CFZ Keys to beating the Giants!

quickccc

Reaction score
-I definitely could see Parsons used more as a linebacker in obvious run situations.
-Carolina did a good job in bottling up Barkley for the majority of the game.
-Key will be protecting the football, making them earn everything.
-This will also be the first game on the road for our young lineman, let's hope we don't see many pre-snap penalties.

Let's hope our Entire team offense, defense or special teams will remedy down the penalties.
Late or unnecessary hits on QB, ... hands to the face, ..holding....or offside on special teams, etc.

Not only protecting the ball, but not crippling ourselves with drive killing( vs us) .. or drive sustaining (for opposition team)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Rush could have trouble with the Giants' pass rush if DC Martindale opts to blitz liberally.

Rush might well be required to deliver the ball in a "rush" in that event, tiny pun intended.

Conversely, if the Giants OL is susceptible to our pass rush, maybe the same problem might apply to Jones.

The Giants are favored by 3 pts., so say the Vegas bookies. It may be a close game, this time, for a change.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I believe we will have the edge inside the trenches, question is how our young players handle the blitz packages.
How is the weather going to be? You know how the wind can be at MetLife. It is going to cool down in a few days.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Live in NYC and get to watch all the Giant games here locally. Many of their fans are shocked that they won their 1st 2 games. Here is what I think, the keys of beating them:

-Primary goal is to contain both Barkley and Daniel Jones on the ground. When they have offensive success it's usually when either player makes a big play running the football. Jones is much more athletic then many realize. This might be a game where we see Parsons play more as a linebacker, especially the early downs.

-They have 2 talented young Tackles, but they are still in the developmental stage. Neal would be the Tackle to go after as he has had some early struggles. Their interior OL is average at best. Their OL is still a major weakness.

-Receiver position has a few weapons, where it seems Sheppard has the most trust with Jones. Toney had a big game against us last season and he needs to be accounted for. Force Jones to throw in tight windows as he usually is good for making mistakes.

-Leonard Williams, their best defensive player may miss this week's game as he has a sprain knee. However, their prized pass rusher from Oregon is expected to make his debut. Their DL is the strength of their defense.

-Their DC, Martindale comes from the Ravens and likes to blitz a whole lot. They will come at us everywhere on the field. However, outside of Jackson, they have very green corners.

If they blitz they are dumb...Getting the ball out quick matches our QB2 and subpar WR room strengths...Cincy stopped blitzing and realized once again to beat KM contain the run and make them throw into zone..Perferably force Rush to trow to outzide routes and you will have a much better shot at this...That offense will have problems with our defense, I hope they blitz all night we will win for sure win then.

Aven8

Reaction score
Our D just went against Brady and Burrow. Jones certainly doesn’t scare me at all. Wink Martindale scares me as he’s a blitz guru and our Oline is young.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Our D just went against Brady and Burrow. Jones certainly doesn’t scare me at all. Wink Martindale scares me as he’s a blitz guru and our Oline is young.

Yup. This looks like a defensive slugfest. Turnover battle looms large and both offenses can be prone to giveaways.

We need to control TOP and keep our D fresh.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Special Teams, field position and a big play. It's Turpin time! He brings a punt back to the house Monday Night.

JayFord

Reaction score
Shut down Barkley

idc what Jones does, if he throws it 40-50 times and he beats you then you deserve to lose

tromofan

Reaction score
Live in NYC and get to watch all the Giant games here locally. Many of their fans are shocked that they won their 1st 2 games. Here is what I think, the keys of beating them:

-Primary goal is to contain both Barkley and Daniel Jones on the ground. When they have offensive success it's usually when either player makes a big play running the football. Jones is much more athletic then many realize. This might be a game where we see Parsons play more as a linebacker, especially the early downs.

-They have 2 talented young Tackles, but they are still in the developmental stage. Neal would be the Tackle to go after as he has had some early struggles. Their interior OL is average at best. Their OL is still a major weakness.

-Receiver position has a few weapons, where it seems Sheppard has the most trust with Jones. Toney had a big game against us last season and he needs to be accounted for. Force Jones to throw in tight windows as he usually is good for making mistakes.

-Leonard Williams, their best defensive player may miss this week's game as he has a sprain knee. However, their prized pass rusher from Oregon is expected to make his debut. Their DL is the strength of their defense.

-Their DC, Martindale comes from the Ravens and likes to blitz a whole lot. They will come at us everywhere on the field. However, outside of Jackson, they have very green corners.
Our O-line is gonna be severely tested this week. Monday night in New York is gonna be crazy. Home opener for a 2-0 team looking to make a huge statement against they're most hated rival. I'm much more scared of this game than I was the Bengals.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Their bread and butter has been

-Barkley breaking multiple tackles
-Jones running
-Sheperd beating coverage deep
-Plays breaking down and Jones rolling out and making a play
ADD to that their defense not allowing many points like dallas d.

Carson

Reaction score
ADD to that their defense not allowing many points like dallas d.
Agreed.

However, they’ve seen two pretty terrible offenses. Tennessee and Carolina are pretty much 1 running back and bunch of JAGS

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Our O-line is gonna be severely tested this week. Monday night in New York is gonna be crazy. Home opener for a 2-0 team looking to make a huge statement against they're most hated rival. I'm much more scared of this game than I was the Bengals.
Last week was their home opener, but it will be a hostile crowd

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Our D can cause the Giants O to completely break down by the 4th quarter. So, if it's a close game, that's when we take control of the game.

plymkr

Reaction score
Tell Parsons that Daniel Jones was talking about his momma.