Kristian Fulton or Grant Delpit?

cnuball21

Reaction score
How is a non tackling SS a upgrade lol....Delpit isnt good ...the other S out played him in the Championship

He's a better cover guy than tackler, but "Non-tackling S" is a bit of a stretch...he's the highest graded S for just about every resource that covers the draft. So yes, he'd be an upgrade at Safety for us which is one of the least talented parts of the roster.

Oneiros

Reaction score
He's a better cover guy than tackler, but "Non-tackling S" is a bit of a stretch...he's the highest graded S for just about every resource that covers the draft. So yes, he'd be an upgrade at Safety for us which is one of the least talented parts of the roster.
The problem is we would likely be bringing him in as a SS, not as a FS where his skills are more of a fit.

This is why I prefer McKinney over Delpit.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The problem is we would likely be bringing him in as a SS, not as a FS where his skills are more of a fit.

This is why I prefer McKinney over Delpit.

Why would we bring him in as a SS? We'd bring him in an plug him in where his skills would best be utilized...most likely FS.

Woods and Heath are completely expendable, and have shown nothing to warrant additional starter time.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would we bring him in as a SS? We'd bring him in an plug him in where his skills would best be utilized...most likely FS.

Woods and Heath are completely expendable, and have shown nothing to warrant additional starter time.
Its probably easier to find a passable SS in cheap FA's and later. Id usually favor a top FS prospect over a top SS prospect. I do however feel elite SS's are somewhat underrated

Oneiros

Reaction score
Its probably easier to find a passable SS in cheap FA's and later. Id usually favor a top FS prospect over a top SS prospect. I do however feel elite SS's are somewhat underrated
They are definitely in short supply and if that's what we're aiming for and slotting him into that position then I'd prefer someone that has ball skills but is also not a liability in tackling.

This is why I prefer McKinney who has ball skills but can also lay the wood.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They are definitely in short supply and if that's what we're aiming for and slotting him into that position then I'd prefer someone that has ball skills but is also not a liability in tackling.

I like McKinney, but not at 17. He is a good SS prospect, but he is not on the level that Derwin James was, who went close to that spot. If we look at McKinney, then I would rather they traded down to the bottom portion of the 1st to take him. 25ish

Picking up McKinney with an extra 3rd in our pocket would be a day 1 win for me

Oneiros

Reaction score
I like McKinney, but not at 17. He is a good SS prospect, but he is not on the level that Derwin James was, who went close to that spot. If we look at McKinney, then I would rather they traded down to the bottom portion of the 1st to take him. 25ish

Picking up McKinney with an extra 3rd in our pocket would be a day 1 win for me
I wouldn't be opposed to trading down but honestly don't see McKinney making it past the Eagles.

And for comparison sake would you prefer Delpit at 17?

timb2

Reaction score
Give me Delpit, Fulton got bodied almost all night against Tee Higgins.
I will not take either of them. plenty of good DBs in this draft,don't waste a high pick on them.

dallas72

Reaction score
But Dallas needs a SS in run support...so I'll pass..McKinney is better

dallas72

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to trading down but honestly don't see McKinney making it past the Eagles.

And for comparison sake would you prefer Delpit at 17?

Delpit those shoulder tackles wont work in the NFL ..u need to learn to wrap up...

dallas72

Reaction score

Hes a real.SS...Delpit was a GHOST in big games...watch vs Clemson...he had a sack early then? Never heard his name...had 2 tackles all game..

mathew1184

Reaction score
Just from what Ive seen, Delpit seems to be a little overrated, he disappeared alot this year.

I like Fulton more.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I'll take Delpit there, heard he has had a shoulder problem this season which is why his tackling has been off this year.
Not trading back either, we need talent !
Now if it was a choice of Kinlaw vs Delpit - I'd have a hard time choosing.

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
I'll take Delpit there, heard he has had a shoulder problem this season which is why his tackling has been off this year.
Not trading back either, we need talent !
Now if it was a choice of Kinlaw vs Delpit - I'd have a hard time choosing.

Not me, Kinlaw hands down.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
How is a non tackling SS a upgrade lol....Delpit isnt good ...the other S out played him in the Championship
He was injured. He can tackle, just look at his tape from last year. This season he battled injuries so that would be the only concern I have with Delpit

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Not me, Kinlaw hands down.
Yeah, probably how I would go as well. I really want us to start selecting these positions we have neglected for as long as the Clapper was here, but also using our high picks on those positions. Feel like this off season we/they may have to be more involved in free agency as well. Both 1-tech and Safety need a big infusion of talent. Well, so does 3-tech for that matter...