Video: Kirk Cousins talks about loss to Dallas and Dalton

SackMaster

Reaction score
I wish dalton would have put up big numbers and lost. that's what we like in our quarterback
Yet when Dak put up numbers like Dalton did and the Cowboys won all we herd from the crowd is that:
  • Dak is not elite
  • Dak needs All-Pro Team around him to win
  • Dak is a bus driver
  • Dink-and-Dak
  • Dak can never carry a team
Ect, ect, ect

But as soon as a so-called "Real NFL QB" puts up Dak like numbers and produces a win, NOW you are OK with it for the simple fact that is was NOT Dak that did so. If it was Dak that was in there and played EXACTLY the same, all we would hear is: Oh .... the TEAM had to CARRY Dak to a win. But since it is a "good ol Texas Boy" that did it, let's just sit here and PRETEND it was ALL Dalton.

Hypocritical, to say the least.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I wish dalton would have put up big numbers and lost. that's what we like in our quarterback
No we like wins. But when Dak was putting up small numbers and wins you still complained. Because you dont like him. Not his play. Him. And its starting to become apparent after how much praise Dalton is getting when hes doing what Dak did and got blasted for. Your true colors are showing.

lwehlers

Reaction score
He was clearly done with the press conference after that "you had a chance to get to .500 and you blew it, does that feel bad?" question!
i think that zimmer had a right to be angry about that type of question. the vikings are screwed and now whatever hope they had for the playoffs is probably over after losing. also zimmer might be fired also after this season.

catiii

Reaction score
Accurate statement on the whole.

Dalton won becuz of his experience.

Yes he had lots of help for a change.

But imagine if he had not had the concuss and then then fell ill.

We might be 2-3 games better than we are.

This season is not nearly over.

Dalton may still founder but if the rest of the team plays like Sunday..

I like our chances of not getting a Top 5 pick in the draft.

Which is a good thing.

:oops:
Yeah the 2 hillbilly bogans would stuff up the draft even if we had #1 so might as well go for the wins. With so much suckage in the NFCE, this may be our best chance in a long time. :flagwave:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
He reminds me of Sonny Jurgensen.

The guy throws all over the field and has complete confidence in his ability.

Many of you missed the old Commander vs Dallas days where Meredith and Sonny would duel it out.

Sonny would break your heart..Cousins is the same.

We dodged a bullet. Did you see his QB rating?

Like 137 ish? That is buzzsaw city stuff.

Whew.

Well except Cousins is 2-10 against Dallas (?) and he usually gives us the gift of choking or coming up short at the end of the game.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Oh he said something about Dallas in regards to the Shultz TD. "Some kind of pick route" he says. LOL!!
Sure did hear that.

He had not seen the replays.

Could not have been a good play or a blown coverage by the Bikes that cost them.

You know..this is the Cowboys.

Cheaters and bumbling hopeless losers.

Get your story straight Zim.

Your team cracked under the pressure of a team hungrier than yours.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sure did hear that.

He had not seen the replays.

Could not have been a good play or a blown coverage by the Bikes that cost them.

You know..this is the Cowboys.

Cheaters and bumbling hopeless losers.

Get your story straight Zim.

Your team cracked under the pressure of a team hungrier than yours.

Yeah, there was no pick. No one was over him and no one picked him up. He was invisible to the Vikings D.

Reaction score
Accurate statement on the whole.

Dalton won becuz of his experience.

Yes he had lots of help for a change.

But imagine if he had not had the concuss and then then fell ill.

We might be 2-3 games better than we are.

This season is not nearly over.

Dalton may still founder but if the rest of the team plays like Sunday..

I like our chances of not getting a Top 5 pick in the draft.

Which is a good thing.

:oops:

Dalton did alright for his first game back,,, I especially liked that he didn't choke on the game winning drive. That 4th and 6 throw was money.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Love the "I didn't see it, but it was some kind of pick route" comment about D S's TD.

