KFFL: J.Walker would rather retire

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Packers | J. Walker selling his house; preparing to move on
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:39:51 -0800
Ron Borges, of the Boston Globe, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl">Green Bay Packers opened their offseason workout program without unhappy WR Javon Walker, who put his house up for sale in Green Bay the day after the workouts began and enlisted the help of his parents to clean it out. Walker claims he'd rather retire than play a fifth season for the Packers. Green Bay is insisting it will not trade him.

----------------------------------------
Can gb really be THAT bad?

neosapien23

Reaction score
I think he is a little ticked off that Brett Favre spoke out against him. He stated that the public treated him pretty badly afterwards. There is too much bad blood their for him to stay.

dcboy

Reaction score
Can gb really be THAT bad?

What what I understand, YES! I know a guy that play wr for them a few years ago and he used to go on about how terrible green bay was.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I would gladly give up this year's 4th and up to next year's 2nd (if he meets performance requirements) for him.

This will eliminate another "need" and we can concentrate on OLB, FS, & OL.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Hailmary said:
I would gladly give up this year's 4th and up to next year's 2nd (if he meets performance requirements) for him.

sounds good but we have no 4th

Hailmary

Reaction score
He may sound a bit whiney, but you can't argue w/ the numbers he's put up in GB. And I for one wouldn't want to stay somewhere where I am greatly underappreciated by my employer.

I wonder if this is going to affect GB's ability to sign FAs in the future. I can see how some potential FAs might view the GB organization as being "cheap".

Eskimo

Reaction score
I think this is an issue of respect - he feels he was treated poorly by the front office, Favre and the fan base. I would be very surprised if he played another down in GB.

GB has to take the position they won't trade him because otherwise it would drive down his trade value. I think they are waiting for some team to become desperate for a WR and offer them something of value. Lots of teams still have cap dollars so that helps out GB a great deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team like NE or Philly made a play for him before all is said and done.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Green Bay is seeking trade offers for Walker. They want a 2nd round pick for Javon.

G.B. is offering Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and the Bills 3rd round pick (77), and 4th round pick in 2007.

Per ESPN Radio.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
GB has to take the position they won't trade him because otherwise it would drive down his trade value. I think they are waiting for some team to become desperate for a WR and offer them something of value. Lots of teams still have cap dollars so that helps out GB a great deal.

That doesn't make sense because saying "we aren't going to trade him" can be interpreted as "we'll cut you".

Eskimo

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
That doesn't make sense because saying "we aren't going to trade him" can be interpreted as "we'll cut you".

Everyone knows he isn't going to be cut - he has too much value even coming off an ACL injury.

Someone will pony up at least a 2nd rounder (or something of equivalent value) before all is said and done.

I just wish we were the ones who made the play for him before the TO signing. I would not support bringing in Walker at this point because we would have too much money invested in the position and Parcells probably doesn't want to play with 3-WR as his base offensive formation.

Bullet22

Reaction score
Farve should have kept his mouth shut...and as long as a player doesn't file the proper paperwork with the league, saying you are retire means nothing..

SouthernStar

Reaction score
Hailmary said:

And what "need" would that be? We are "set" at wide receiver.
Your willingness to trade a pick that we don't have is another indication that you are not "in tune" with this ball club.

calico

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I'd give up a day one draft pick to get him in a heartbeat.

Me too, he is worth it...Walker, TO, Glenn, Crayton...

:omg:

but, we need that pick to fill holes...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SacredStar said:
Green Bay is seeking trade offers for Walker. They want a 2nd round pick for Javon.
That is pretty tempting. Could we get a WR in the 2nd round like this.........

Height: 6-3 Weight: 215
Born: Oct 14, 1978 - Galveston, TX
College: Florida State
Draft: 2002 - 1st round (20th pick) by the Green Bay Packers

2002-03 Green Bay 23 319 1
2003-04 Green Bay 41 716 9
2004-05 Green Bay 89 1382 12
2005-06 Green Bay 4 27 0
Career..................157 2444 22