CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He reminds me of Phil Costa.

giphy.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i

24. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin*

HT: 6-foot-3 | WT: 321 | Previously: 24

I wrote about Biadasz's rise in November, after he helped blow up the Iowa defense to the tune of 300 rushing yards. He has proved to be the clear top center in this class and a potential top-20 pick in April. The fourth-year junior moves extremely well -- he can pull to get to the edge with ease -- and anchors well in pass protection. I really like watching the Wisconsin offense on tape.

i

Tyler Biadasz, C

So how can my top-ranked center be considered a first-round sleeper? Because there is usually just one center in Round 1 each year, and he's usually picked in the back half. Teams don't always have a need there.

Biadasz is the real deal, though -- a 6-foot-3, 321-pound fourth-year junior who has started 31 straight games for the Badgers. He's a good athlete who is already advanced technically. He can pull and use his athleticism to get on the edge and plow defenders ahead of running back Jonathan Taylor, who last week made his Big Board debut. Biadasz had hip surgery after last season, but he has shown no ill effects. He's a really solid interior lineman. -- Kiper

i

Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

I put Biadasz in my list of first-round sleepers last month, but his play since has shown that he's the clear top center in this class and a potential top-20 pick in April, if he enters the draft. The fourth-year junior is an integral part of an excellent Badgers running game, which just put up 300 yards on Iowa. He moves extremely well for his 6-3, 321-pound size -- he can pull to get to the edge with ease -- and he anchors well in pass protection. Biadasz, who has started 36 games, has gotten better each season. -- Kiper

So the big question is...……...what happened? Why did he drop down to #4 and into the 3rd or 4th round in Kipers projections by the end of the year?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Like I said....Kid was rated as a 1st rounder. Played thru injuries last season and dropped. Very happy it happened that way though as we got the best center in the draft in the 4th round. Im STILL giddy and giggling about that one! LOL

But he was NOT the top rated center in this draft. You are talking about a rating that was BEFORE his final year happened. He fell to the 3rd or 4th center after his last year of play.

I was specifically looking at centers and Ruiz and Cushenberry were clearly the top 2 guys. Then there was Biadasz and Hennessey up for grabs for 3 and 4. Biadasz was rated anywhere from the 3rd to 5th round pick.

So the big question is...…….………….why did he fall that far. Was it the injury?

Hayseed

Reaction score
So the big question is...……...what happened? Why did he drop down to #4 and into the 3rd or 4th round in Kipers projections by the end of the year?

He played dinged up a good part of the year. Just from my prospective, as an average Badger fan it looked like this to me.......His first two years starting he was pretty dominant, an ascending player. Then last year he was dinged and still played very good IMO, but wasnt quite himself due to being dinged up. Simple as that....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
History says probably 2 will be.....but based on all reports it does seem like at least 4 of them should be starters in the near future. Maybe 5 if you count Robinson.

Isnt it ironic how all of a sudden, everyone is forgetting about the great Joe Looney? LOL

Two days ago he was our guy and the line would be fine with Looney. You don't even hear his name anymore after a 4th round pick center is drafted.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He played dinged up a good part of the year. Just from my prospective, as an average Badger fan it looked like this to me.......His first two years starting he was pretty dominant, an ascending player. Then last year he was dinged and still played very good IMO, but wasnt quite himself due to being dinged up. Simple as that....

Yah in watching film his lower body seemed slow and weakfish. Heavy feet. Looks like he depends heavily on his upper body. We shall see.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Biadasz is a very good pass blocker. But heres the thing...... UW is a power running team with most of its yardage coming between the tackles. To the tune of of 2000 yards rushing for Jonathon Taylor himself last year. And he year before...LOL Ease your minds.....by the time the season rolls around this worry some have about Biadasz will be a thing of the past. Wait and see.......

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was the riggers of a season. It's not that the play, effort or technique dipped. It was the power in his base and then when he checked out at the combine it came up. Something that needs time and attention but this guy has experience at a high level and command of an o-line no doubt. He gets that base power back to 100 percent and he is a mauler who gets to the 2nd level.

You're not going to see him great on pulls and sweeps but getting to the next level he just takes one guy and then goes to the next on running plays. He's a big boy and if his hip improves he won't get overpowered by guys like Fletcher Cox.

We'll see what he's got in training camp power wise going up against Poe and McCoy.

Norm Hitzges said on The Ticket about 20 minutes after they drafted him. He did not go to. the combine because he was recovering from shoulder surgery. His hips were fine at that point. So his draft stock dipped from that. His shoulder is supposedly fine now as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Isnt it ironic how all of a sudden, everyone is forgetting about the great Joe Looney? LOL

Two days ago he was our guy and the line would be fine with Looney. You don't even hear his name anymore after a 4th round pick center is drafted.
Man.....let's be honest.....a lot of this hype around Biadiz because they can call him "Badass" and he's from Wisconsin. Great pick but people need to hold their horses on him. He is raw. Work him in slow don't force anything.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Man.....let's be honest.....a lot of this hype around Biadiz because they can call him "Badass" and he's from Wisconsin. Great pick but people need to hold their horses on him. He is raw. Work him in slow don't force anything.

He is probably better than Looney, that is for sure. But I doubt he has the potential to come close to Frederick. Now if McGovern can win the job over Williams then possibly we can continue with the great Oline.

Biadasz simply increases the odds that between McGovern, Williams, Biadasz we will fine at least one or two very good players there. Williams I just don't believe anymore can be a great player.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Biadasz is a very good pass blocker. But heres the thing...... UW is a power running team with most of its yardage coming between the tackles. To the tune of of 2000 yards rushing for Jonathon Taylor himself last year. And he year before...LOL Ease your minds.....by the time the season rolls around this worry some have about Biadasz will be a thing of the past. Wait and see.......

I have read that pass blocking is a weakness. Also when I watch on tape, I can see why. He lunges and leans forward a lot and if he does that against the big boys in the middle they are just going to toss him aside. He also does NOT seem nimble with his feet from the film I watched. Which could cause issues in pass blocking moving around to support.

But its nice to hear your enthusiasm.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Like I said....Kid was rated as a 1st rounder. Played thru injuries last season and dropped. Very happy it happened that way though as we got the best center in the draft in the 4th round. Im STILL giddy and giggling about that one! LOL
So you wouldn't trade him for Ruiz?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is probably better than Looney, that is for sure. But I doubt he has the potential to come close to Frederick. Now if McGovern can win the job over Williams then possibly we can continue with the great Oline.

Biadasz simply increases the odds that between McGovern, Williams, Biadasz we will fine at least one or two very good players there. Williams I just don't believe anymore can be a great player.

I think Williams has a chance if they move him back to tackle. But if I had to guess, I think they insist on keeping him at guard, a role he's not built for.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I'm excited to see what new coaching can do for Williams. I think strength and conditioning was more of his issue.

Techsass

Reaction score
It is good to be very optimistic and hopeful but it is too early to have a clear idea how this draft will unfold.
The thing is everybody who follows college seems happy with every single pick. When was the last time that happened?