Kingsbury to OU?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Report out linking Az Cardinals coach possibly Norman bound. Interesting. That QB they have slinging it around running around Caleb Williams is quite a player. Out of the DC high school system believe he’s a true freshmen lots of eligibility left. This job is one of the cream donuts in the box top shelf program .

Maybe Kingsbury wants to go back to college football .

ghst187

Reaction score
Report out linking Az Cardinals coach possibly Norman bound. Interesting. That QB they have slinging it around running around Caleb Williams is quite a player. Out of the DC high school system believe he’s a true freshmen lots of eligibility left. This job is one of the cream donuts in the box top shelf program .

cant imagine this…he’s doing quite well right now. If this were Urban Meyer it would make more sense to me pulling a Nick Saban after finding out the pros aren’t a good fit

cowboyec

Reaction score
the buzz here in okc is georgia dc dan lanning.
also iowa st hc matt campbell.
my guess is sunday or monday we'll know.
i'm rooting for it to be matt campbell.
lanning tho fits joe c's model of hiring young coordinators.

RonWashington

Reaction score
the buzz here in okc is georgia dc dan lanning.
also iowa st hc matt campbell.
my guess is sunday or monday we'll know.
i'm rooting for it to be matt campbell.
lanning tho fits joe c's model of hiring young coordinators.

The Lions wanted Matt Campbell ended up with Dan . Matt Campbell in Norman would make sense.

cowboyec

Reaction score
looks like venables as hc and wants ole miss jeff lebby to be his oc.
i could get behind that combo.

coogrfan

Reaction score

Sure he does.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cant imagine this…he’s doing quite well right now. If this were Urban Meyer it would make more sense to me pulling a Nick Saban after finding out the pros aren’t a good fit

I think Urban went to the pros b/c he's only got one boss instead of dozens. Plus, he can delegate just about everything and manage without worrying about the decision of a 17 year old. I think he's in the NFL b/c its less stressful. I doubt he would return to college particularly with the laxity of the transfer rules. College coaches at elite programs now have to make everyone happy or they just transfer.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Venables is a smart hire, the anti Riley coach and should be able to recruit some good D talent. Good move heading into the SEC.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Venables is a smart hire, the anti Riley coach and should be able to recruit some good D talent. Good move heading into the SEC.

Venables has had numerous opportunities over the years. There is no evidence he has the ambition to be a head coach.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Urban went to the pros b/c he's only got one boss instead of dozens. Plus, he can delegate just about everything and manage without worrying about the decision of a 17 year old. I think he's in the NFL b/c its less stressful. I doubt he would return to college particularly with the laxity of the transfer rules. College coaches at elite programs now have to make everyone happy or they just transfer.
Definitely a different game now because those 5 stars at Bama have been OK waiting until their senior year to start and go in the 1st round. Now they can do that earlier and get the money early.

I still don't think Meyer will make it in JAX, I don't think he has the emotional make up and IND and TEN have better coaches so he is punching up a lot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Venables has had numerous opportunities over the years. There is no evidence he has the ambition to be a head coach.
He's been the highest paid DC in the game but maybe he sees the end of that run at Clemson and it's time to play in a new situation? And OU is not just any coaching opportunity.

I still think bringing Stoops back to transition into the SEC is the best move for OU.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's been the highest paid DC in the game but maybe he sees the end of that run at Clemson and it's time to play in a new situation? And OU is not just any coaching opportunity.

I still think bringing Stoops back to transition into the SEC is the best move for OU.

LOL. Well, I got this wrong. Venables was just hired. Good call coach.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I seem to recall that OU fans weren't high on Venables in his final seasons as co-DC. They seemed to be done with him and Mike Stoops at that time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seem to recall that OU fans weren't high on Venables in his final seasons as co-DC. They seemed to be done with him and Mike Stoops at that time.

Yep, and their recruiting class is falling apart. They just lost a 5 star DT to A&M. If Venables can't even keep the defensive recruits on board, its gonna be a rebuild. Not a great thing for a team headed to the SEC West. lol