Kevin Burnett just validates Clinton Portis' Criticisms

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I'm not so sure I appreciate his honesty................ :confused:

On one hand thanks for the info. On the other hand, WTH?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee come the spring when burnett signs with another team he will be really outspoken and throw a whole bunch of people under the bus. You can just sense it already.

Whether it will be teammates or coaches I dont know, but he is going to do it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
xWraithx;2418114 said:
what? word on my street is Ken Hamlin knows who did it... but he doesn't want to come across as being a snitch... Ken Hamlin ain't no stoolie! jk

well he sure has been playing like a big, steaming, corn-filled log of stool this year.......:bang2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Iago33;2418897 said:
I'm sorry--you probably make good points--but I'm too busy trying to picture these "mental laps." What would that look like?

Really, it's just a typo, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

maybe it wasnt a type. laps go around in circles........over and over again. Our D is constantly letting people get open and getting burnt over and over again. all game long, play after play, our players are forgetting their assignments or completely getting out of position to make a play. then they argue like a bunch of women fighting over the last pair of shoes that are one sale.....mental laps....

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I bet the guy who got on me for calling this defense "weak-minded and pathetic" won't be found in this thread.

It is exactly what they are and what they have been, for a long time. This dates all the way back to Parcells first arriving. In fact, our defense was better before he started injecting into it. We need to get out of this 3-4 and never look back!

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2418934 said:
I can almost guarantee come the spring when burnett signs with another team he will be really outspoken and throw a whole bunch of people under the bus. You can just sense it already.

Whether it will be teammates or coaches I dont know, but he is going to do it.

Good for him. He's always healthy and has been invaluable ever since he put the star on. Personally, I'm going to get a custom KB jersey to hang in my closet so I can remember all of the beasting he did in Dallas.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Don't forget, Brandon Jacobs said the exact same thing when interviewed on the field after the game.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Parcells use to say the same thing about this defense. I remember them asking him why they dont stunt or blitz more and he said something like well, if they arent smart enough to execute basic plays how can we have faith in them to be in position on other stuff we want to run.

It is getting harder and harder to believe that both Parcells and Phillips are inept at coaching defensive players. Especially when Kitna, Jacobs, Portis and others keep talking about how confused and out of position our defense always is.