Video: Key to stopping Russell Wilson

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If they are smart they will give Penny some quality touches. He is akin to Marlon Mack who ate us alive in the Colts game.

True then again Dallas was not expecting a heavy passing team like the Colts to run as much as they did. Dallas fully expects seahawks to run

sean10mm

Reaction score
RW kills teams when he can just roll out and has open field in front of him, forcing the D to try to guess if he'll scramble for a 1st down or is just buying time to make a deep throw. If you can bottle him up in the pocket he becomes much less dangerous.

This Seahawks team really only has 1 good receiver - Lockett, who has gone completely nuclear this year out of nowhere. Take him away and the passing game is not much to worry about. Their TE is a nobody and their running backs aren't passing weapons.

The task is basically to stymie the run game, keep RW in the pocket, and cover one guy on deep routes. I'm not saying all that's easy, but the Seahawks are not going to fool you, either. They basically are what they are. They aren't a team like the Patriots who might do a complete 180 from their normal tendencies from one game to the next just to mess with you.

CB61

Reaction score
It's exactly what they did with Justin Durant against Aaron Rodgers. They had all 3 rushers collapse the pocket one direction, and then Durant delay and go after Rodgers when he had to move.

Lee is the wrong guy to do it though, because it needs to be a much bettter athlete to be effective against Wilson. I'd do it with Jaylon, if at all.
Well it wouldn't be a bad idea I just don't know if this coaching staff would have the guts to do something like that? I guess we'll find out pretty soon ? got plenty of tape on him plus the last time they played him

CB61

Reaction score
Well it wouldn't be a bad idea I just don't know if this coaching staff would have the guts to do something like that? I guess we'll find out pretty soon ? got plenty of tape on him plus the last time they played him
We also did not play very well on either side of the ball that game well with the exception of the defense to hold them to 24 points D has got to be a lot better this game

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wonder if teams will ever run 5 down linemen to help neutralise the RPO

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Collapse the pocket and never quit on the play because his receivers will never stop moving. Use soft eyes.