Kiper's latest mock has Safety Landry going to Washington

newlander

Reaction score
going to Wash. That would kind of suck because he's a stud. But it still wouldn't help their run game.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Man, I am still hoping the deadskins trade the pick.....because they should get a good player at that spot....on accident.

alancdc

Reaction score
newlander;1458117 said:
going to Wash. That would kind of suck because he's a stud. But it still wouldn't help their run game.

He would help them big time. That is what you get when you stink though...a high draft pick.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Landry is a good player but taking him will not fill the Skins biggest need which is DL help. They have a bunch of old run stuffers and one guy making big money (Carter) who has trouble getting the QB. Landry is the sexy pick but if he gets picked and get a big signing bonus that means that S. Taylor will want an even bigger contract. I think they move that pick becuase they can't really help their team by staying there.

chicago JK

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1458126 said:
Man, I am still hoping the deadskins trade the pick.....because they should get a good player at that spot....on accident.

I hope they stay at 6 or make one of those trades for those restricted free agents. In all liklihood the Skins are going to get a good player a 6 and I think Landry would be a good choice. He doesn't fill their Defensive line issues but he is a very good prospect. Plus Taylor really needs someone to be a leader in that secondary and Landry could fit that bill.

I would much rather them getting one good player in the first day of the draft rather than 2-3 first day picks. This draft is pretty deep in the second, third and fourth rounds. By the Skins not having any of these picks, it is almost impossible for them to improve on their poor depth. Let them get one potentially really good player over adding potentially 3 good players.

newlander

Reaction score
they SHOULD move it, but can they draft the quality depth they need from that pick? Probably not, because like the Detroit Lions and other crappy organizations their front office BLOWS.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Two high priced safeties. You have to wonder. Still bet that Chicago and Washington pull off the deal for Briggs and switch places in the first.

Atlanta is said to want either Landry or C. Johnson, if so then they will definite need to trade up.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just yesterday Kiper on the afternoon sportscenter special said that Landry had questionable cover skills. Sounds like the perfect guy to pair with Sean Taylor.

lspain1

Reaction score
If the skins move from their slot.....it becomes a tacit admission that their entire strategy of trading picks for FAs has failed. Are they prepared to do that? I'm not convinced they are.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Landry would be a solid pick at #6 even though the Commanders need defensive line help. Hard to pass up a player of his caliber. In hindsight though, they could stand land a great DE or DT picking that low. But to have Taylor and Landry in the same secondary would be scary.......and that's putting it mild.

They have a tough decision to make.........need or best player available?

ArmyCowboy

Reaction score
The 'Skins recently spent two first round picks on DBs in Rogers (who may be destined to play saftey in the not too distant future) and Taylor, so I doubt they go saftey in the first.

Their biggest problem is obviously d-line, stopping the run and getting to the QB. Gaines Adams would probably help with the pass rush, but will, IMO, be a liability against the run.

Branch would be a great guy to pair with Griffin to stop the run, but won't help the pass rush too much and could probably be had a couple of picks later, if they want to trade down.

Okoye could be an interesting pick at DT, but he too wouldn't help the pass rush too much and could probably be had later.

I think they try to trade down a couple of places to either #7 or #9 and go with one of the DTs I mentioned.

superpunk

Reaction score
ArmyCowboy;1459677 said:
The 'Skins recently spent two first round picks on DBs in Rogers (who may be destined to play saftey in the not too distant future) and Taylor, so I doubt they go saftey in the first.

Their biggest problem is obviously d-line, stopping the run and getting to the QB. Gaines Adams would probably help with the pass rush, but will, IMO, be a liability against the run.

Branch would be a great guy to pair with Griffin to stop the run, but won't help the pass rush too much and could probably be had a couple of picks later, if they want to trade down.

Okoye could be an interesting pick at DT, but he too wouldn't help the pass rush too much and could probably be had later.

I think they try to trade down a couple of places to either #7 or #9 and go with one of the DTs I mentioned.

Interestingly enough, in his 20-some years in the league as a personnel guy, Vinny Cerrato has rarely picked a defensive lineman, and pretty much never in the first round. I believe, and some of our non-mouth-breathing Commanders fans may be able to attest to this, but I believe that Cerrato is quoted as saying he does not draft defensive linemen high, and that he would rather draft a big guy late and coach him up.

Given that precedent, even though DL is clearly where they need help, I am really doubting they go there.

NoDak Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I hope they do take Landry. All the talent in the secondary would be wasted, when the QB has all day to wait for a receiver to come open.

Sure, they'd occasionally come up with the big play, but for the most part, Their D would still be in a world of trouble. Can't rush the passer, can't stop the run.

Just say no to the the D-line, Joe.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
superpunk;1459687 said:
Interestingly enough, in his 20-some years in the league as a personnel guy, Vinny Cerrato has rarely picked a defensive lineman, and pretty much never in the first round. I believe, and some of our non-mouth-breathing Commanders fans may be able to attest to this, but I believe that Cerrato is quoted as saying he does not draft defensive linemen high, and that he would rather draft a big guy late and coach him up.

Given that precedent, even though DL is clearly where they need help, I am really doubting they go there.

If they draft a guy late, then it would be REALLY late. This is a year that will be tough to trade down. Teams are blowing a lot of smoke, but there is not a ton of excitement after the fifth pick and the best value appears to be in rounds two to four. The Skins need more picks, but I don't see a trading partner at this point.

MossBurner

Reaction score
SacredStar;1459143 said:
Landry would be a solid pick at #6 even though the Commanders need defensive line help. Hard to pass up a player of his caliber. In hindsight though, they could stand land a great DE or DT picking that low. But to have Taylor and Landry in the same secondary would be scary.......and that's putting it mild.

They have a tough decision to make.........need or best player available?

Skins needs include: DE, S, DT, G