Video: Kurt Warner break: Dak Prescott vs Saints

75boyz

Reaction score
I have always enjoyed the QB film break down critiques shared by Warner, Aikman or Romo.

But the most fun is to read the all knowing crowd here with obviously much more QB knowledge offer up the obligatory excuses.

It never gets old.

It's as though Warner, Aikman and Romo are Khiladi, Pappy and Mountaineer.

I wonder if the board population tweets those actual former NFL QBs their disagreeing opinions.

Entertainment at its finest, lol.

jmo

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I don’t understand how anyone can watch that video and think Kurt Warner has some kind of bias against Dak Prescott… He’s been on record numerous times about how he likes Dak. That video and analysis was spot on - Dak has gotten skittish in the pocket and pressing to make ALL of his reads instead of letting the play design develop. His internal clock has sped up again line it did after the Chaz Green fiasco - that video shows multiple instances of him just not letting that extra split second of play development happen. And, he has to stop that throwing off his back foot crap.

75boyz

Reaction score
I don’t understand how anyone can watch that video and think Kurt Warner has some kind of bias against Dak Prescott… He’s been on record numerous times about how he likes Dak. That video and analysis was spot on - Dak has gotten skittish in the pocket and pressing to make ALL of his reads instead of letting the play design develop. His internal clock has sped up again line it did after the Chaz Green fiasco - that video shows multiple instances of him just not letting that extra split second of play development happen. And, he has to stop that throwing off his back foot crap.

Real truth is not a credible board narrative.

glimmerman

Reaction score
How much did Troy run, how about Brady? Frikkin losers....
Lol. Problem is those 2 you mentioned are great pocket QBs. Dak made his way by being a big body QB that will take off on you in a heart beat. He had designed roll outs that he was never gonna throw it. Or a RPO to go or flip it to Elliot. He made a ton of yards running off of Tyrons side. I understand as the game slows down for him and his pocket presents gets better and reading of the defenses gets easier then he needs to run less. And the injury has him and the staff wanting him to slow that up. But this part of his game has disappeared completely since the calf injury. He only ran it a few times during the 6 game streak, but now there is nothing and teams are paying attention. I hope Dak is tricking them and when games are on the line in playoffs or SB then he takes off. He isn’t afraid I don’t think. He ran it in for a TD against the falcons..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What I found strange is how they didn’t bite on that flea flicker at all.

Like I get the DBs not biting on it but the RBs we’re running back even with Pollard having the ball in his hands.

Do we have a tell offensively? We’re they just reading how the linemen came out of their stance?

Was just real odd to me how the linebackers played the pass the entire way even with Pollard taking the handoff. Weird.
Just a disciplined team playing their assignments, and a boneheaded play call by Kellen to try the failed flea flicker and the next failed flea flicker 3 plays apart. O-line took one step up then set up to pass block. Easy read for the defense when done that close together. It's like the team that goes to the screen one too many times. You can fool a defender once, but try that screen pass back to back and they will recognize the oline basically letting them through real quick. Same thing happened with the flea flicker. The saints saw an attempted one earlier in the drive, and then just identified same formation, same blocking pattern, same receiver routes, etc.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was a 4th round pick for a reason and that reason was his dual-threat ability.

He is terrified to run now, so we're left with a QB that would have never even been drafted if it was based on his ability to read defenses and pass the ball.

some of the reports suggest otherwise, although they mentioned him being a dual threat in college. I don't like running QBs in the NFL. you have to be able to pass from the pocket. I don't want Jackson. none whatsoever....if you can't pass from the pocket in the NFL, you will be an average QB...

Dak Prescott NFL Draft 2016: Scouting Report, Grade for Cowboys Rookie | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights interestingly they mention his lack of good footwork, which is something he has improved in the NFL

Revisiting Dak Prescott's scouting report: Work in progress, compares to Tim Tebow - CBSSports.com mentions good field vision and anticipation...

so not sure what's wrong with him, but I think he is physically not fine....he has been very accurate from the pocket, but not as much when on the move. which is surprising, given he was very good on the move...that's why it leads me to believe he is not physically well.

buddieluver

Reaction score
I’m 15 minutes into this. Dak sucks at reading coverage lol.

Especially corners. Dallas runs these high low concepts on the sideline and Dak misses it everytime haha.

7 minutes in and did you miss the part where kellen needs to clean up some route concepts lol.

reddyuta

Reaction score
he is rushing his throws,he doesnt want to get hit if he can help it.

ksadler1

Reaction score
How much did Troy run, how about Brady? Frikkin losers....

That has absolutely nothing to do with Dak. When you have a QB that can run, you take advantage of it. At the very least, it opens up your passing game. I don't want Dak running 10 times a game, but we should have designed run plays for him on 3rd or 4th and short...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That has absolutely nothing to do with Dak. When you have a QB that can run, you take advantage of it. At the very least, it opens up your passing game. I don't want Dak running 10 times a game, but we should have designed run plays for him on 3rd or 4th and short...
Lol. Intelligent quarterbacks don’t run. They buy time and look down field

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
7 minutes in and did you miss the part where kellen needs to clean up some route concepts lol.

Like Kurt said.. It was either a special play design or there was too much trash for Lamb to get where he needed and he broke to the open field.

I wouldn’t look a whole lot into it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is playoff positioning. This is when the boys come out to really play. You really want to quarterback getting slammed 4 yards. What happened to the intelligence here

Nav22

Reaction score
Because our OLine played great early on. It was the talk of the league. Our offense used to have balance too unlike it does now.

The more you ask of Dak the worse it will get.

There are trucks at the QB position.. Those who carry their team.. Then there are trailers.. Those who get pulled by their team.

Dak is a trailer. Nothing wrong with that. It sucks paying 40 million a year for that but that’s on the stupid Jones’s.
And since Patrick Mahomes was complete garbage early this season when things were crappy around him, he’s also a trailer, right?

You know NOTHING about football.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And since Patrick Mahomes was complete garbage early this season when things were crappy around him, he’s also a trailer, right?

You know NOTHING about football.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

When you click post reply did you think this was clever?

Mahomes is a Super Bowl champion that has been a 1 man army since he stepped on the football field.

You guys like to find a moment or 2 of imperfection with players like Mahomes and paint with this broad brush a narrative that is the opposite of their entire career.