Kris Richard hired as Defensive Backs coach

phildadon86

Reaction score
Of course not, how can somebody expect a program to be built in less than a decade, the fact that Garrett won a playoff game during this rebuilding phase is actually quite remarkable. The fact that you don't see or understand this is quite disturbing. Your impatience and lack of knowledge about the game is disgusting me.:mad:

Just look around the league, do you see teams that hire a new coach and go to the freaking SB in like year 2?

DO YOU?:angry:
Don't know if this is sarcasm but Pederson is in year 2.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The thing about Seattle's defenses in general is that they also had outstanding LBers on a consistent basis. Something we do not have and over the years have been exposed in coverage. Not to mention very few played an entire season without getting injured. And we've never had solid depth either.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If true I assume this means Greg Jackson is not coming back and ray Horton is also not being hired.

All that is left is hiring a linebacker coach and tight end coach.

Leon left being named defensive line coach in full I imagine is going to happen also

The only negative to this hiring for me is not getting Horton as well. I would rather have had Horton as DB coach and Richard as DC or vice versa, but that probably wasn't realistic as both were probably only interested in coming here for the passing game coordinator role, which will lead them back into being DCs. I would assume the same is true for Pagano.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Heard some Seahawks fans say he might've been in over his head a bit at DC last year (first year of them not having a passing game coordinator also probably didn't help), but he should be an excellent DB coach.

Not sure why they thought that...he was missing a handful of his very best players, the offense was atrocious and still led a defense to top ten.

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe he sees something in the talent on the defensive side of the ball and an opportunity to take over from Marinelli soon.

Marinelli I think has one more year on his contract. He was already considering retirement per sources.

Jerry probably doesn’t want to pay him for nothing, so they must have offered this guy the DC when Marinelli retires.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
meh, Dan Quinn was the real architect behind those dominant Seattle defenses

since Richard took over, their defenses have been subpar

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Enjoy...

2ekp655.jpg
HA HAH HAH AHA HA HA HA!!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Why do people think it’s difficult to nab a coach who just got fired if your an NFL team?

The whole environment is competitive and guys who get fired will look for any opening.

Mike Tice was HC the Vikings and is back to a position coach. Hue Jackson is a good position coach and even had success with the awful Raiders and he went to Cleveland. If the Browns decided to fire a HC and look for another, there will be countless guys lining up for that job.

It’s hiring bums like Garrett that is the problem.

blueblood70

Reaction score
these are future moves you get new young coaches in on both sides and they are being groomed so in the very short term they will be an option for HC and OC and DC positions for sure.. i hope they bring in Horton and Haley as well.. move marinelli or Linehan to ast HC/OC and make haley ASt OC..or something like this..time to start the transition, we have very young team and can use afresh approach from coaches to gel these guys to their peak ability..not dumb it down vanilla and roll it out and not adjust.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
This.

I think he's DC caliber material - he's always done a good job in Seattle, but he must not have got any good offers on the coaching carousel. I think he is either going to hang out here for a year and try his luck again in the 2019 offseason, or set himself up to get the DC job here if Marinelli starts talking about retirement.

Either way, I think he and the Cowboys both know that this "passing game assistant" job is just a one year thing.

Yes Rod will not be around next year...

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Of course not, how can somebody expect a program to be built in less than a decade, the fact that Garrett won a playoff game during this rebuilding phase is actually quite remarkable. The fact that you don't see or understand this is quite disturbing. Your impatience and lack of knowledge about the game is disgusting me.:mad:

Just look around the league, do you see teams that hire a new coach and go to the freaking SB in like year 2?

DO YOU?:angry:
Accidents and luck happen