KTCK-Cowboy Draft Talk Coming Up With Norm

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
They also still talk about Jamal Lewis being a good RB. Lewis has averaged 3.4 and 3.6 ypc the last two years running behind a much better OL in Baltimore than what he'll run behind in Cleveland. He's pretty much washed up. He's also always injured, and the Browns don't have much of anything behind him since they traded away Droughns. In fact, that's what strikes me most about looking at Cleveland's roster ... they have absolutely no depth.

BLT

Reaction score
really i wouldnt be too surprised if cleveland went 8-8... this will be year 2 of their 3-4 and it usually takes till the 2nd year till every 1 gets it... they have a big nose tackle.. i think Wimbley will be a great player for them and they have a potentially good offensive line decent workhorse RB... the things that are working for us are that at 2 of their most important positions LT,QB theyll have rookies... and theire secondary is AWFUL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BLT;1483676 said:
really i wouldnt be too surprised if cleveland went 8-8... this will be year 2 of their 3-4 and it usually takes till the 2nd year till every 1 gets it... they have a big nose tackle.. i think Wimbley will be a great player for them and they have a potentially good offensive line decent workhorse RB... the things that are working for us are that at 2 of their most important positions LT,QB theyll have rookies... and theire secondary is AWFUL.

If they were in another division I would agree but they went 0-6 in their division last season and I expect both Cinn and Pitt will be better than they showed last season

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1483656 said:
Greg Williams just came on to take exception with Norm's call of how bad Cleveland will still be. Williams thinks they'll be pretty good next year.

Anything can happen, but Williams is an idiot. He's saying what Winslow is healthy, and he's not yet. Asks what if Joe Thomas is Jonathan Ogden... What are the odds of that? Not much mention of how poor their defense is.

Somebody didnt look at Clevelands schedule then because that team is starting the season 1-9 or 2-8 at best.

Sep 9 Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Sep 16 Cincinnati 1:00pm
Sep 23 @Oakland 4:05pm
Sep 30 Baltimore 1:00pm
Oct 7 @New England 1:00pm
Oct 14 Miami 1:00pm
Week 7 BYE
Oct 28 @St. Louis 1:00pm
Nov 4 Seattle 4:05pm
Nov 11 @Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Nov 18 @Baltimore 1:00pm
Nov 25 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 2 @Arizona 4:05pm
Dec 9 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm
Dec 16 Buffalo 1:00pm
Dec 23 @Cincinnati 1:00pm
Dec 30 San Francisco 1:00pm

BLT

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1483683 said:
If they were in another division I would agree but they went 0-6 in their division last season and I expect both Cinn and Pitt will be better than they showed last season

yea their division is arguably the best in Football... it would have been ours but the giants and Commanders have dropped down a little bit i feel..

BLT

Reaction score
CATCH17;1483684 said:
Somebody didnt look at Clevelands schedule then because that team is starting the season 1-9 or 2-8 at best.

Sep 9 Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Sep 16 Cincinnati 1:00pm
Sep 23 @Oakland 4:05pm
Sep 30 Baltimore 1:00pm
Oct 7 @New England 1:00pm
Oct 14 Miami 1:00pm
Week 7 BYE
Oct 28 @St. Louis 1:00pm
Nov 4 Seattle 4:05pm
Nov 11 @Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Nov 18 @Baltimore 1:00pm
Nov 25 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 2 @Arizona 4:05pm
Dec 9 @N.Y. Jets 4:15pm
Dec 16 Buffalo 1:00pm
Dec 23 @Cincinnati 1:00pm
Dec 30 San Francisco 1:00pm

the whole any given sunday quote could fit here... theres injuries and every year a team surprises... so right now id put them at 6-10... theyre not going to go 0-6 vs their division

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BLT;1483676 said:

Yes, Wimbley looks good.

But that "big nose tackle" is 85 years old. Bentley still isn't back from that awful injury he had in TC last year. Their LBs are very average. Their secondary is lousy.

But probably most of all, Frye is awful. That's the difference between this team and Buffalo in 2005 -- they still had a serviceable Bledsoe. If the Browns can't run it 50 times a game, and I don't think they can, I think they're in big trouble.

hendog

Reaction score
BLT;1483676 said:

I don't see thim going 8-8 seeing as how they have 6 games against Pitt, Baltimore and Cincy plus they have to play the AFC East this year with NE and the Jets coming off playoff years.

