Kiwi in 3-4?

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Nors said:
Hos

This is 3-4, Glover is old and undersized. Kiwi really has no chance of being a Cowboy. Look at NT - Ngata - there's the DLine like beef we need.

I have talked to some on the know at BC, Kiwi has/had strength issues and with knee may drop in draft - Big
upside for a 4-3 d with patience.

I would **** strawberries if htis happened. Im at U of O, I see him play week in week out. It's amazing what this guy does. Not only does he collapse the pocket and stuff the run (we've shut down some big time teams so far), he's the reason this is the best defense we've had since we had Joey Harrington. What's amazing, he has sideline to sideline speed, he catches people on sweeps and screens. If he's there for us, I hope we get him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I would **** strawberries if htis happened. Im at U of O, I see him play week in week out. It's amazing what this guy does. Not only does he collapse the pocket and stuff the run (we've shut down some big time teams so far), he's the reason this is the best defense we've had since we had Joey Harrington. What's amazing, he has sideline to sideline speed, he catches people on sweeps and screens. If he's there for us, I hope we get him.
I am a big time Ngata fan as well.

Do you like Kellen Clemens? I am mixed on him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
spot on - this kid slips to us he's a stud 3-4 NT to groom under fergi.....

scottsp

Reaction score
Hos: Yeah, Norsey doesn't usually make much sense. Nothing new.

Though I know you have loved this kid for quite a while now, we all know we do not sniff him barring an unforseen collapse. He's insane talent. Our uninformed pal here doesn't understand that. He's only into throwing stuff against the wall and patting himself on the back when it does stick.

C'mon. You have to resort to such things in order to amass 13,000 posts.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Hos: Yeah, Norsey doesn't usually make much sense. Nothing new.

Though I know you have loved this kid for quite a while now, we all know we do not sniff him barring an unforseen collapse. He's insane talent. Our uninformed pal here doesn't understand that. He's only into throwing stuff against the wall and patting himself on the back when it does stick.

C'mon. You have to resort to such things in order to amass 13,000 posts.

Get a clue. I only watch every BC game here. I only have access to the reason he opted out of draft..... I posted his draft bio that highlights those issues. I only have access to those here in Boston that whisper. I only observe a guy that can't retain wight and has knee issues.

Pony up

Weaknesses: Must add bulk and get stronger. Lacks leverage and doesn't anchor well at the point of attack. Needs to improve his bull rush. Must learn how to use his hands to disengage offensive tackles. Lacks intensity and doesn't play with a mean streak.

Bottom line: Kiwanuka, who could be the top defensive end in the draft, will be in the spotlight all season. He must show greater strength, leverage and intensity to stand up to the scrutiny.

scottsp

Reaction score
Nors said:
Get a clue. I only watch every BC game here. I only have access to the reason he opted out of draft..... I posted his draft bio that highlights those issues. I only have access to those here in Boston that whisper. I only observe a guy that can't retain wight and has knee issues.

Pony up

Weaknesses: Must add bulk and get stronger. Lacks leverage and doesn't anchor well at the point of attack. Needs to improve his bull rush. Must learn how to use his hands to disengage offensive tackles. Lacks intensity and doesn't play with a mean streak.

Bottom line: Kiwanuka, who could be the top defensive end in the draft, will be in the spotlight all season. He must show greater strength, leverage and intensity to stand up to the scrutiny.

Haaaah. These are the very posts that make my point. See, there's this thing called satellite television. DirecTv is a beautiful thing. As is the internet. Check into it when you get a chance. Because if I am stuck in Timbuktu, I can still see BC play every game.

You are no authority. Maybe on Ty Law. Speaking of, I so can not wait until he acts upon your "tip" and signs with Dallas to play free safety.

Because after all, if you're all things Boston College and New England and you have all this access, you're plugged in unlike anyone else around here.

You keep plugging, Nors. I'm tellin' ya: you keep working at it and 15,000 is well within reach. You can hit that before we hit Philly.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Haaaah. These are the very posts that make my point. See, there's this thing called satellite television. DirecTv is a beautiful thing. As is the internet. Check into it when you get a chance. Because if I am stuck in Timbuktu, I can still see BC play every game.

