Kenneth Murray: The Most Beautifullest Film Study

fivetwos

Reaction score
Id rather take Baun because he has shown the ability to rush the passer.
Nit gonna lie I'd generally be upset if we took a LBer with the holes everywhere else
Next thing you know, there may be holes there too.

Just have to take BPA and not look back.

I agree on Baun, and if the 2DT and 3WR are gone I'd have to say that's who I'm hoping for.

Maybe Nolan has some ideas to move him all over and get pressure out of him right away.

Murray isnt a pressure player.

Baun may be about as good as it's going to get at 17 absent some serious surprises.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Well upfront they were mostly a one gap control team during the games I watched him on film . So as a whole , the games I watched there were times when he was unable to shed blockers which depending on the situation can be a concern for sure but he also had lineman on him very fast at times

On the run play that was an awful play for sure over pursed badly

second play, he’s in zone there and there were two crossing patterns right in front of him with a trailing cb in man.

Third play, OU looks to have back 5/6 in zone. However he may have been responsible for the tb on that jailbreak screen the other way. If he was responsible for zone that’s on him. And these were the plays that I was talking about

I think he’ll be a great player. And like I said we need dire help at other areas on defense so I hope we don’t pick him[/QUOTE]

cnuball21

Reaction score
Braun although undersized, is consider one of the best edge rushers in the entire class. I agree, it's not even close. To be honest, I believe both players are more trade down targets, too rich for pick #17.

I’d take Baun at 17 without hesitation and wouldn’t take Murray in the 1st.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I’d take Baun at 17 without hesitation and wouldn’t take Murray in the 1st.

My concern with Braun is, where do you play him in the base? Is he more of a situational edge rusher for this team?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Love the athlete, not a big fan of the player. When evaluating LBs and Ss one of the biggest thing I look for is instincts and ability to diagnose. That shows up S a negative in more than 1 report in him so 17 is way too rich for me.

Lol?

The video actually shows him anticipating/diagnosing and making the play.

The last clip highlights him making a highly intelligent read in real-time. Watch that play and tell me how you think Jaylon would have handled it?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If you find 2 or 3, it means it happens dozens of times. And no, you're wrong about both scheme and DL
This is simply missing his gap assignment:

Simply a blown coverage

Lack of reading keys

These are all the result of lack of vision/feel and have nothing to do with what the rest of the defense is doing. He is quite literally playing freely here.

Conversely, if you see him making the plays in the cut video I posted, it means he’s done it dozens of times.

morasp

Reaction score
NFL has Baun ranked right at 17 and Murray ranked 20th. With very close draft grades of 6.5 and 6.49 respectively.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lol?

The video actually shows him anticipating/diagnosing and making the play.

The last clip highlights him making a highly intelligent read in real-time. Watch that play and tell me how you think Jaylon would have handled it?

And there are multiple videos that show just the opposite that have even been added to this thread. The scouting reports speak to a body of work for a player not just a few plays.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Next thing you know, there may be holes there too.

Just have to take BPA and not look back.

I agree on Baun, and if the 2DT and 3WR are gone I'd have to say that's who I'm hoping for.

Maybe Nolan has some ideas to move him all over and get pressure out of him right away.

Murray isnt a pressure player.

Baun may be about as good as it's going to get at 17 absent some serious surprises.
BPA is a little overused. intersection of bpa and need... But yeah I agree

fivetwos

Reaction score
BPA is a little overused. intersection of bpa and need... But yeah I agree
We are on the same page. BPA certainly has a funny little flexibility to it lol.

A certain amount of discretion has to be used. If the top player on the board at 17 is Swift, you cant really take him, and if its Love, that's a completely different organizational decision.

I'm thinking BPA often seems to meet need because they weigh it that way.

This team needs defense, but if you look at the way things are likely to go, if one of the top 3 WR is there at 17, they would clearly be a higher ranked player than the Chaissons and McKinneys of the world.

S and DE are much bigger needs, and I think the above scenario is where BPA actually comes into play.

John813

Reaction score
IMO the fallback plan for LVE's health this year is Lee. While I can see the Cowboys looking at LB's, I could also see them being comfortable enough with Lee-Thomas and even Gifford to have bigger roles if LVE's neck can't hold up. But I think they will give LVE one more year before potentially pulling the plug on if- that is if his neck injury reflares up.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm confused. Murray is touted as a safe pick by some, total projection by others. Can someone give me a definitive opinion please?!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like Murray but I'm hoping it doesnt come to that at 17.

I also cant think it's best if one of the top 3 WRs falls. We dont need an OT for while. I want absolutely no part of a CB that wont tackle.

So what am I hoping happens?

I'm very much warming up to the idea that Zack Baun may be the way to go.

I have a feeling the team will give him one of the 17-19 first round grades they typically assign.

The league is all about QBs, and pressuring them is way more effective than trying to cover.

I'd love to see a Chaisson vs Baun analysis from someone who knows much more than I do.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm confused. Murray is touted as a safe pick by some, total projection by others. Can someone give me a definitive opinion please?!
I dont see him as a project at all. He just doesnt have a very high ceiling, and a lot of that may have to do with him likely being a 43 OLB.

He isnt a pass rusher.

Safe, solid pick, lower total bust potential but much lower All Pro potential as well.

I'd wager he starts as a rookie.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And there are multiple videos that show just the opposite that have even been added to this thread. The scouting reports speak to a body of work for a player not just a few plays.

And yet you’re defining him based on the negative.

How are you not recognizing that?

Do you think bad tape doesn’t exist of Baun (or name your favorite player)?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I like Murray but I'm hoping it doesnt come to that at 17.

I also cant think it's best if one of the top 3 WRs falls. We dont need an OT for while. I want absolutely no part of a CB that wont tackle.

So what am I hoping happens?

I'm very much warming up to the idea that Zack Baun may be the way to go.

I have a feeling the team will give him one of the 17-19 first round grades they typically assign.

The league is all about QBs, and pressuring them is way more effective than trying to cover.

I'd love to see a Chaisson vs Baun analysis from someone who knows much more than I do.

If the board came down to WR or LB I’m taking the defensive player whether it be Murray, Baun, et cetera.