I could see that as being 6 losses easiliy right there. That means they could only lose 2 more of their remaining games against some pretty strong competition. Seattle,Buf,Mia,Ari,St.Lou. They definitly have a tough schedule especially if they plan on starting Quinn from the get go.

At best I see them at 6-10. Which would be a 2 game improvement and still might land us a top 5 or 6 pick.

hendog

Reaction score
Outside of maybe Houston and Oakland I think that every team on their schedule should be favored to beat them. Doesn't mean they will. But I'd say they have a serious uphill climb to get out of the cellar this year. 1 or 2 key injuries for them could be bad with their lack of quality depth.

David276

Benched
Reaction score
maybe norm the head coach of the chargers . shouldnt know so much about our team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BLT;1483688 said:
the whole any given sunday quote could fit here... theres injuries and every year a team surprises... so right now id put them at 6-10... theyre not going to go 0-6 vs their division

Theyll need a major upset just to go 1-5 in their division which is possible.

I think Cleveland at best is a 6-10 team next year but i'll take the under and say they go 4-12.

They are way to young to get anything done on offense. Jamall Lewis is like Eddie George in Dallas, hes just way to beat up.

4-12 imo.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Anything can happen in the NFL, but the Browns have a lot to overcome, starting with the strength of that division. The Bills were able to take advantage of beating a very bad Miami team twice (the Dolphins were 4-12 and 2-10 inside the AFC) and going 4-0 against a very bad NFC West (the teams were a combined 25-39, 3-10 against the AFC, and the division winner, Seattle, was slightly better than 500 and actually outscored by its opponents, albeit by only two points).

Looking at it another way, Buffalo feasted off six opponents with a combined record of 33-63 (doubling Miami)... or on average, 5.5 wins 10.5 losses.

Granted, the Bills had to win those games, but by NFL standards, that was about as favorable as a schedule gets. In other games, Buffalo was 3-7.

As has been pointed out, the Browns have a much more difficult hill to climb. They could be significantly better and struggle to win more than a game or two inside their division. They have some very difficult non-division games.

It's foolish to predict that any NFL team will be bad, given recent history, but the advantages that helped other teams struggle from worst to first, or whatever, don't appear to be in place for the Browns. They have the look of a team that will struggle to win many games, even if improved from last season.

StoneyBurk

Reaction score
The Browns might be better than we think next year
Winslow led all TE's in the NFL in catches
Thomas Bentley and Stienbach all have Pro Bowl potential so they might play a ball control offense

zeromaster

Reaction score
There will be one or two teams that don't take them seriously in the middle of the season, so I can see them getting 5-6 wins. Quinn alone will not be enough to turn them around, despite his interviews to the contrary. Winslow still needs to prove he's got his head on straight as well. Without a good Oline and runnig game, a rookie is going to have a tough time of it. He'll learn, but it may be painful to watch...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
shaketiller;1483818 said:
Anything can happen in the NFL, but the Browns have a lot to overcome, starting with the strength of that division. The Bills were able to take advantage of beating a very bad Miami team twice (the Dolphins were 4-12 and 2-10 inside the AFC) and going 4-0 against a very bad NFC West (the teams were a combined 25-39, 3-10 against the AFC, and the division winner, Seattle, was slightly better than 500 and actually outscored by its opponents, albeit by only two points).

Looking at it another way, Buffalo feasted off six opponents with a combined record of 33-63 (doubling Miami)... or on average, 5.5 wins 10.5 losses.

Granted, the Bills had to win those games, but by NFL standards, that was about as favorable as a schedule gets. In other games, Buffalo was 3-7.

As has been pointed out, the Browns have a much more difficult hill to climb. They could be significantly better and struggle to win more than a game or two inside their division. They have some very difficult non-division games.

It's foolish to predict that any NFL team will be bad, given recent history, but the advantages that helped other teams struggle from worst to first, or whatever, don't appear to be in place for the Browns. They have the look of a team that will struggle to win many games, even if improved from last season.

The Bills also had the #2 rated defense that season AND between their defense and special teams they contributed an amazing 10 touchdowns.

If the Brownies had a defense that was better than 20th in the NFL I'd be shocked.

The Bills had also putting up a few decent seasons before their lousy 2003 which transcended into a winning 2004-- thus lowering the draft pick we received.

When was the last time the Browns had a winning season? ;)