You are no authority. Maybe on Ty Law. Speaking of, I so can not wait until he acts upon your "tip" and signs with Dallas to play free safety.

Because after all, if you're all things Boston College and New England and you have all this access, you're plugged in unlike anyone else around here.

You keep plugging, Nors. I'm tellin' ya: you keep working at it and 15,000 is well within reach. You can hit that before we hit Philly.

So you have seen KIwi past year? Wow thats pathetic as you would then know he has weight issues, strength issues and lately been nothing but injured and has done about nothing on field past year.

But attack my post count brother!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
scottsp said:

I watched Kiwi tonight against Va Tech when I got back from the autographs session.

Kiwi look awful to you? He look emaciated? Gimpy?

scottsp

Reaction score
Nors said:
So you have seen KIwi past year? Wow thats pathetic as you would then know he has weight issues, strength issues and lately been nothing but injured and has done about nothing on field past year.

But attack my post count brother!

I'm well aware of his issues. Not only have I seen him. I've been watching him play for most of his career at BC. Hos can validate the fact we've been discussing this young man for a couple of years now. I'm quite familiar with him.

I know his frame and his ability to make plays on the other side of the LOS. Of course, he's going to have some negative points, but not nearly enough to keep him out of the top ten.

scottsp

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I watched Kiwi tonight against Va Tech when I got back from the autographs session.

Kiwi look awful to you? He look emaciated? Gimpy?

Nope.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Only people who watch every game (yet miss the one going on) and are tuned in to BC notice this about him.

Don't feel bad.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Only people who watch every game (yet miss the one going on) and are tuned in to BC notice this about him.

Don't feel bad.

Kiwi did nothing, was abused, Is injured and undersized.

Next -

Hos was on this guy last draft like Anyajj last year - beware as he gets hung up in press clippings going into season.

scottsp

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Don't feel bad.

Hos: It's quite typical of him.

"Pat me on the back."
"Look at me. I love attention."

People are onto him. Have been for quite a while.

VThokie7

Reaction score
What did you expect Kiwi to do? It was his first game back after an MCL injury. The commentators even said after talking with him he said he could go straight ahead but whenever he had to change direction he was slowed down drastically. When your facing one of the most mobile QBs in college football your not going to do much damage if you can't even change direction. Antaj Hawthorne doesn't even deserve to be mentoined in the same sentence as kiwi. He was made better by Erasmus James receiving double teams, not to mention his character issues. Kiwi has no character issues and is the only big name on their line. He definately can't play DE in a 3-4 with his frame, but he will definately be a 1st round pick when the draft comes in April. A top 10?? Not after the injuries, but he isn't going to fall as far as you seem to think Nors. You expect him to go undrafted like Antaj??

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
People love this guy. Personally I have seen him on tv a few times and play live once I paid specific attention to him. The Rutgers LT OWNED him last year. He made a few plays on the RT however.

I am not sold by any means. BC is known for producing great OL not great DL. I predict he will be a bust.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I love Ngata too. What an absolute stud in the middle of a 3-4 defense.

I'll take Bobby Carpenter over Kiwi.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
VThokie7 said:
What did you expect Kiwi to do? It was his first game back after an MCL injury. The commentators even said after talking with him he said he could go straight ahead but whenever he had to change direction he was slowed down drastically. When your facing one of the most mobile QBs in college football your not going to do much damage if you can't even change direction. Antaj Hawthorne doesn't even deserve to be mentoined in the same sentence as kiwi. He was made better by Erasmus James receiving double teams, not to mention his character issues. Kiwi has no character issues and is the only big name on their line. He definately can't play DE in a 3-4 with his frame, but he will definately be a 1st round pick when the draft comes in April. A top 10?? Not after the injuries, but he isn't going to fall as far as you seem to think Nors. You expect him to go undrafted like Antaj??

No - I said his draft stock will fall, he is not a 3-4 fit for us. I said he has had issues retaining weight and has ongoing strength issues. I also added he has a knee injury.

Sorry Kiwi fans - thats the facts.