Kris Richard hired as Defensive Backs coach

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Good hire. One of the better young secondary minds in football IMO. Again, not sure why Carroll, who has been Richard's greatest supporter all along, would allow Richard to be let go but willing to hope it's just our good fortune.

The rest of our hires have sucked but this one makes us better. Finally.

Alexander has coached several O-lines in multiple years to top 10 in the NFL in both pass and run blocking. He has a solid resume. You may think he sucks but plenty who take the time to read his bio would not

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Two good hires and one with a bit to prove in Lal. Yeah the guy has a different name that probably bothers some folks, meh, what's in a name

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander has coached several O-lines in multiple years to top 10 in both pass and run blocking. He has a solid resume. You may think he sucks but plenty who take the time to read his bio would not

Alexander is a bit of an odd duck. He also plays concert piano and voted for Bernie Sanders. And no, that’s not an invitation to discuss politics. I just think it’s a strange set of attributes in a top OL coach.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two good hires and one with a bit to prove in Lal. Yeah the guy has a different name that probably bothers some folks, meh, what's in a name

Lal has a reputation as a good technical coach. It’s the moving around so much that gives me pause with him, but it may just be the luck of the draw. Indy wanted him back?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Alexander is a bit of an odd duck. He also plays concert piano and voted for Bernie Sanders. And no, that’s not an invitation to discuss politics. I just think it’s a strange set of attributes in a top OL coach.

Well you support JG, does that make you a strange duck. It certainly makes you different :). Nothing wrong with different. C'mon lets discuss Bernie lol

ksg811

Reaction score
Anyone else intrigued to see if Richard can salvage anything out of Byron? I wonder if his height, length, and athleticism will work in a Sherman type role.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Lal has a reputation as a good technical coach. It’s the moving around so much that gives me pause with him, but it may just be the luck of the draw. Indy wanted him back?

Great we need a good technical coach. He could teach DEZ how to use the entire route tree or at least show him the limbs and T Will how to catch with his hands. perhaps he'll bring a case of sticky gloves or stickum for both :grin:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you support JG, does that make you a strange duck. It certainly makes you different :). Nothing wrong with different. C'mon lets discuss Bernie lol

I’m only different as fans go. A lot of people in the organization support Garrett. And Linehan, too, for that matter.

I was different when I said Zimmer can coach, too. And that Newman could still play. I’m used to being right. I mean, different. Oops.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Anyone else intrigued to see if Richard can salvage anything out of Byron? I wonder if his height, length, and athleticism will work in a Sherman type role.
Oh no, not the Byron thing. It's nearly as bad as the JG/JJ/Dak spiral of doom

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Alexander has coached several O-lines in multiple years to top 10 in the NFL in both pass and run blocking. He has a solid resume. You may think he sucks but plenty who take the time to read his bio would not
I've read it. I still don' t think he was a good hire. You and others simply saying (hoping) he's good does not qualify as proof that he is in fact good.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Flus was LB and passing game yes. This guy will probably be Secondary and Passing game, leaving opening at LB coach. Just a hunch.

Maybe Horton Hears a Who as LB'er coach, shrugs shoulders. In the words of Billy Joel... you may be right, I may be crazy

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've read it. I still don' t think he was a good hire. You and others simply saying (hoping) he's good does not qualify as proof that he in fact good.

We’re not just saying he’s good. We’re showing you who he’s coached, what they’ve accomplished, and sited sources the consider him the best OL in the game. Some as recently as 2016. On top of his longevity and AHC status.

He’s a good coach.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
We’re nit just saying he’s good. We’re showing you who he’s coached, what they’ve accomplished, and sited sources the consider him the best OL in the game. Some as recently as 2016. On top of his longevity and AHC status.

He’s a good coach.
There were people who didn't like the Callahan hire either.