Ken Hamlin hospitalized? **confirmed and in ICU**

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Lets hope future players learn from this - you can't hit the bars at 2:00 AM - YOU ARE MARKED.

jay cee

Reaction score
Nors said:
Sounds like his season and career may be in jeopardy - too bad.

I feel for the kid but these football players have to learn - 2:00AM in bars they are sitting ducks for drunk losers to come after them. See Canty - You just can't go out at that hour in the bar scene as an NFL athlete. Or for that matter = an average joe smo
It's hard to keep young guys from wanting to go out and hit the clubs. It's a shame that you have to live your life trying to avoid these idiots.

It was bad when I was a young guy, but I believe it is much worse now.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jay cee said:
It's hard to keep young guys from wanting to go out and hit the clubs. It's a shame that you have to live your life trying to avoid these idiots.

It was bad when I was a young guy, but I believe it is much worse now.

I hear ya, but after Keith Davis incident........ Hanging in Bars at 2:00 AM Drunk or Sober is an accident waiting to happen especially for an NFL player.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Nors said:
I hear ya, but after Keith Davis incident........ Hanging in Bars at 2:00 AM Drunk or Sober is an accident waiting to happen especially for an NFL player.

Not just Keith Davis. Chris Canty is a great example of why you should stay away. He was just a bystander and almost lost an eye.

jay cee

Reaction score
Nors said:
They are no different than most young people, they want to go out and party. And no amount of talking is going to dissuade them.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Nors said:
I feel for the kid but these football players have to learn - 2:00AM in bars they are sitting ducks for drunk losers to come after them.

What's even worse is that, according to the owner of the club, Hamlin provoked the fight, even after being separated for 15 minutes by security guards.

The club's owner, Larry Culp, said his security guards kept Hamlin separated from the two suspects outside for about 15 minutes as the bar was emptying at closing time. He said guards tried to restrain Hamlin several times and the other man started to back down, but ``as the head of my security team turned his head, (Hamlin) went after him.

``He had plenty of chances to walk away from this incident,'' Culp said, adding Hamlin ``went out of his way'' to provoke a fight.

Culp released a security videotape showing Hamlin breaking free from club security guards and pursuing the suspects after the initial altercation subsided.

Smith22

Reaction score
Bad move by Hamlin if true, but you hate to see anyone get injured like that.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Adam thanks for the update.

So this guy provoked a fight outside a bar at closing time and got his butt kicked. Unreal.

These guys, as Nors said, are marks. You simply cannot put yourself in these type of situations.