Kiper Mock 3.0 3/19/24

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If the 1st round occurred today this is exactly how it would unfold.

-

1. Chicago Bears (Carolina) - Caleb Williams QB USC
2. Washington Maroonskins - Jayden Daniels QB LSU
3. New England Patriots - Drake Maye QB North Carolina
4. Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr. WR Ohio St.
5. Los Angeles Chargers - Malik Nabers WR LSU
6. New York Giants - Rome Odunze WR Washington
7. Tennessee Titans - Joe Alt T Notre Dame
8. Atlanta Falcons - Dallas Turner OLB Alabama
9. Chicago Bears - Jared Verse DE Florida St.
10. New York Jets - Brock Bowers TE Georgia
11. Minnesota Vikings - J.J. McCarthy QB Michigan
12. Denver Broncos - Bo Nix QB Oregon
13. Las Vegas Raiders - JC Latham T Alabama
14. New Orleans Saints - Olu Fashanu T Penn St.
15. Indianapolis Colts - Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo
16. Seattle Seahawks - Troy Fautanu G Washington
17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Terrion Arnold CB Alabama
18. Cincinnati Bengals - Taliese Fuaga T Oregon St.
19. Los Angeles Rams - Byron Murphy II DT Texas
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Brian Thomas Jr. WR LSU
21. Miami Dolphins- Graham Barton C/G Duke
22. Philadelphia Eagles - Nate Wiggins CB Clemson
23. Minnesota Vikings (Clev thru Hou) - Cooper DeJean CB Iowa

24. Dallas Cowboys - Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma
How will the Cowboys replace long-time left tackle Tyron Smith, who just signed with the Jets? Based on their lack of moves over the past 10 days, they might be thinking this pick is their best bet. And looking at my rankings, they're probably right. Guyton, Amarius Mims (Georgia), Jordan Morgan (Arizona) and Roger Rosengarten (Washington) could all be in play in the final 10 picks of Round 1. Of those four, only Morgan played the majority of his snaps at left tackle, but I think Guyton has the highest ceiling. He started just 14 games in college; he has outstanding physical tools to mold.

Dallas also has a hole to fill at center, as Tyler Biadasz left in free agency. Jackson Powers-Johnson (Oregon) could be in play.

25. Green Bay Packers - Laiatu Latu OLB UCLA
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Xavier Worthy WR Texas
27. Arizona Cardinals (Houston) - Chop Robinson OLB Penn St.
28. Buffalo Bills - T.J. Tampa CB Iowa St.
29. Detroit Lions - Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
30. Baltimore Ravens - Amarius Mims T Georgia
31. San Francisco 49ers - Roger Rosengarten T Washington
32. Kansas City Chiefs - Adonai Mitchell WR Texas

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what Lance Zierlein has to say about Kiper's new 1st round projection Roger Rosengarten.

3200524f-5341-2039-323f-5c4952f61ce3

Two-year starter with long legs, a physical demeanor and a limited athletic profile. Rosengarten is smart and uses all the tricks in his bag to make up for his lack of fluidity. His ability to help protect his quarterback in five-man protections helped to bring the Huskies the Joe Moore Award (given to the top offensive line in college football), but he might be too slow-footed to stay in front of NFL rushers. He's below average as a bender and still needs to work on his hand placement, but a move inside to guard could give him a better shot at making a roster as a mauler on a physical front.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Mimms has the most upside of the OTs but with so few starts and some injuries you have to worry a tad.

Interesting that he did not have JPJ going in the first but did say this...

Dallas also has a hole to fill at center, as Tyler Biadasz left in free agency. Jackson Powers-Johnson (Oregon) could be in play.

Carson

Reaction score
I think Mimms has the most upside of the OTs but with so few starts and some injuries you have to worry a tad.

I just don’t lIke Mims or Guyton like the media does.

I feel our best way to secure line is move Smith to LT, start Bass and draft JPJ/Barton.

Nothing is a sure thing in the NFL. But we cannot afford to move tackle from RT to LT and they flop

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Just me, but I think they only take JPJ if all other top Tackles are off the board. Similar to what happened when they drafted Fredbeard. They prefer OLine flex players