Kicker Has Gone From Top 3 Need To Top 3 Performer

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All the best kickers the Cowboys have had began with the team as rookies, except for Rafael Septien.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
From the tape shown in camp there was no indication that this would be the type of performer he would become.

I'm glad he has done what he has, but it was not unwise to be calling for more kicking competition during camp. I for one and a proponent that no one should ever feel comfortable about their position on the Cowboys. Including Dak, CeeDee and Micah.

If you can't handle competition you don't belong in this league.

glimmerman

Reaction score
A thread about the kicker. He missed one today. But he came back and was right back on track. He never let it get in his head. Ice cold blood in his veins. I like it.. Never shook him…

ghst187

Reaction score
But I was told multiple times prior to the season that Jerry was a fool for listening to his coach and not bringing in veteran kicker, and our season would be tragic because of the kicker
Got lucky on K this year, whiffed on LB, might’ve gotten a bit of luck on RB, blew it so badly last year on WR that it might’ve cost us the playoff loss.
Sometimes the chance taking works out, sometimes it doesn’t. As for K, I think the biggest smart move is our kicking coach/es must be incredible, they’ve turned a lot of chopped liver into a main course.

rambo2

Reaction score
Got lucky on K this year, whiffed on LB, might’ve gotten a bit of luck on RB, blew it so badly last year on WR that it might’ve cost us the playoff loss.
Sometimes the chance taking works out, sometimes it doesn’t. As for K, I think the biggest smart move is our kicking coach/es must be incredible, they’ve turned a lot of chopped liver into a main course.
They made their own luck.

ghst187

Reaction score
They made their own luck.
Nope, you only increase or decrease your odds.
Can never predict some guy stepping up big time or some guy flaming out or getting the yips…
That’s why the condescending post I was replying to was so silly.

rambo2

Reaction score
Nope, you only increase or decrease your odds.
Can never predict some guy stepping up big time or some guy flaming out or getting the yips…
That’s why the condescending post I was replying to was so silly.
They knew he was a good kicker when they signed him.

plymkr

Reaction score
21 FGs and counting….just incredible.

I love how he strikes it. Not a lot of slice or hook, just straight. He’s going to miss one eventually, but he might be an all pro.

Kudos to the Cowboys and Fassel for seeing the pro in him
Great pick up. I remember training camp and all of us hang wringing over the kicker situation. Now we got an all star in the making.

I still have have PTSD from Maher losing his confidence in the playoffs. Maher caused anxiety and Aubry and the antidepressant.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I just hope a missed extra point isn't the difference in a big game down the road. :popcorn: