Kiper had Biadasz a first rounder early in the season

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think our future OL will be Smith - McGovern - Biadasz - Martin - Collins. Eventually we’ll need to replace Smith, but I don’t think Connor Williams will become a starting caliber OL in this league.

Hayseed

Reaction score
O.K guys....Lemme just say this without sounding like a total jackazz,....LOL I remember people freaking right out when we drafted Frederick. Some even saying it was a waste of a pick. I also remember some guy who looks a whole lot like an old Hayseed telling everyone how happy they are going to be with the pick once the season starts. :D Im not an expert on anything, believe me,... cept maybe hangin out in tiki bars and sucking down gin and tonics! But I will say this..... nobody in this room has his ear to the ground when it comes to ALL THINGS BADGER like I do. You will love this pick too. We just drafted a future probowler in round FOUR!!! Let the games begin....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He had both hip and shoulder surgery

I love a great Center as much as anyone. It’s a position that people just go crazy about and talk about coach on the field, bring your lunch pail, etc etc

I get that and I really really want this guy to succeed but going so late pretty much means that a number of teams had major concerns about the injuries. You don’t go from the first to the fourth unless there are legit issues

Now, either the Cowboys have some inside info that other teams didn’t or they just have a particularly high risk tolerance for this guy based on his intangibles and pre-injury production

I think we are just willing to take the big risk.

I’m ok with it due to the upside

Part of the problem is evaluating injured players. How much of the drop-off in performance is due to injruy? I don't think anyone can say. This is often a reason players exceed their draft status: Injury caused them to drop because it affected on-field performance.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
When I saw Badass still there in the 4th I wanted either him or Eason and then we got Robinson which was a solid pick. Then I see a trade and we selected him and I was just ecstatic.

Badass was not 100 percent last season due to that hip surgery and that is where Kiper was wrong later on. As the season carried on it played on his hip but some rest and a good offseason should help him regain that power in his base he originally had. That is why he dropped to the 4th.

Otherwise he was the captain on that line for 3 years and touted as the heart and soul of Wisconsin's offense and Mel was originally right.
awesome nickname, gonna steal it

and Im also thinking about calling Lamb "Gyro"

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know about Biniducci.....all the other picks do have a shot at making the roster.
I suspect he is kept on roster though
They used a pick so they didn’t have to compete with other teams for him as a UDFA
He should get lots of camp reps and if he can pick up the system he could beat out rush
Assuming we have a full camp
We need a full camp and we should get an extra week with a new HC
These players need to show up ready this year
Gonna be lots of teaching in this camp for even the vets

chicago JK

Reaction score
I wouldn’t take Kiper’s last years rankings too seriously. Not just Kiper’s but these year off rankings are never accurate. There are not many centers who go in the first round. Let’s say Tyler maybe was a third round pick with starter ability that we got at the end of the fourth. If we can find an above average starter in the mid rounds that can match our preferred style of play, than this is an excellent get.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It’s crazy to think that 5 of these draft picks will probably be starters eventually.

While we all think this was a fantastic draft, the actual historical odds of any player drafted making the team is 50%, I think I read.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
i

24. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin*

HT: 6-foot-3 | WT: 321 | Previously: 24

I wrote about Biadasz's rise in November, after he helped blow up the Iowa defense to the tune of 300 rushing yards. He has proved to be the clear top center in this class and a potential top-20 pick in April. The fourth-year junior moves extremely well -- he can pull to get to the edge with ease -- and anchors well in pass protection. I really like watching the Wisconsin offense on tape.

i

Tyler Biadasz, C

So how can my top-ranked center be considered a first-round sleeper? Because there is usually just one center in Round 1 each year, and he's usually picked in the back half. Teams don't always have a need there.

