Kris Richard: Hill has generational-type athleticism

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is your point that test scores only go so far?
I dont think that's his point, but I also dont know what his point is.

Donald's testing
Bench- 92nd %
20 yard shuttle- 88th %
3 cone- 97th %
Broad jump- 96th %
Vert jump- 80th %
40 yard- 99%
10 yard split- 99%

Insane

My primary point:
The small subset of measurable(s) are misleading.

As can be seen with the Aaron Donald numbers, in the smaller subset his numbers are not impressive; however, the bigger subset posted by QC makes Donald look very impressive.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No, we care about all of it including play strength. But the two jumps and 10 yard split do measure explosiveness.(Oliver obviously destroys Hill in the 10 yard split)

But yeah, as was being said originally Oliver is an athletic freak whereas Hill isnt. Picking the only two test scores that Hill even came close to Oliver at isn't proving otherwise, that's for sure.
I'm glad you did all this work for me. lol.

waldoputty

Reaction score
My primary point:
The small subset of measurable(s) are misleading.

As can be seen with the Aaron Donald numbers, in the smaller subset his numbers are not impressive; however, the bigger subset posted by QC makes Donald look very impressive.

even if you take all the combine type measureables, hills comps very well with donald. if you throw in the difference in weight, then hill's measureables are insane. already posted those before.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
even if you take all the combine type measureables, hills comps very well with donald. if you throw in the difference in weight, then hill's measureables are insane. already posted those before.

Your post that I replied to was your 1st post in this thread.

You only posted a small subset of measurable(s).

There was no "before".

waldoputty

Reaction score
No, we care about all of it including play strength. But the two jumps and 10 yard split do measure explosiveness.(Oliver obviously destroys Hill in the 10 yard split)

But yeah, as was being said originally Oliver is an athletic freak whereas Hill isnt. Picking the only two test scores that Hill even came close to Oliver at isn't proving otherwise, that's for sure.

actually oliver should destroy hill in the 40 far more than the 10 as their vertical jump explosiveness is about the same.
and the first 10 is where it will matter the most for dt.
and size is going to matter (sorry @Ranching) for the amount of momentum the ol will have to stop.
however for getting by the c/g, it is really the first 1 to 2 yards that matter most.
and that is where the vertical jump measure comes in.

vertical jump - around the same - advantage hill in the most important penetration test
broad jump, shuttle - oliver is better incrementally as expected from weight - ~even
cone - oliver is much better - advantage oliver
bench - oliver is incrementally better - this score can readily be improved by players

--------------Player-------Hill---- Oliver----M. Collins----F Cox-----A Donald -----Q Williams
ARMS ------------------33 3/8"------31 3/4-----33 1/8"--------34 1/2"----- 32 5/8"-------33 1/4"
HANDS ----------------10 1/4"------9 1/4 -----9 1/2"-------10 3/8" -------9 7/8"--------9 5/8"
40 Yard Dash ----------5.04 -------4.73-----5.03-----------4.79 --------4.68----------4.83 SEC
Bench Press -----------28 -----------32-------25------------30---------- 35----------------REPS
Vertical Jump ----------35 -----------36------29.5----------26 ----------- 32-----------30.5 IN
Broad Jump -----------115 ----------120----109----------103 -----------116 ---------112.0 IN
3 Cone Drill -------------7.7 ---------7.15-----7.53--------- 7.07----------7.11--------------- SEC
20 Yd Shuttle ---------4.38 ---------4.19----4.52--------- 4.53 ---------4.39-------------- SEC

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
And I would think Oliver, Hill, Williams, and Tillery would be good guesses on the guys Marinelli thought were true under tackles.

marinelli said there were 3 of which hill was one.
if he was telling the truth, the other 2 were probably williams and oliver