Knowing that JG & SL are staying atleast eases the pain

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
You know what you are going to get from these guys. They are not good enough or creative enough to take this team any further than what they achieved this season, and we know that.

I can live with expecting less ONLY IF I KNOW FOR FACT HOW THINGS WILL END, whether a winning or losing season.

As a cowboys fan hearing that linehan will go no where is like the doctors telling you you have "×" amount of years to live.

You are not expecting much and you know how things will eventually end.

I am ok with that. I really am. I feel that next season I can finally sit back and loosely enjoy football without bubbleguts and butterflies.

Knowing that if we make the playoffs and that we will eventually get shredded by creative playcalling and teams like the rams, saints etc puts me at ease.

Knowing that Garrett will only claim we have to get "21" going instead of getting more offensive players involved or coaching the whole offense up puts me at ease.

Knowing that all we can do is play 90's ball and fail to compete with the modern trend makes things a little easy.

It puts my high hopes on cruise control for the moment.

LittleD

Reaction score
I would rather take 3 aspirin for the pain and dump the offensive coaching staff in total. Garrett's attitude that we play offense the way
we play offense and take no notice of the team we're playing is arrogant and totally insensitive to the thousands of paying customers who
come to the stadium. The 4 remaining teams in the playoff hunt don't play offense that way. The nameless, faceless opponent mantra only works
against inferior teams at best. Time to rebuild. Dak needs a RPO/WCO offensive mind to scheme this team to take advantage of the skills
Dak does possess.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact that so many fans have lowered their expectations is really disheartening. I totally understand it though, because mine have been lowered as well. I really hate to say this, but in a sense, being a Cowboys fan is not what it used to be. There was a time when I hated losing, more than I loved winning because winning was expected. It's not like that any longer. The wins are still amazing, but the losses, while not necessarily expected, do not have the sting they used to. I watch every minute of every Cowboys game, but sadly enough (and for years now) with completely different expectations. - - thanks Jerry.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
The fact that so many fans have lowered their expectations is really disheartening. I totally understand it though, because mine have been lowered as well. I really hate to say this, but in a sense, being a Cowboys fan is not what it used to be. There was a time when I hated losing, more than I loved winning because winning was expected. It's not like that any longer. The wins are still amazing, but the losses, while not necessarily expected, do not have the sting they used to. I watch every minute of every Cowboys game, but sadly enough (and for years now) with completely different expectations. - - thanks Jerry.
On the official DC.com forum, I said pretty much the same thing and was lambasted that I was not a "real" fan and how could I say those things being a moderator. Almost like telling me I had to drink the kool-aid to set a good example because I was a mod.

Glad though to hear someone else besides myself and CouchCoach talk about the team not having the same affect on me as they did when I was younger.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what you are going to get from these guys. They are not good enough or creative enough to take this team any further than what they achieved this season, and we know that.

I can live with expecting less ONLY IF I KNOW FOR FACT HOW THINGS WILL END, whether a winning or losing season.

As a cowboys fan hearing that linehan will go no where is like the doctors telling you you have "×" amount of years to live.

I am ok with that. I really am. I feel that next season I can finally sit back and loosely enjoy football without bubbleguts and butterflies.

Knowing that if we make the playoffs and that we will eventually get shredded by creative playcalling and teams like the rams, saints etc puts me at ease.

Knowing that Garrett will only claim we have to get "21" going instead of getting more offensive players involved or coaching the whole offense up puts me at ease.

Knowing that all we can do is play 90's ball and fail to compete with the modern trend makes things a little easy.

Is this like settling for the wall flower at the dance, because you know you have no chance with the prom queen.
I mean at least ask to get to the top dance, instead of saying, oh this is good enough on the outside looking in.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I lived as a child the Staubach years. Raised in the NY area and wearing my Cowboy Jacket in Giant-Jet country made me feel PROUD!
That feeling hasn't been around for almost a quarter of a century and I wonder if I will ever experience it before I meet the man in the sky?

Jerry Jones you are not a FOOTBALL GM .....give it up man give it up and just count your dollars!!!

P.S. Still hate them 70s Steelers with a vengeance!!!! :muttley:

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I think for me and having been spoiled all those playoff years (80's and 90's) that this is more like an insult to our intelligence. We know what it takes and how to get there but the direction this organization is taking seems more to do with the bottom line ($$) and how to keep us on the hook with the possibility of playoffs, staying in contention.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Is this like settling for the wall flower at the dance, because you know you have no chance with the prom queen.
I mean at least ask to get to the top dance, instead of saying, oh this is good enough on the outside looking in.

You and I both know the cowboys way wont work in today's nfl.

The day the cowboys win a championship in today's NFL playing their way will be the day the whole NFL including all other 31 teams have a down year.

Not happening. It will only get tougher as other teams form and progress towards becoming the trend.

The FO has already admitted they'd rather not follow trend and stick to their guns because they believe they can prove it still works.

Sydla

Reaction score

Yep.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
worst thing ive ever heard in my life. "we atleast know we wont compete for the SB" is what you're basically saying. Get out of here with that! I want to WIN.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

You are just the type of fan JJ wants and loves. Someone that is ok with being just ok. Fans like this will always fill his stadium and his pockets regardless of the product on the field.

catiii

Reaction score

That's just silly. You can live with them both staying just because you KNOW we'll suck? Make zero sense. I've been watching this team since the Landry days and I've got higher expectations. I've been punched in the mouth by the clown JJ for too many years. I'm old. I'll be dead before these Jones arse-clowns (including Stephen) see another SB. I hope they enjoy their billions because this fan is done and gone until these coaches are gone. :mad:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I don't think Linehan is going to survive for another year. The bigger problem, IMO, is Garrett and his desperate attempt to salvage his offense by clinging to inferior coaches that he knows will toe his line.

The writing is on the wall. That little blurb Garrett slipped out regarding keeping Linehan created quite a stir, so much that Stephen Jones had to respond with a no decisions have been made comment.

The FO should force Garret to make a change at OC and select a candidate that meets their approval. I think what will be discovered is Garrett's offense presents the underlying problem and hopefully collaboration with a fresh perspective can tweak the scheme to be more compatible with the skills on the roster and winning vs today's defenses and not what the situation presented in 93'.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I keep getting my hopes up and then

tenor.gif