Biadasz is the real deal, though -- a 6-foot-3, 321-pound fourth-year junior who has started 31 straight games for the Badgers. He's a good athlete who is already advanced technically. He can pull and use his athleticism to get on the edge and plow defenders ahead of running back Jonathan Taylor, who last week made his Big Board debut. Biadasz had hip surgery after last season, but he has shown no ill effects. He's a really solid interior lineman. -- Kiper

i

Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

I put Biadasz in my list of first-round sleepers last month, but his play since has shown that he's the clear top center in this class and a potential top-20 pick in April, if he enters the draft. The fourth-year junior is an integral part of an excellent Badgers running game, which just put up 300 yards on Iowa. He moves extremely well for his 6-3, 321-pound size -- he can pull to get to the edge with ease -- and he anchors well in pass protection. Biadasz, who has started 36 games, has gotten better each season. -- Kiper
I think he dropped because of injury concerns. They couldnt clear it up so the red flag stayed with nfl teams IMO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I suspect he is kept on roster though
They used a pick so they didn’t have to compete with other teams for him as a UDFA
He should get lots of camp reps and if he can pick up the system he could beat out rush
Assuming we have a full camp
We need a full camp and we should get an extra week with a new HC
These players need to show up ready this year
Gonna be lots of teaching in this camp for even the vets
Gonna be tough to fit him in if they keep Rush though. He very well could be on this team and cut for Rush. Seems like he has McCarthy's eye. But they aren't keeping 3 quarterbacks for sure.

conner01

Reaction score
Gonna be tough to fit him in if they keep Rush though. He very well could be on this team and cut for Rush. Seems like he has McCarthy's eye. But they aren't keeping 3 quarterbacks for sure.
I wouldn’t expect 3 either
If he looks the part in camp I’d just move on from rush
I’m not really confident rush gives you a chance of winning a few games if he’s needed
If the kid shows much at all I’d go with him
And I’d use him a ton in pre season
Assuming we have a full pre season

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn’t expect 3 either
If he looks the part in camp I’d just move on from rush
I’m not really confident rush gives you a chance of winning a few games if he’s needed
If the kid shows much at all I’d go with him
And I’d use him a ton in pre season
Assuming we have a full pre season
I don't know what to expect from Rush because they never put him in. In blowouts they don't. In preseason.....they rarely put him out there with the #1's it seems. I just have to assume he can't play since they never play him yet they felt the need to look at other peoples practice squads as well as spend a 5th on Mike White.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't know what to expect from Rush because they never put him in. In blowouts they don't. In preseason.....they rarely put him out there with the #1's it seems. I just have to assume he can't play since they never play him yet they felt the need to look at other peoples practice squads as well as spend a 5th on Mike White.
His first year I was impressed with his pre season play
Last year I really didn’t think he had grown as a player
But you are right about never getting in a game
But barring injury he’d just be handing off mostly in a blowout
We’ve been lucky that Dak has stayed healthy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His first year I was impressed with his pre season play
Last year I really didn’t think he had grown as a player
But you are right about never getting in a game
But barring injury he’d just be handing off mostly in a blowout
We’ve been lucky that Dak has stayed healthy
Yeah I did like him his rookie year. Last time I actually did like his play.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Part of the problem is evaluating injured players. How much of the drop-off in performance is due to injruy? I don't think anyone can say. This is often a reason players exceed their draft status: Injury caused them to drop because it affected on-field performance.
Hip injuries are tricky, as it take some time to fully regain full range of motion and flexibility.

Hopefully, he's past that now and will be ready to come by the start of the season. I wouldn't even be opposed to easing him into the position and let him compete for the starting spot as the season progresses.

It'd be great if he ended up being the starter by mid-season. Like the player, and like pick.

Ken

Reaction score
He played dinged up a good part of the year. Just from my prospective, as an average Badger fan it looked like this to me.......His first two years starting he was pretty dominant, an ascending player. Then last year he was dinged and still played very good IMO, but wasnt quite himself due to being dinged up. Simple as that....
I watched his highlight film and Ruiz's. I like Tyler's fit for us so much. Ruiz honeslly wasn't very impressive to me. Probably better in Pass Pro but definitely not in the run game.