Kicker is killing us

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Cowboys brought in three kickers to try out and didn’t sign any of them. You need to come to grips with the fact there’s no consistent kickers sitting on the street. They’re unemployed for a reason. The kicker some on the board wanted us to pick up missed an extra point for the Pats last night. You can’t just change to make a change or you’ll end up with the same problem with a kicker who has less leg. Kickers are streaky maybe Maher will come around. We’re just going to have to ride out the rest of the season with him and bring in some kickers to compete during the offseason. We could possibly use a late round pick on a kicker.
Riding it out going on two years is why we're not winning close games.
Less leg?
Maher is 50% at 50 yards or more. I guess you can be excited, but I'm not.
1-4 from 40-50.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Calling it now cause our staff is always behind and finds ways to lose. Gonna cut Maher sign the guy whos money from inside 50 then our season will come down to a 55 yarder that will come up 2 yards short of the goal post.
Maher is 4-4 in 50+, so I'm not willing to bet he'd be the saving grace.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Riding it out going on two years is why we're not winning close games.
Less leg?
Maher is 50% at 50 yards or more. I guess you can be excited, but I'm not.
1-4 from 40-50.

The kicker isn’t the reason we’re not winning close games. If you want to keep going feel free but I’m done. I’ve already made my point. If you think the Cowboys are 6-6 because of their kicker then dream on.

DFWJC

Reaction score
League leading 9 misses
Maher has been bad at time for sure.

However......, FGs MADE is the more important number.

Misses can easily be related to trying more attempts

Can't miss them if you never try them.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I platinum guarantee that Maher will miss another kick against Chicago.

Him and Chris Jones HAVE GOT to go this offseason.

CWR

Reaction score
This guy has left like 27 pts out there on us this year 67% kicker . Jets, GreenBay , Vikes , Pats, Bills some very close games where some good kicks could have made a difference .

This guy has been a huge let down and is costing us . As bad as Garrett needs to go this guy needs to be ahead of him . I said early on he would cost us but didnt figure it would be this bad .

Bailey kicked better injured

Before injury Bailey was 32of 34 from 30yrds to 49yrds This guy is 19 out of 30 thats a lot of missed kicks at normal range in a 2 year span .

If Jerrys magical dream is to come true he needs a kicker pronto . You dont go into the playoffs with a guy this in consistent and expect to not need a crucial kick somewhere along the line.
I dont care if on the second Sunday before the full moon he can kick a 70 yrder we need consistency between 30 and 50 that he dosent come close to having if any playoff success is expected

Ive said this over and over. The course of these games would likely have been drastically different if our scrub kicker could hit from 30-45 ish.

Also the special teams killing us on field position has been a factor in both stalled drives and defensive stops (maybe the D has been disgusting.)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This guy has left like 27 pts out there on us this year 67% kicker . Jets, GreenBay , Vikes , Pats, Bills some very close games where some good kicks could have made a difference .

This guy has been a huge let down and is costing us . As bad as Garrett needs to go this guy needs to be ahead of him . I said early on he would cost us but didnt figure it would be this bad .

Bailey kicked better injured

Before injury Bailey was 32of 34 from 30yrds to 49yrds This guy is 19 out of 30 thats a lot of missed kicks at normal range in a 2 year span .

If Jerrys magical dream is to come true he needs a kicker pronto . You dont go into the playoffs with a guy this in consistent and expect to not need a crucial kick somewhere along the line.
I dont care if on the second Sunday before the full moon he can kick a 70 yrder we need consistency between 30 and 50 that he dosent come close to having if any playoff success is expected
Totally agree, bro. This kicker has greatly contributed to at least 4 out of our Boys 6 losses. Sucks that there aren't any more accurate kicker out there to pick up. Maher is going to cost us once again if our Boys make the playoffs.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Gotta keep the kicker, Bro. He kicks 60 yard FGs. ;)

The strategy is simple. Fail on 4th down and take about three or four delay of game penalties so Maher can make a 60 yarder.

Anything closer and he'll miss.;)

TheHerd

Reaction score
Some of the responses on here are one of my peeves in this forum. Yes, kicking isn't our only, or even or #1, problem. But it is A problem. Fix'em as your find'em.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Maher is kind of like Garrett.....when it becomes clear he needs to be gone, he will hit a couple of 60 yarders....just enough to save his butt to stay around longer to screw normal things up even more
Yep 2 of a kind

Blackrain

Reaction score
Some of the responses on here are one of my peeves in this forum. Yes, kicking isn't our only, or even or #1, problem. But it is A problem. Fix'em as your find'em.
Yep it just seems like a problem that the addition of one guy will fix or make better . With Jerrys money and influence someone should be searching the 5 continents to find a guy that can consistently kick it through the uprights at normal ranges so this dosent bite us in the playoffs .
Seems like one of our easier problems to fix that directly influences the score