Kiwi in 3-4?

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Danny White said:
He won't be there when we pick at 32.

I like that, I like the guy on Defense for tech the DE Tate reminds me of Dwight Freeny, he was unblockable last nite.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
What did you expect Kiwi to do? It was his first game back after an MCL injury. The commentators even said after talking with him he said he could go straight ahead but whenever he had to change direction he was slowed down drastically. When your facing one of the most mobile QBs in college football your not going to do much damage if you can't even change direction. Antaj Hawthorne doesn't even deserve to be mentoined in the same sentence as kiwi. He was made better by Erasmus James receiving double teams, not to mention his character issues. Kiwi has no character issues and is the only big name on their line. He definately can't play DE in a 3-4 with his frame, but he will definately be a 1st round pick when the draft comes in April. A top 10?? Not after the injuries, but he isn't going to fall as far as you seem to think Nors. You expect him to go undrafted like Antaj??

what is the story on the DE from Tech, Tate I think is his name, he was really impressive last nite, and against Maryland, I can't wait to see him play my Canes next Sat.

VACowboy

Reaction score
DCBoysfan said:
I like that, I like the guy on Defense for tech the DE Tate reminds me of Dwight Freeny, he was unblockable last nite.

You mean Tapp? I thought the same thing, exactly.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Actually, if we were playing a 4-3 defense and needed a DE, tap would be my choice, and we could get him in the second round.

tiller77

Reaction score
Darryl Tapp # 55 he is a beast!!! 6'1 265 not the ideal height but is a playmaker on defense he is constantly getting pressure on the QB. I can't wait for the game either I will be at Lane Stadium next Sat!!!

VACowboy

Reaction score
tiller77 said:
Darryl Tapp # 55 he is a beast!!! 6'1 265 not the ideal height but is a playmaker on defense he is constantly getting pressure on the QB. I can't wait for the game either I will be at Lane Stadium next Sat!!!

What is ideal size for a DE? Freeny is 6-1, 265.

tiller77

Reaction score
you know as well as I do the NFL salivates over guys 6'3 and taller. Freeney was also considered undersized during the draft.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Kiwi is just too light and from all appearences cannot put any more weight on. Strength is not there either. BC has a very good weight program and if he cannot add size and strength there he can't anywhere.
Ngata is a beast- and will be long gone before we get anywhere near him.