As a defensive coach, I would think he's be all over what happened there. Maybe he just didn't want to discuss how his players got confused by a play that Kellen Moore designed.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He was clearly done with the press conference after that "you had a chance to get to .500 and you blew it, does that feel bad?" question!
And their media was not playing nice I thought.

Zimmy was definitely defensive.

Cousins not nearly as much.

I like Cousins.

Tough out.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yet when Dak put up numbers like Dalton did and the Cowboys won all we herd from the crowd is that:
  • Dak is not elite
  • Dak needs All-Pro Team around him to win
  • Dak is a bus driver
  • Dink-and-Dak
  • Dak can never carry a team
Ect, ect, ect

But as soon as a so-called "Real NFL QB" puts up Dak like numbers and produces a win, NOW you are OK with it for the simple fact that is was NOT Dak that did so. If it was Dak that was in there and played EXACTLY the same, all we would hear is: Oh .... the TEAM had to CARRY Dak to a win. But since it is a "good ol Texas Boy" that did it, let's just sit here and PRETEND it was ALL Dalton.

Hypocritical, to say the least.
I think you are sort of missing the point of the Dak debate.

It's about the money.

Pure and simple.

Either you see him as capable or more..

as worth $40 mil+/yr or not.

Worth the cost vs value question..

And a whether he will get better with more money or will he regress?

It's complicated for sure.

cern

Reaction score
Wow, what a jerk Mike Zimmer seemed in the end of this interview. No thanks, no credit to our Cowboys and no respect towards the media asking him questions. Just took off his earphones, got up and left so abruptly and obviously upset with the loss. Could have at least been a bit more respectful with how he ended that media interview.
Don't agree. I prefer that my hc hates losing and projects that to owners, asst coaches, players, fans and the press. I know the presssers are mandatory, but why should a hc put on a smiley face after a loss.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't agree. I prefer that my hc hates losing and projects that to owners, asst coaches, players, fans and the press. I know the presssers are mandatory, but why should a hc put on a smiley face after a loss.
You don't have to put up a happy face, but at least be cordial and respectful. It's better to show to your players, coaches and owner how to be both a good winner and loser, than a sore winner and loser. There is a big difference between both.

Proof

Reaction score

It's about the money.

Pure and simple.

Either you see him as capable or more..

as worth $40 mil+/yr or not.

Worth the cost vs value question..

And a whether he will get better with more money or will he regress?

It's complicated for sure.

Lol nah man. Same stuff when he was being paid peanuts. It’s definitely deeper than you suggest with a bunch of folks

garyo1954

Reaction score

It's about the money.

Notice how he said....

"But as soon as a so-called "Real NFL QB" puts up Dak like numbers and produces a win,....."

My thought.....

If you have a "Real NFL QB" putting up Dak like numbers and producing wins, why do you need to pay Dak?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Notice how he said....

"But as soon as a so-called "Real NFL QB" puts up Dak like numbers and produces a win,....."

My thought.....

If you have a "Real NFL QB" putting up Dak like numbers and producing wins, why do you need to pay Dak?
Becuz some people thinks spending Jerrah's money is better than spending their money.

Which they don't have.

:huh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Lol nah man. Same stuff when he was being paid peanuts. It’s definitely deeper than you suggest with a bunch of folks
Oh for sure.

But it is about the money.

Can you blame them?

For 5 years now he has been paid and paid well in 2020.

Only played 4 games.

It's just weird. Everybody just wants to get comfortable with the win/contract ratio..

But Dak just seems to never put closure on things. He had it going before the injury.

Now?

We still wait and watch Dalton get his chance..

We watch for medical updates on Dakster..

And depending on the draft..

do we draft QB if something comes our way..

just in case.

Hmmmm...

cern

Reaction score
You don't have to put up a happy face, but at least be cordial and respectful. It's better to show to your players, coaches and owner how to be both a good winner and loser, than a sore winner and loser. There is a big difference between both.
I do not subscribe to the good loser theorem. Celebrate wins. Abhor losses.