Kerry Hyder is really muddling things up

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The DL is very overcrowded here in Dallas. Reports out of camp say that Hyder looks great. He did have himself a season a couple years ago in Detroit. One or 2 of the following are not going to be on this team unless the injury bug thins the herd...

Crawford, Woods, Taco, Armstrong, Covington, and Gregory.

I added Gregory because we just don’t know. If the league suspends him for the season and these other guys play well (Taco/Armstrong/Hyder), how can you continue to carry him?

A surprise is lurking here for sure.

What say you?

cern

Reaction score
The DL is very overcrowded here in Dallas. Reports out of camp say that Hyder looks great. He did have himself a season a couple years ago in Detroit. One or 2 of the following are not going to be on this team unless the injury bug thins the herd...

I added Gregory because we just don’t know. If the league suspends him for the season and these other guys play well (Taco/Armstrong/Hyder), how can you continue to carry him?

What say you?
Imo, Crawford and Gregory are in the most precarious positions. Crawford won't get any better. Gregory can't be counted on.

Verdict

Reaction score

What say you?

Interesting how this will play out. I suspect the team has plans/inclination that we don’t know about at this point.

Verdict

Reaction score
Imo, Crawford and Gregory are in the most precarious positions. Crawford won't get any better. Gregory can't be counted on.

Gregory creates serious issues when it comes to deciding who to keep and how to allocate the 53. I’m not sure he is worth the trouble.

Common Sense

Reaction score

What say you?

I fully expect Gregory to be suspended for the year. And based on the way the front office talked about Taco during the offseason, I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to move him before the start of the season if he doesn’t light it up during training camp.

I have no idea what’s going to happen with Crawford (I suspect they’re going to keep him and rotate him with Quinn and at 3T), but Woods is obviously making the team. That probably leaves Hyder, Armstrong, and Covington to battle it out with Daniel Ross and the rookies for one of those last DL spots.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not sure how Hyder doing great can correctly be defined as "muddling things up."

Nevertheless, if that's what it is, we should probably see fit to muddle more often.

Accordingly, the FO and team should have more talent available to choose from.

Honestly, this 'muddled up' thing appears to bear the look of a gift from the gods!

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

What say you?
Great problem to have. I'm not going to feel too bad for whoever doesn't make the cut because they are sure to end up on another NFL roster somewhere.

exciter

Reaction score

What say you?
I'm always suspicious of these midseason reports hyping some player. That being said there was a write up just a few weeks ago talking about the major steps Armstrong has made even since his last preseason which was talked about as great. I really don't see them walking away from Taco after 2 seasons unless they can get something in a trade. Crawford isn't going anywhere and his undervaluing by fans is mind boggling. Hyder was brought in as insurance against the Gregory suspension and not being able to make any movement elsewhere. That and considering he's only under contract for one season vs the other ends mentioned, I'm guessing his preseason would have to be brilliant for him to have a chance barring multiple injuries!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not sure how Hyder doing great can correctly be defined as "muddling things up."

Nevertheless, if that's what it is, we should probably see fit to muddle more often.

Accordingly, the FO and team should have more talent available to choose from.

A bit of hyperbole there. You get my point.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

What say you?

Not sure he is a surprise at all.. They signed him projecting he would regain form of 2 seasons ago prior to injury. I think it's more of a surprise if he's not in the rotation.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
A bit of hyperbole there. You get my point.

Yep, actually, I like it! Gotta admit, I approve wholeheartedly of your message. Without question, good things are on the horizon!

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not sure he is a surprise at all.. They signed him projecting he would regain form of 2 seasons ago prior to injury. I think it's more of a surprise if he's not in the rotation.

You're correct, sir, he isn't now but I'll bet it won't be too long before he is.

By the looks of things, our pass rush will likely be one to create havoc! :)

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hyder has been my pick as the most underrated signing who is going to have the biggest impact.

We expect Quinn to be a starter, and we expect Cobb to be the slot receiver. However, many don't even have Hyder making the team.

I think Hyder and Covington are going to really strengthen our line depth after we watched the Rams run over us with Lawrence and Woods both trying to play through torn labrum. We didn't have a quality backup run-stuffer, which I believe we do now in Covington, or we didn't have enough consistent pressure players outside of Lawrence and Gregory (later in the season). Hyder and Quinn immediately can improve that while we try to develop players like Hill.