Twitter: Kitna to QB's "Cut it loose, Rip the throw"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you know the source of the word "Cowabunga", that seriously dates you.
In fact, just knowing that it dates you, seriously dates me. :omg:

Maybe it needs to be revived. Then the youngsters will think it is a new term, never heard before.

Kind of like some sucky remakes of classic songs that are butchered, but the youngsters think it is real new music, when it is not. :muttley:

But at least "cowabunga" is cool.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't always agree with your posts regarding Dak but I do now. Interestingly Garrett admitted telling Dak the thing same during last year's TC.

I hate to say it but IMO this is the root of at least 50% of our red zone issues for reason, tighter windows.

This has been what they been saying that Kitna is helping Dak. The mechanics and footwork. Which is giving Dak the confidence to throw the ball when he needs to, instead of waiting for the WR to get open. They said Dak has looked Sharpe and accurate all off season.

Another thing Kitna has him doing, as they said the team kept a tight rein a bit is the play action, as to where Dak turns his back to the D, steps back, turns and releases the ball. The we should see more of that.

All things said so far on NFLN seems to be positive of Dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Romo did have a short term memory which was a good thing and a bad thing.
yes but lets not start that debate on whether he was mistake prone for his career he has one of the best A:LL TIME DC QB record for TD-INT ratio in the regular season.. Troy did not..short memorys for fans apply as well..if you didnt look at stats by name you would think the career numbers were reversed between Romo and Troy..Troy had pedestrian regular season stats..Troy 165-141 Romo -248-117 FACTS

who had more HOF players, better coaching , and a different salary cap era? a better defense? we know but who still put up a better regular season career?

jrumann59

Reaction score
yes but lets not start that debate on whether he was mistake prone for his career he has one of the best A:LL TIME DC QB record for TD-INT ratio in the regular season.. Troy did not..short memorys for fans apply as well..if you didnt look at stats by name you would think the career numbers were reversed between Romo and Troy..Troy had pedestrian regular season stats..Troy 165-141 Romo -248-117 FACTS

who had more HOF players, better coaching , and a different salary cap era? a better defense? we know but who still put up a better regular season career?
Trust me I do not think he was mistake prone. Just saying having a short term memory as QB is good thing and a bad thing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like it. Dak is so conservative naturally, that I think a little of this mentality could do some good.

Just make the throw.

That's a misnomer. Dak is smart by nature and he knows how to manage the game.

The coaching around him and the system he has been in has been conservative. Maybe some of that was the horrid Garrett and some of that Dak being young and them not wanting him to do too much.

We are seeing how Dak wants to throw it deep and wants to open up the passing attack. The coaches prior have not done it. Blaming Dak is blaming the wrong element.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, when he was in college and started doing the same thing of not throwing the ball, it was "the coaches" fault too. lmao

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I like it. Dak is so conservative naturally, that I think a little of this mentality could do some good.

Just make the throw.
I think so too. It was alright with Romo that had more of a gunslinger mentality to have conservative coaches like Garrett/Linehan to reign in some of those impulses. With Dak being naturally more conservative, he needs someone to push him to be more aggressive

links18

Reaction score
As opposed to what? Nursing it into the receivers' hands?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I think Helman is next in line for head of the media cheerleading squad when Mickey retires.

Helman just missed getting the role of Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones. Working for the Cowboys was his second choice.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
As opposed to Kellen Moores mantra "don't throw the ball, ever."