Kevin Joseph, playing opposite of Diggs

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually thought twice before I even said that. Because we haven’t stopped the run in 10 years lol

Its a concern of mine because as well as the defense has played, I don’t feel that they’ve faced the concerted rushing attacks that they will see over the next two weeks.

And teams see what we’ve done against the passing game so they will now test us with the run. And the teams that have stayed with us or beaten us have run the ball the best against us.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The 1995 team took Deion Sanders and Larry Brown to the Super Bowl. Brown even won the MVP for two picks that changed the game.

However, Brown was a back-up to Kevin Smith that year. But the first game of the season Smith ruptured his Achilles tendon during the Giant's game.

Musing over the team and seasons, I have oft wondered what that team would have been like with Kevin Smith across from Deion. Smith was a real stud corner. Deion was playing baseball at the time, and only started nine games for Dallas that year.

The dream corners never manifested with a healthy Smith and the GOAT. Smith was never really back to his old form after that injury in my opinion.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf/histories/cowboys

J_Allen

Reaction score
The 1995 team took Deion Sanders and Larry Brown to the Super Bowl. Brown even won the MVP for two picks that changed the game.

However, Brown was a back-up to Kevin Smith that year. But the first game of the season Smith ruptured his Achilles tendon during the Giant's game.

Musing over the team and seasons, I have oft wondered what that team would have been like with Kevin Smith across from Deion. Smith was a real stud corner. Deion was playing baseball at the time, and only started nine games for Dallas that year.

The dream corners never manifested with a healthy Smith and the GOAT. Smith was never really back to his old form after that injury in my opinion.

It wasn't just your opinion he was not back to old form. Got burned a lot and called for a lot of pass interference penalties, some of which were because he was a marked man. I remember him turning over a Gatorade table after one call.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the diggs/joseph combo is gonna be fun to watch for the next decade.
the nfc east is now in lockdown.
by order of diggs/joseph air patrol.

Nexx

Reaction score
Kevin Smith was not a shutdown corner post achilles tear. He was more like Anthony Brown but not quite as good in my opinion. Way too many pass interference penalties.

Luckily they have perfected Achilles surgeries now. It used to be a death sentence for cornerbacks.

Kevin Smith was better than Brown pre-injury imho.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Brown was actually never a back up to Pup.

Kevin Smith got injured early which forced Jerry to fast track his negotiations with Deion.

The offseason prior, Jimmy was heavily recruiting Deion at SB but Jerry not only pushed Jimmy out but was quoted as saying the Cowboys would not be players in Primetime sweepstakes.

Deion and Niners went on to sweep Dallas that season as well as win SB.