Kicker Has Gone From Top 3 Need To Top 3 Performer

McMicah

Reaction score
Interesting that both of his missed extra points came on quick unexpected scores.
To me that’s good. That stuff is just experience. And his missed xp today was barely off. I really love how he strikes it

McMicah

Reaction score
What’s crazy to me is that this no name kid has started his career off better than anyone by a large margin. He’s almost halfway to Nick Folks all-time streak of 57 straight FGs, which I don’t expect him to make, but that’s incredible for a new guy

offlimits

Reaction score
21 FGs and counting….just incredible.

I love how he strikes it. Not a lot of slice or hook, just straight. He’s going to miss one eventually, but he might be an all pro.

Kudos to the Cowboys and Fassel for seeing the pro in him
Not crazy about him missing that extra point today. He should be able to do that with his eyes closed.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Nope, you only increase or decrease your odds.
Can never predict some guy stepping up big time or some guy flaming out or getting the yips…
That’s why the condescending post I was replying to was so silly.
Lol, this is just silly. But I get it, according to you scouting and coaching is all about hoping lady luck works in your favor.

Proof

Reaction score
I'll never forget all those "our season is doomed" and "he will cost us games" threads and posts because the Cowboys wouldn't bring in a vet during the off season.
i mean it's conventional wisdom and we've suffered multiple times as a result. glad it worked out though

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
brett maher is the reason they didn't have our trust lol.
LOL Naw you can't say that man because Brett was money all the way until the playoffs came. I wouldn't have had an issue with them bringing him back. Honestly I didn't even understand why they didn't bring him back. One or two bad games seemed like an overreaction. But I questioned maybe they knew something we didn't. Seems they did. He's cooked it looks like.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
21 FGs and counting….just incredible.

I love how he strikes it. Not a lot of slice or hook, just straight. He’s going to miss one eventually, but he might be an all pro.

Kudos to the Cowboys and Fassel for seeing the pro in him
It's weird that he's missed a couple of extra points but been perfect on field goals. May be a concentration thing. I know on the first one (his first ever NFL kick), he overkicked it. Not sure on this last one, but he also doinked one off the upright that went in last week.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s been great! I did not expect it and was very concerned about the kicker position hurting the team. Will be fun to see this board when he does miss a couple FGs.

Jerry, Fassel or Will or whoever is behind this deserves credit.

rambo2

Reaction score
He wasn’t a kicker, he was a soccer player they made a good call and got a bit lucky he made the transition so smoothly and has been good.
He certainly was a kicker when they signed him. He was kicking in another league.