Kicker Eddy Pineiro

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not sure. Jerry seemed to be locked in on that, but we haven't really heard much regarding kicker since then, other than the team signing Vizcaino, who seems more like camp competition than the true kicker.

Could use a draft pick on one, but we haven't done that since David Buehler and that one didn't work out so well.
If we were going to draft a kicker, my choice would be NC State's Cameron Dunn. He only missed one FG attempt this year and made all of his extra points. I believe I read that he also holds the school's career record for FG accuracy at 87 percent. Don't know what his draft value is, though. I'd be willing to use up to fifth on one.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If we were going to draft a kicker, my choice would be NC State's Cameron Dunn. He only missed one FG attempt this year and made all of his extra points. I believe I read that he also holds the school's career record for FG accuracy at 87 percent. Don't know what his draft value is, though. I'd be willing to use up to fifth on one.
Interesting name to keep an eye on. Kickers are not a position group I familiarize myself with however my friend Google is helping me out on this one. Sounds like he doesnt kick off well and slowed his kicking motion down this year to help with his accuracy. A slow kicking motion is an issue, but any ST coach that thinks they can fix his motion and lot lose the accuracy might be in for a low risk/high reward.

Sounds like Chad Ryland from Maryland and Jake Moody from Michigan are the only guys that are likely to be drafted.

I was actually surprised look at past drafts as see how few kickers actually get selected. The last two drafts have only had two kickers get drafted (Evan McPherson and Cade York). I would have thought more teams would put a 7th round selection in on a Kicker or Punter.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys don’t believe in competition, they prefer entitlement and then loyalty
first off Maher was 90% last year only kicks missed were over 55.. only had an XP issue the very last game Maher was the right choice last year as hes been like 90% kicker 2 years in row. had one bad game really against TB and it didn't cost us and had nothing to do with FGs was an XP deal.. he should get shot to compete with whomever else..no ones guaranteed anything...

you make this argument when the other kicker mentioned not even signed with his own team. jeez the haters in here who say clueless stuff.

Money maher for 16 games, one shaky game and hes trash,.or more like a fan issue. they will have more than one kicker in for competition when that starts like what OTAs are months away? game 1 6months away but complaints started we haven't addressed the kicker yet.,LOL SMFH!!

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Cooks is entitled to be one of our top three WRs. Gilmore is entitled to start at corner.

Why haven't the Cowboys come out and said that even though we traded for them, they will have to compete if they want to be starters here?
Do they have to report every thought in their head to you? They also have come out and explicity said those players will be starters once the season kicks off.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They cannot bring Maher back after the setting the missed extra points record
1 bad game

he deserves shot to compete for it that how you bring him back 16 great money maher games add in saints the year before and one bad one. BTW he made his last xp and FG.. thats why, we letting players go after having one bad game now ..hero to trash, Right that cowboys zone fan for you., cant trust guy who proved it over 16 games but one bad game and hes out.. talk about entitlement, that what fans think they are entitled to judge players after a single bad game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do they have to report every thought in their head to you? They also have come out and explicity said those players will be starters once the season kicks off.
that's fans sense of entitlement. hypocrisy at its finest.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys don’t believe in competition, they prefer entitlement and then loyalty
Last year they brought in one of the top kickers coming out of college for training camp. Probably the top kicker. The fact he kicked poorly in training camp/preseason doesn't mean they didn't have him there to compete

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
1 bad game

he deserves shot to compete for it that how you bring him back 16 great money maher games add in saints the year before and one bad one. BTW he made his last xp and FG.. thats why, we letting players go after having one bad game now ..hero to trash, Right that cowboys zone fan for you., cant trust guy who proved it over 16 games but one bad game and hes out.. talk about entitlement, that what fans think they are entitled to judge players after a single bad game.
One bad game? Maybe you forget that he had his very next kick blocked in the SF game which was 100% missing anyway.

Or the reason we let him go the first time when he had 66% FG percentage?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
first off Maher was 90% last year only kicks missed were over 55.. only had an XP issue the very last game Maher was the right choice last year as hes been like 90% kicker 2 years in row. had one bad game really against TB and it didn't cost us and had nothing to do with FGs was an XP deal.. he should get shot to compete with whomever else..no ones guaranteed anything...

you make this argument when the other kicker mentioned not even signed with his own team. jeez the haters in here who say clueless stuff.

