CFZ Keys to beating the Giants!

Havic

Reaction score
I think the Giants have overachieved at this point.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Live in NYC and get to watch all the Giant games here locally. Many of their fans are shocked that they won their 1st 2 games. Here is what I think, the keys of beating them:

-Primary goal is to contain both Barkley and Daniel Jones on the ground. When they have offensive success it's usually when either player makes a big play running the football. Jones is much more athletic then many realize. This might be a game where we see Parsons play more as a linebacker, especially the early downs.

-They have 2 talented young Tackles, but they are still in the developmental stage. Neal would be the Tackle to go after as he has had some early struggles. Their interior OL is average at best. Their OL is still a major weakness.

-Receiver position has a few weapons, where it seems Sheppard has the most trust with Jones. Toney had a big game against us last season and he needs to be accounted for. Force Jones to throw in tight windows as he usually is good for making mistakes.

-Leonard Williams, their best defensive player may miss this week's game as he has a sprain knee. However, their prized pass rusher from Oregon is expected to make his debut. Their DL is the strength of their defense.

-Their DC, Martindale comes from the Ravens and likes to blitz a whole lot. They will come at us everywhere on the field. However, outside of Jackson, they have very green corners.
Keep Dakota " Toad Hunter" Prescot off the field........................ That's good for about 12 wins, then it's on to the playoffs!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Live in NYC and get to watch all the Giant games here locally. Many of their fans are shocked that they won their 1st 2 games. Here is what I think, the keys of beating them:

-Primary goal is to contain both Barkley and Daniel Jones on the ground. When they have offensive success it's usually when either player makes a big play running the football. Jones is much more athletic then many realize. This might be a game where we see Parsons play more as a linebacker, especially the early downs.

-They have 2 talented young Tackles, but they are still in the developmental stage. Neal would be the Tackle to go after as he has had some early struggles. Their interior OL is average at best. Their OL is still a major weakness.

-Receiver position has a few weapons, where it seems Sheppard has the most trust with Jones. Toney had a big game against us last season and he needs to be accounted for. Force Jones to throw in tight windows as he usually is good for making mistakes.

-Leonard Williams, their best defensive player may miss this week's game as he has a sprain knee. However, their prized pass rusher from Oregon is expected to make his debut. Their DL is the strength of their defense.

-Their DC, Martindale comes from the Ravens and likes to blitz a whole lot. They will come at us everywhere on the field. However, outside of Jackson, they have very green corners.

Holding the Giants to under 20 points, for starters. That's been Rush's magic number. Fortunately, I think the Cowboys can do exactly that.

If Rush plays another clean game, Dallas limits penalties and avoids turnovers, they can win a low scoring affair.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Two best options... rip Dak's thumb completely off, or run directly at Jaylon Smith. Jaylon will have a 15 tackle game...all after 15 yard runs

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree, the Giants DBs are all somewhat inexperienced and frankly, I don't know that there is a lot of talent there. But so far they have played better than expected, all things considered. They beat the Titans but it looks like the Titans are not who we thought they were. They beat the Panthers and I think the Panthers are pretty mediocre. Still, for the Giants to win 2 games to start the season is a bit of a surprise.

The Giants have shown in their first two games that if the game is close they can get fired up to steal a late W. The Cowboys would be wise to get up a couple of scores and stay there.
The question I have is did the Titans trading Brown turn that team into a dumpster fire? They seem to have cratered without him.

Verdict

Reaction score
Holding the Giants to under 20 points, for starters. That's been Rush's magic number. Fortunately, I think the Cowboys can do exactly that.

If Rush plays another clean game, Dallas limits penalties and avoids turnovers, they can win a low scoring affair.
The margin of victory should have been greater last week. The Tank offsides and the Shultz fumble made the game closer than it should have been.

Flamma

Reaction score

I get to watch all the giants games too since I live in the area. Except I don't watch them.

It will be interesting to see how Daniel Jones reacts to the Parsons attack. Burrow didn't make any I'll advised throws under the pressure.

cristglo

Reaction score
Zeke and Pollard need to feast. Get the running game going keep our defense off the field = Win

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I disagree with playing MP at inside backer more. Or maybe ever. I’d like to see him as an outside backer, end, hybrid or whatever that position would be. I’d like him opposite Lawrence who’s good vs the run too.

He stops runs to one side and is ready to after the QB at all times. He will learn to chase plays down from the backside ala LT. I think he’s a better end than mlb by a decent margin.

He’s different

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I get to watch all the giants games too since I live in the area. Except I don't watch them.

It will be interesting to see how Daniel Jones reacts to the Parsons attack. Burrow didn't make any I'll advised throws under the pressure.
Key is getting them in passing situations and being successful on the early downs

Cowboyny

Reaction score

You have to think teams will force Rush to beat them an take away their run game

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have watched NY play both games, Barkley looks healthy and good. Cowboys have their work cut out for them and Giants playing with some confidence as they are getting off to a quick start.

Proof

Reaction score
wouldn't be surprised to see another Toney coming out party, honestly. He's been injured or disciplined the first two games and would be fitting to put it all together against us.