Video: Knight and Anae on the trade block?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What? He Anae looked better than some of the other guys we threw out there. I wonder who's taking his spot or the reason behind this.

Well, we've got Lawrence, Gregory, Basham and Armstrong, so it's possible we don't want to keep a fifth end.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
why would a team trade for these players when they can simple claim them when the cowboys release them

Zordon

Reaction score
Sam Young and Chaz Green are still in the league backing up. Knight just played a whole game and held up against Jags starters. Knight can play both guard and tackle and has started games last year and is young and cheap.

Yeah, scrub. Who would want him?
You can't be serious. Did you watch him play last season. He was horrid. If he's as good as you say & cheap why is on the block when the Cowboys have little to no depth behind the top 6 guys?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You can't be serious. Did you watch him play last season. He was horrid. If he's as good as you say & cheap why is on the block when the Cowboys have little to no depth behind the top 6 guys?

I watched him last year and, more importantly, this year. He is on the block because guards Braylon Jones and Alarcon have improved and the arrow is pointing up for them. Farniok and Ball and Steele and Nsehke make Knight expendable.

Jones and Alarcon are just as good or better at guard than Knight right now.

Steele and Farniok and Ball (probably) are better tackles right now than Knight or provide much more upside.

It is not Knight do much as the other backup players on the OL are doing better.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I watched him last year and, more importantly, this year. He is on the block because guards Braylon Jones and Alarcon have improved and the arrow is pointing up for them. Farniok and Ball and Steele and Nsehke make Knight expendable.

Jones and Alarcon are just as good or better at guard than Knight right now.

Steele and Farniok and Ball (probably) are better tackles right now than Knight or provide much more upside.

It is not Knight do much as the other backup players on the OL are doing better.

Ball will most likely go on IR. I think Knight is expendable because he's behind both Nsekhe and Steele as an OT backup and behind McGovern as a guard backup. But you may be right that Farniok plays a role in making him expendable, by earning a roster spot as backup center.

We're going to keep nine or 10 linemen. We had Smith, Williams, Biadasz, Martin and Collins as the five starters. Nsekhe and McGovern as the top two backups. If we keep Steele and Farniok, that puts us at nine. Then, Ball initially takes a spot before being put on IR. We could go 11 initially, then drop to 10 if we keep Knight, but I'm not sure we want to carry 10, especially if Ball is only temporarily on IR and can be brought back.

I like Knight as a guard/right tackle better than you apparently do, but it makes sense to swap him as a backup for a backup that we need more.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sam Young and Chaz Green are still in the league backing up. Knight just played a whole game and held up against Jags starters. Knight can play both guard and tackle and has started games last year and is young and cheap.

Yeah, scrub. Who would want him?
True story: Kyle Wilber is still playing with Oakland. Who'd of thought that guy would be a 10 year. If you find a niche, you can keep getting checks

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Ball will most likely go on IR. I think Knight is expendable because he's behind both Nsekhe and Steele as an OT backup and behind McGovern as a guard backup. But you may be right that Farniok plays a role in making him expendable, by earning a roster spot as backup center.

We're going to keep nine or 10 linemen. We had Smith, Williams, Biadasz, Martin and Collins as the five starters. Nsekhe and McGovern as the top two backups. If we keep Steele and Farniok, that puts us at nine. Then, Ball initially takes a spot before being put on IR. We could go 11 initially, then drop to 10 if we keep Knight, but I'm not sure we want to carry 10, especially if Ball is only temporarily on IR and can be brought back.

I like Knight as a guard/right tackle better than you apparently do, but it makes sense to swap him as a backup for a backup that we need more.

One worry is that the only true backup guard is McGovern right now. Knight is an OT/G, not really specializing in one or the other. That is why either Braylon Jones and Alarcon have a real good shot at making the roster.