Kicker Has Gone From Top 3 Need To Top 3 Performer

McMicah

Reaction score
21 FGs and counting….just incredible.

I love how he strikes it. Not a lot of slice or hook, just straight. He’s going to miss one eventually, but he might be an all pro.

Kudos to the Cowboys and Fassel for seeing the pro in him

quickccc

Reaction score
21 FGs and counting….just incredible.

I love how he strikes it. Not a lot of slice or hook, just straight. He’s going to miss one eventually, but he might be an all pro.

Kudos to the Cowboys and Fassel for seeing the pro in him
It's a reason why Bones Fassel is the best special teams coach in the NFL.

We are top notch in several special teams area:
blocked punts (best I've ever seen) ... Turpin punt/kick returns ... punter Bryan Anger ...kick coverage ... and
now Cowboys seem to have discovered a gem find in FG kicker Audrey.

I'm never concerned about Audrey missing a FG. I've automatically expect a FG to be made.
I do like to see how he performs in an expiring last second FG to win games Ultimate Clutch.
Especially come playoff time.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
The fans said he was going to be a bust. It's a good thing they don't listen to the fans.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I guarantee not one single person in here, including you, was comfortable with the kicker situation going into the season
Being comfortable, no. Being willing to believe that if they are saying this is our guy, then the season isn’t automatically over because it’s not a name I recognize, yes

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
But I was told multiple times prior to the season that Jerry was a fool for listening to his coach and not bringing in veteran kicker, and our season would be tragic because of the kicker
After being a fan for 30 years there's two things that I have learned. 1 the team is wrong about half the time. 2 the fans are wrong all the time. There's a reason they don't pay us to run the team.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
It's a reason why Bones Fassel is the best special teams coach in the NFL.

We are top notch in several special teams area:
blocked punts (best I've ever seen) ... Turpin punt/kick returns ... punter Bryan Anger ...kick coverage ... and
now Cowboys seem to have discovered a gem find in FG kicker Audrey.

I'm never concerned about Audrey missing a FG. I've automatically expect a FG to be made.
I do like to see how he performs in an expiring last second FG to win games Ultimate Clutch.
Especially come playoff time.
A hell of a lot better than this ungrateful fan base deserves.

Mactin

Reaction score
I like to think we have another Dan Bailey after a couple of seasons of not having him on the team. Hopefully, the kicker is clutch when the time comes.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
I guarantee not one single person in here, including you, was comfortable with the kicker situation going into the season
You're right no one was comfortable. But some people chose to run their mouths like they knew we were f--ked.