Kris Richard hired as Defensive Backs coach

blueblood70

Reaction score
The only negative to this hiring for me is not getting Horton as well. I would rather have had Horton as DB coach and Richard as DC or vice versa, but that probably wasn't realistic as both were probably only interested in coming here for the passing game coordinator role, which will lead them back into being DCs. I would assume the same is true for Pagano.
whos our ST coach?

Dre11

Reaction score
Ok, I will give you that..........................he has one remarkable season............problem is that this is year eight bro:omg:

I guess you forgot 2014 as well, where the offense put up 30 or more points in 10 games and over 40 in 3
To a 12-4 record.

Terrancemcclain

Reaction score
Alexander is a bit of an odd duck. He also plays concert piano and voted for Bernie Sanders. And no, that’s not an invitation to discuss politics. I just think it’s a strange set of attributes in a top OL coach.

Cool. I like eccentrics .maybe he's a genius

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
If true I assume this means Greg Jackson is not coming back and ray Horton is also not being hired.

All that is left is hiring a linebacker coach and tight end coach.

Leon left being named defensive line coach in full I imagine is going to happen also
Jerry indicated at the Senior Bowl yesterday that Jackson indeed will be retained.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Only in the Zone...

Kris Richard, Defensive Coordinator, 2015-2017 = not quite ready

Kellen Moore, zero coaching experience ever = Give him a shot!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Nice article on Richard from January 2015 from SI explaining the relationship of Richard and Carroll with mention of building that Legion of Boom Secondary.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/25/seattle-seahawks-kris-richard-legion-of-boom

Snippet:

When Carroll and Richard came to Seattle, none of the current Legion of Boom pieces were in place. The reformation began with the decision to select Texas safety Earl Thomas with the 14th pick in the 2010 draft. Thomas has never missed a game and has played at an All-Pro level from the start. Later in the 2010 draft, the Seahawks doubled down with Virginia Tech safety Kam Chancellor in the fifth round. Chancellor became the face of the current archetype at the position -- a big, aggressive defensive back who innately understood the style Carroll and Richard required.

"That was a clear vision from coach from Day 1 -- that was a style we wanted to play, and there's a type of defensive back he knew was going to be able to play that style," Richard said. "These guys, they fit the profile. There's a profile that goes along with the style we desire. We knew the types of players we wanted to bring in, and here we are."