Kubiak is in HIGH demand... dump BP and get him Jerry

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
If Bill did step down I would love to have Kubiak. He has passed on HC jobs in recent years so it is not as if he is the flavor of the week. Kubiak has been well thought of for a while

I think he has been waiting for the Dallas Cowboys HC job for years...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Alexander said:
What head coaching jobs did he "turn down"?

He was well thought of years ago when the Broncos won Super Bowls. Then the interest cooled as far as I can remember.

I don't remember which team it was because it was shot down pretty quick when he said he was not going to leave Denver. I do know that Texas A&M had also inquired about a HC job with Kubiak but again turned down the offer because he was not looking to leave Denver. As far as Coordinators go Kubiak has done a very good job and I think he will eventually take a HC job. I think in ways he is smart in waiting for the right time and right situation to come along especially when talking about your 1st HC job

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Coach K is a very good teacher of offense and I hear a good leader amongst his peers.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Coach K is a very good teacher of offense and I hear a good leader amongst his peers.

Shanahan Himself says that Kubiak has been running the offensive meetings for YEARS. Also, when Gary played as Elways backup it was always said that he was a TRUE student of the game. That someday he would make a great head coach.

bysbox1

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Kubiak is a good OC. Any team getting him would be getting a good coach, tho I'm not sure about his defensive background, even tho I know he's a former player. Lber maybe?
QUOTE]

Kubiak was a former QB.

conner01

Reaction score
a couple of big question with kubiak. who would run the defense?what scheme would we use? and most importnat of all, who is gonna runthe draft? i would do just about anything to keep jerry out of that job

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
conner01 said:
a couple of big question with kubiak. who would run the defense?what scheme would we use? and most importnat of all, who is gonna runthe draft? i would do just about anything to keep jerry out of that job

Don Capers on D.
Back to 4-3.
JJ and Kubiak. Let the new guy have a shot at it. Worked for many others in the past.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I don't remember which team it was because it was shot down pretty quick when he said he was not going to leave Denver. I do know that Texas A&M had also inquired about a HC job with Kubiak but again turned down the offer because he was not looking to leave Denver. As far as Coordinators go Kubiak has done a very good job and I think he will eventually take a HC job. I think in ways he is smart in waiting for the right time and right situation to come along especially when talking about your 1st HC job

If I remember correctly, Kubiak spent 1 season as the QBs coach at A&M. I heard he didn't like the recruiting aspect of the job and that is why he has shown little interest in college jobs.

Dallas should get duel head coaches, Kubiak as the offensive head coach and Jerry Gray as the defensive head coach. An Aggie and a Longhorn running the show with a Razorback owner.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
If I remember correctly, Kubiak spent 1 season as the QBs coach at A&M. I heard he didn't like the recruiting aspect of the job and that is why he has shown little interest in college jobs.

Dallas should get duel head coaches, Kubiak as the offensive head coach and Jerry Gray as the defensive head coach. An Aggie and a Longhorn running the show with a Razorback owner.

Your right about him being the QB coach at A&M soon after he retired from Denver as a player. As far as duel coaches I would never do that, the HC has to be the man in charge responsiable for all not half the team with this coach and the other half with that coach. As the old saying goes to many cooks in the kitchen spoils the meal

bysbox1

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Thanks. At least I knew he played. Can't be right all the time... :)

No Problem. Just spreading a little info . . . I get these things wrong myself most of the time.

I just remember that he was an okay QB . . . I thought he was a career backup, but I could be wrong.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bysbox1 said:
No Problem. Just spreading a little info . . . I get these things wrong myself most of the time.

I just remember that he was an okay QB . . . I thought he was a career backup, but I could be wrong.

He was a career backup behind Elway.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Your right about him being the QB coach at A&M soon after he retired from Denver as a player. As far as duel coaches I would never do that, the HC has to be the man in charge responsiable for all not half the team with this coach and the other half with that coach. As the old saying goes to many cooks in the kitchen spoils the meal

I was kidding about that. It would never work and the last time Dallas tried it was a disaster. Fake coach Campo on the sideline and real coach Jerry in the booth. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I was kidding about that. It would never work and the last time Dallas tried it was a disaster. Fake coach Campo on the sideline and real coach Jerry in the booth. :D

Unlike some I did not despise Campo I felt he was in a no win situation, as a HC you have to be the one calling the shots and management should back you. What Campo dealt with was not getting to call the shot and having players go over his head to Jerry. Campo took the abuse by the media and fans but in honesty did he really get much of a chance to prove himself?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Unlike some I did not despise Campo I felt he was in a no win situation, as a HC you have to be the one calling the shots and management should back you. What Campo dealt with was not getting to call the shot and having players go over his head to Jerry. Campo took the abuse by the media and fans but in honesty did he really get much of a chance to prove himself?

No. It was a bad position for anyone to be in. I did not care for his game management and that is all on him. Everything else was on Jerry. Throw in Bruce Coslet and I wonder how the team even won 5 games. Maybe it was Quincy Carter. :D Sorry, I have to throw in fuel for other posters. :lmao:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
No. It was a bad position for anyone to be in. I did not care for his game management and that is all on him. Everything else was on Jerry. Throw in Bruce Coslet and I wonder how the team even won 5 games. Maybe it was Quincy Carter. :D Sorry, I have to throw in fuel for other posters. :lmao:

Well back then we really only won 3 games in each of those 5-11 seasons... dont count the guaranteed 2 wins every year over Washington! :laugh1: :lmao2::lmao:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss said:

He was the man who did not have a QB and was coaching a team that was so far in salary cap hell that the best FA we could get were guys who were looking for 1 last shot after coming off a major injury. So he faced a team with little talent to work with and was not being given control that all coaches need. Personally I hope one day he gets another shot some where’s in the league and is allowed the same control that other coaches get then he can be truly judged as a HC.

joseephuss

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Well back then we really only won 3 games in each of those 5-11 seasons... dont count the guaranteed 2 wins every year over Washington! :laugh1: :lmao2::lmao:

Just beautiful. :lmao2:

wileedog

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Don Capers on D.
Back to 4-3.
JJ and Kubiak. Let the new guy have a shot at it. Worked for many others in the past.

Why in the world would you get Capers and go back to a 4-3?