Kiper 1/24 updates (request)

rb1126

Reaction score
15. Kansas City Chiefs: Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami...

I will pissed if we pass on this guy... We need a shut down corner rather than a DE in my thoughts...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Maybe because the WR may not be all that sure-fire or dominant. ;)

He dominated in his first two seasons at USC and helped win a co-National Championship. :cool:

VoR

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Workout warrior=bust. When was the last time we picked the fastest receiver in the draft? Alexander Wright?

Huh???

Mike Williams insn't the fastest receiver in the draft. He never has ever been said to have alot of speed. He runs in the 4.5-4.6 range and is more of a Michael Irvin or Keyshawn Johnson type. I read dominant receiver, where did you see fastest?

Troy Williamson is supposed to be the speed guy, and yes probably another Alexander Wright type -alot of speed and not much in the hands department.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Well, Parcells knows we need weapons on D too, but any pick would be wasted as long as we have a clown like zimmy as our DC...
A great pass rusher would be put back in a passive zone...

We do need more hunters that can go & "kill" the likes of McChunky, Manning, & the Culppers of the NFL these days...

Getting rid of zimmy would be like an instant #1 pick impact player(s) on D!

Another garbage post wasted on trying to get your overstated opinion of Mike Zimmer out in the open. You keep bringing the Zimmer posts when the thread is totally about something else and I will keep calling you on them. :anvil:

jimmy40

Reaction score
VoR said:
Huh???

Mike Williams insn't the fastest receiver in the draft. He never has ever been said to have alot of speed. He runs in the 4.5-4.6 range and is more of a Michael Irvin or Keyshawn Johnson type. I read dominant receiver, where did you see fastest?

Troy Williamson is supposed to be the speed guy, and yes probably another Alexander Wright type -alot of speed and not much in the hands department.
Huh?? I was talking about Williamson. Damn. Did you notice the sig line?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
VoR said:
Huh???

Troy has always had good hands. I don't remember him making a lot of drops and he gets great separation, is physical, and besides being big can go up for the ball. I know he led the SEC late in the year and SC doesn't have a QB for *. I would rather have Troy than Edwards. I don't see him leaping over Williams unless he does so at the combine. He is a very legit first rounder. Where he falls is a guess though. And I'm not saying he's a sure fire All Pro. He just fits the bill as a low risk mid first round pick right now.

jimmy40

Reaction score
jobberone said:
Troy has always had good hands. I don't remember him making a lot of drops and he gets great separation, is physical, and besides being big can go up for the ball. I know he led the SEC late in the year and SC doesn't have a QB for *. I would rather have Troy than Edwards. I don't see him leaping over Williams unless he does so at the combine. He is a very legit first rounder. Where he falls is a guess though. And I'm not saying he's a sure fire All Pro. He just fits the bill as a low risk mid first round pick right now.
I'll certainly agree with you on SC's QB. Who knows? The kid could turn out to be great. Kiper lost me with Dan Cody at #7.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Parcells is all about production in college. Take DJ

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fletch said:
Another garbage post wasted on trying to get your overstated opinion of Mike Zimmer out in the open. You keep bringing the Zimmer posts when the thread is totally about something else and I will keep calling you on them. :anvil:

Good for you.

I got sick of beating him up about it.

You would think after a while someone would get a clue and let the whole thing drop with Zimmer. Obviously he (Zimmer) isn't going anywhere.

nathanlt

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I'll certainly agree with you on SC's QB. Who knows? The kid could turn out to be great. Kiper lost me with Dan Cody at #7.

Yeah, well get this. Cody is his #7 in the mock draft. Cody is (or was at one point) #3 overall !!! Kiper is out to lunch this year!!!

Reaction score
That ok fletcher & Mikey,...I will keep reminding you of what real needs are for the TEAM...

zimmy is the worst DC in the NFL...

We won't win with a clueless fool like him as our DC, is that clear?

Until then, go ahead & bash vinny or something u think you might know something about... :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Fletch said:
He dominated in his first two seasons at USC and helped win a co-National Championship. :cool:
So did alot of other Trojans we'll pass on draft day except they weren't CO.

Williams has some serious issues with character and size/speed. He may be too big and he may be too slow to play WR. He's more Jeremy Shockey than Jerry Rice.

He should be a good pro but there's no guarantee he's ever a great pro.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
jobberone said:
My guess is Williamson goes BEFORE Mike Williams much to the chagrin of the sportscenter crowd. Williamson is a serious speed WR and Williams doesn't come across all that well in interviews or on the track. MW had a late 1st round grade last year and he will again this year when all is said and done IMHO.

MW should be a consideration at 20 but not 11.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
That ok fletcher & Mikey,...I will keep reminding you of what real needs are for the TEAM...

zimmy is the worst DC in the NFL...

We won't win with a clueless fool like him as our DC, is that clear?

Until then, go ahead & bash vinny or something u think you might know something about... :D

You hitting the yay too?

You explain to me how any DC is going to be able to produce with half an dline that is undersized across the board, average LBers, the worst SS (RW was playing FS) in the league and a bunch of scrubs at one corner.

You cannot.

I guess Zimm just lucked into several top 5 defenses.

The GROZ movement is stupid.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I guess the biggest complaint I have about this mock draft is regardless of what you think of DJ, he's obviously the better LB for a defense that doesn't know yet whether it's 4-3 or 3-4. The writers need to wait until free agency concludes and see what the Cowboys have on their front 7 until making wild guesses about hybrid linebackers who would work great in a 3-4 defense. I know it's not the popular choice but I'm really not big on receivers nowadays. There are so many rules going in their favor, I think the same rule that applies for corners, also goes with receivers now -- that being you're probably wasting your draft pick in the first round on that position. The Pats prove that you don't need a playmaker at WR. As long as they can recover from injuries, I think Key, Glenn and Morgan along with Witten will be just fine for another year. The only reason I would grab Williams is because he drops so far after that year of inactivity that he is now too good of a bargain to miss out on.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I guess the biggest complaint I have about this mock draft is regardless of what you think of DJ, he's obviously the better LB for a defense that doesn't know yet whether it's 4-3 or 3-4. The writers need to wait until free agency concludes and see what the Cowboys have on their front 7 until making wild guesses about hybrid linebackers who would work great in a 3-4 defense. I know it's not the popular choice but I'm really not big on receivers nowadays. There are so many rules going in their favor, I think the same rule that applies for corners, also goes with receivers now -- that being you're probably wasting your draft pick in the first round on that position. The Pats prove that you don't need a playmaker at WR. As long as they can recover from injuries, I think Key, Glenn and Morgan along with Witten will be just fine for another year. The only reason I would grab Williams is because he drops so far after that year of inactivity that he is now too good of a bargain to miss out on.

I am not at all sure we have any doubt we are going to the 3-4. BP wants to and he has the ammo. Merriman would be a big part of that. DJ is not a 3-4 backer. He is a bit light to play OLB in a 3-4.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Screw Mike Williams, he has us passing on DJ :banghead:
My thoughts exactly. Unless dj ain't available. Than I want mike williams.