KRLD: Dallas Cowboys fans biggest complainers in NFL: Study

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's see....

1. We have the largest fan base.
2. Jerry does a hell of a job overhyping this team and we lap it up like thirsty kittens.
3. This team falls way short of all expectations every year.

We aren't the jags who are happy with 1 win a year...so we complain in vain hopes of meaningful change.

ESisback

Reaction score

True! And here’s why: America’s Team is the most hyped. The fans are entitled, so the fall is harder. Add to that, the reaction to the fall by non-fans Is super snarky, so Dallas fans are even MORE defensive.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
:popcorn: Yeah I would think so after this long. Although Browns fans probably have more of right to be whiny.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman said it best when asked if Dallas was a good sports town. He replied, with a wry smile, "Dallas is a good winner's town". Could not have said it better.

Through the years, I have been interested with the level of polarization about the Cowboys and have some close buds that are all fans of other East teams so I would delve into it when I encountered one of those that really detested the Cowboys. I discovered that it wasn't the team as much as the fans. And I can tell you that fans in Texas are a different breed and think they own and invented the game.

Now, that is not all and probably not even the majority but like anything else, it is the vocal minority that speaks for the silent majority.

My biggest problem with some fans is their entitlement because they are a fan and it's not that a better team beat their Cowboys, it has to be the bias on the refs, Goodell and even Mara's part. How often do you see that on here and other Cowboys fans' sites?

And the biggest problem I have with some of them is that it's not they're poor losers so much, they're poor winners. That old joke about the hole in the roof of Texas Stadium, who do you think started that, a Cowboys fan or a non fan of Cowboys fans?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And they only looked at this website.

Yeah, my 1st thought was, we don't need a study for that. We live it every day on here. The team can go on a run and win the NFCE at 8-8, and there will still be complainers.

They want us to go 2-14 every year to get better draft picks. 10 years later, they still say the same thing. After losing in week one, TANK. Every year after the 1st loss...TANK....

Plankton

Reaction score
Eventually you stop complaining about everything except the only thing that matters: the dysfunctional organizational structure.

Sign players, fire coaches, it's all been done several times over the last 25 years. There is one constant, technically two:

gettyimages-1178845242-e1577757838267.jpg

200_d.gif

RS12

Reaction score
To the contrary. Amazing loyalty and patience shown by perpetually disappointed fans who have dealt with a quarter century of the key stone cops running this team.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Thirteen different teams have won a SB since our last appearance. We have won three playoff games.

So thirteen teams have won as many playoff games in one season as we have in 25 years.

jjktkk

Reaction score
What other fan base has to deal with Big and Little Enos Burdette running the show?
Teams that haven't even come close to sniffing a championship in decades, ex. Detroit, Cleveland. As pitiful as the Cowboys have been for the past 25 years., I'd hate to be a Lions, or Browns fan.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Teams that haven't even come close to sniffing a championship in decades, ex. Detroit, Cleveland. As pitiful as the Cowboys have been for the past 25 years., I'd hate to be a Lions, or Browns fan.

I've reached the point where I disagree. The Lions and Browns will at least fire decision-makers when they fail. They may need a more few firings before they get there but at least they will try.

We're left hoping Jerry and Stephen get smarter because they're still going to make the decisions, as they have the last 25 years. Is that logical? Jerry is almost 80 and Stephen has only worked under Jerry.

Hope is not a strategy. This team is going nowhere until it changes how it operates from the top down.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Makes sense with this teams rich history and broke present. You have a entitled fanbase that's use to winning and you have ownership that seems to be content with losing. Honestly I'm shocked some other franchises aren't complaining more but none of those franchise have our history.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I've reached the point where I disagree. The Lions and Browns will at least fire decision-makers when they fail. They may need a more few firings before they get there but at least they will try.

We're left hoping Jerry and Stephen get smarter because they're still going to make the decisions, as they have the last 25 years. Is that logical? Jerry is almost 80 and Stephen has only worked under Jerry.

Hope is not a strategy. This team is going nowhere until it changes how it operates from the top down.
I agree. I have an old Navy buddy who, unfortunately is a life long Lions fan. The Lions haven't been close to a championship, even during the Barry Sanders days. At least we had the 90's Cowboy dynasty and 3 championships to look back on. And I actually thought this years Cowboy's team had a chance to be a SB contender as well. Injuries and the putrid defense certainly took away any possibility of that happening. But yeah, we are in a bad state right now as Cowboys fans right now because of the Jones family.