Ken Hamlin hospitalized? **confirmed and in ICU**

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Seattle radio stations are abuzz over a rumor that Seahawks safety Ken Hamlin was critically injured (head injury) in a bar fight last night. The media is trying to get someone to confirm or deny it.

UPDATE -- The Seattle Times has confirmed that Hamlin is in the hospital.

DBoys

Reaction score
Looks like they are having the same luck as the Cowboys.

btcutter

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Looks like they are having the same luck as the Cowboys.

Don't think Hamlins position is as critical as your starting LT, esp when you got Tucker backing up and a rookie RT on the other side.

jem88

Reaction score
btcutter said:
Don't think Hamlins position is as critical as your starting LT, esp when you got Tucker backing up and a rookie RT on the other side.
I'd say his critical injury is more relevant than how important he is to their defence.

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
btcutter said:

He's a pretty important player to their D. He's a playmaker who switched from SS to FS extremely well last year.

I hope this rumor is not true. this would really suck for him and his family.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
The Seahawks will release a statement later today.

That says everything people are worried about. It pretty much means he is in fact hurt.

To what degree remains to be seen. I hope he isnt to badly hurt.

btcutter

Reaction score
CanadaBoys said:
He's a pretty important player to their D. He's a playmaker who switched from SS to FS extremely well last year.

I hope this rumor is not true. this would really suck for him and his family.

I am not trying to underplay his importance. However, comparitively Flozell is more important to us then Hamlin is to Seattle. Our LT is covering the back side of Drew Bledsoe (remember that he's been sack how many times before this yr?) and his fumbling habits. We also have an average backup at best. The OL is already shifting it's protection toward Petitti. If you start to devote another RB or TE to the left side, you've just taken Witten out of the passing play or JJ out of it as well. This allows D to blitz more or drop one more player back to cover.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Hamlin is in intensive care.

Here's the latest report from the Seahawks writer for the Tacoma News Tribune --

I spoke with Hamlin's former agent, Jason Medlock, a few minutes ago. Medlock said he has been in contact with Hamlin's family and is praying for Hamlin's wellbeing. He did not know the absolute latest on the situation, but he did say that his understanding was that Hamlin had been "jumped" outside a nightclub and knocked out, suffering a serious injury. Medlock said the injuries left Hamlin in intensive care. I have confirmed that through other avenues as well.

"We are all praying for him," Medlock said. "We are just hoping for the best."

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Seahawks | Hamlin Hospitalized
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:32:32 -0700

Jose Romero, of the Seattle Times, reports Seattle Seahawks S Ken Hamlin (undisclosed) was admitted to Harborview Medical Center late Sunday night, Oct. 16 or early Monday morning, Oct. 17, according to a Harborview source. The team is investigating the situation, as it appeared Hamlin did not suffer any injuries during the Week 6 game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Hmm, I edited the title of the first post, but the thread still shows up on the main page with the "rumor" title.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Another report from Hamlin's current agent, Lawrence Temple -- "I am en route to Seattle right now. There was an altercation last night where Ken got injured. He is in the hospital. The reports I am getting are that he is actually doing a lot better than initially thought. He hit his head at one point. I have not had a chance to talk to Ken yet. But I’m on my way up there. Everything I’m hearing is that that is pretty precautionary (going into ICU). They’ve been running some tests and things are better than it could have been."

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Another report from Hamlin's current agent, Lawrence Temple -- "I am en route to Seattle right now. There was an altercation last night where Ken got injured. He is in the hospital. The reports I am getting are that he is actually doing a lot better than initially thought. He hit his head at one point. I have not had a chance to talk to Ken yet. But I’m on my way up there. Everything I’m hearing is that that is pretty precautionary (going into ICU). They’ve been running some tests and things are better than it could have been."
Well, that's better news... Hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I hope me makes a full and complete recover and is able to play again in 2 weeks.

Hoov

Reaction score
For the amount of money these nfl players make, some of them sure must be picking some real shady bars to frequent.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
The team physician said he's in serious but stable condition. His injury was from blunt force trauma from an assault, he has a skull fracture, subdural hematoma, and bruising of the brain tissue. He's awake and talking, no evidence of severe brain damage at this point. Right now their primary concern is the clot, and watching to make sure it doesn't get any larger.

He also has a fractured right hand, but right now it sounds as though he'll be all right.