Money maher for 16 games, one shaky game and hes trash,.or more like a fan issue. they will have more than one kicker in for competition when that starts like what OTAs are months away? game 1 6months away but complaints started we haven't addressed the kicker yet.,LOL SMFH!!
I agree. It's very easy to look at the trainwreck of a game against Tampa and be done with the guy, but Maher had maybe the best regular season of all kickers. I'm not against replacing him, but people need to be careful what they wish for, sometimes the solution is worse than the problem. It'll be tough to find another kicker who hits 90% on FGs, 94% on XPs and was 9/11 on 50+ yarders.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree. It's very easy to look at the trainwreck of a game against Tampa and be done with the guy, but Maher had maybe the best regular season of all kickers. I'm not against replacing him, but people need to be careful what they wish for, sometimes the solution is worse than the problem. It'll be tough to find another kicker who hits 90% on FGs, 94% on XPs and was 9/11 on 50+ yarders.
right dont hand him the job but bring him in for a competition, he deserves that, earned it for sure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
One bad game? Maybe you forget that he had his very next kick blocked in the SF game which was 100% missing anyway.

Or the reason we let him go the first time when he had 66% FG percentage?

you dont know that but it truly was one bad game.. seriously get over it.. he had a great season ONE OF THE VERY BEST in the NFL and deserves a shot at the job.. move on you aren't bringing me to your dark side.

jnday

Reaction score
I wanted us to pick him up last year when he was released to compete with Maher. He ended up in Carolina and made 94 percent of his field goals. He's only 27 years old and has just three years in the league. The first one wasn't great, but he's been 41 of 43 on field goals since then and 39 of 42 on extra points.

I'm not sure why Carolina hasn't re-signed him. I assume it's because they are getting their injured kicker back. But it seems like he'd be a good pickup to at least compete with Maher.
I am all for bringing in several kickers to compete for the job instead of handing it to Maher.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
right dont hand him the job but bring him in for a competition, he deserves that, earned it for sure.
I have no idea, I may be way off on this one, but I would assume that with the regular season he had in 2022 someone is going to pay him the going rate on kickers. I doubt this is a 1 year non guaranteed deal, and makes the competition piece a little trickier.

Retro88

Reaction score
I won't judge the FO in this bc this is a tough decision. However, if they bring him back I'll be terrified on first post season attempt. Even more on the following attempt if he misses one.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Would be nice to not have to worry about EP this year. But with Maher 50 yarders we’re like butter. So strange he can’t kick EP the same way he kicks 50 yarders.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Would be nice to not have to worry about EP this year. But with Maher 50 yarders we’re like butter. So strange he can’t kick EP the same way he kicks 50 yarders.
you mean like players in the NBA like Luka can hit 30ft 3s under pressure all net and can barely hit a free throw unguarded? he hit how many Xps in the RS before he struggles like nearly all of them?? people are overreacting to one bad game or small stretch.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Interesting name to keep an eye on. Kickers are not a position group I familiarize myself with however my friend Google is helping me out on this one. Sounds like he doesnt kick off well and slowed his kicking motion down this year to help with his accuracy. A slow kicking motion is an issue, but any ST coach that thinks they can fix his motion and lot lose the accuracy might be in for a low risk/high reward.

Sounds like Chad Ryland from Maryland and Jake Moody from Michigan are the only guys that are likely to be drafted.

I was actually surprised look at past drafts as see how few kickers actually get selected. The last two drafts have only had two kickers get drafted (Evan McPherson and Cade York). I would have thought more teams would put a 7th round selection in on a Kicker or Punter.
Thanks for the information. I was strictly looking at the FG numbers. Maybe he's a guy we can get as a UDFA to compete like the player we picked up last offseason (whom I wanted). With kickers, it's hard to tell how they are going to turn out from one game to the next, much less one season to the next.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I won't judge the FO in this bc this is a tough decision. However, if they bring him back I'll be terrified on first post season attempt. Even more on the following attempt if he misses one.
Same here. I’ll be holding my breath on his kicks that first playoff game for sure. Im just not sure how many better alternatives are out there is all I’m saying.