Kiper's 'A' Draft for Cowboys

Woods

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys

Top needs: DE, DT, S, G, WR

Round 1 (16) DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
Round 2 (47) G Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA
Round 3 (78) DT Will Sutton, Arizona St.

Analysis: I don't think Dallas can do enough to upgrade along the defensive line. Donald getting past the Bears at No. 14 is a surprise, and I draft him here with the belief that he can come in and start right away. He was the most disruptive defensive player in college football last year. Brent Urban is a tempting player at No. 47, but Su'a-Filo, who can start as a rookie at guard, a position of need, is the pick. In Round 3, I'm going back to the defensive line. Before his senior season, I wouldn't have thought Sutton could fall this far, but he didn't look as explosive in 2013 and lost some ground. Given that the anchor of the interior defensive line is Henry Melton, who's coming off knee injury rehab, adding depth and upside has to be a priority.

It's good. But I think I'd replace Sutton with a LB in the 3rd and try and take Reid at DT in the 4th (hopefully).

XxTDxX

Reaction score
I don't think Donald makes it to 16 at this point nor do I think Su'a-Filo will be there at 47. Also Sutton projects as a 3tech as well I really don't see the Cowboys drafting Donald in the 1st and Sutton in the 3rd.. I think it will probably be one or the other especially considering they just signed Melton.. Using all those resources on 3 guys when only 1 can be on the field at a time for most of the game seems unlikely.

Gaede

Reaction score
That is almost ideal. But with Sutton (whom I really like), we'd have three 3T on the roster.

Ideally, we would get a pass rusher at DE somewhere in the first 3 rounds in addition to Donald.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It's good. But I think I'd replace Sutton with a LB in the 3rd and try and take Reid at DT in the 4th (hopefully).

They need a DE there in the worst way. I don't know if there was much available though.

visionary

Reaction score
No, we have no one at DE, esp WDE

give me:

1. Donald, DT
2. Ealy, DE
3. Thomas, OG
4. Reid, DT

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys

Analysis: I don't think Dallas can do enough to upgrade along the defensive line. Donald getting past the Bears at No. 14 is a surprise, and I draft him here with the belief that he can come in and start right away. He was the most disruptive defensive player in college football last year. Brent Urban is a tempting player at No. 47, but Su'a-Filo, who can start as a rookie at guard, a position of need, is the pick. In Round 3, I'm going back to the defensive line. Before his senior season, I wouldn't have thought Sutton could fall this far, but he didn't look as explosive in 2013 and lost some ground. Given that the anchor of the interior defensive line is Henry Melton, who's coming off knee injury rehab, adding depth and upside has to be a priority.

I would jump all over those selections.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I think Sutton could also play the 1 technique in this defense and would probably challenge to start.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys

if we get Donald and Su'a-Filo, I will cry (tears of joy)....I doubt if he falls past the first round.

DTown214

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good but I would take a DE before we take any O-linemen, even if the value isn't equal. But knowing Jerry and his inability to draft, I'd take this any day.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys

I would donate to Kipers favorite charity if this was our first 3 picks

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I really like this. I'm all about solidifying the trenches with our first day picks. A few OL here, and few DL there, and we'll probably have one of the youngest and upsidiest (yeah, I just made that up, wanna fight about it?) groups of O and D linemen in the league.

I might even go ahead and trade up to just before the Bears pick to ensure that we'll get Donald (if he even lasts that far).

cmoney23

Reaction score
Kiper has Kony Ealy going in the 3RD in this deal. I'd be angry if we passed on Ealy in the second and probably jump off a bridge if we didn't get him in the third. IMO he's the best DE in this draft.

arglebargle

Reaction score
One injury to a Cowboys' DT and this draft would look like genius. Though I'd probably go DE as well. Because one injury to DE means....uncharted territory.