Video: Kurt Warner breaks down Dak Prescott & K. Moore

Brooksey

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere but I know some have commented about it in other threads, so I watched it and wanted to share it with those who haven't seen it.

Kurt Warner is saying:

1. Kellen Moore doesn't know how to design a High/Low play against Zone coverage

Dak Prescott doesn't truly understand his reads based on the play he's running, doesn't pick up hots against the blitz, he struggles or fails to read the Mike LB or the Safety and he's holding the ball too long resulting in bad throws and sacks.

The examples in his analysis are so concerning that if Kurt Warner is right you have to move on from Kellen Moore or at least get him educated against the Zone and if Dak doesn't improve you have to consider your options with him too. I don't see how anyone (the Jones family or McCarthy) would disagree unless they think Kurt Warner is wrong. Watch it for yourselves it's scary..lmk what you guys think

CWR

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere but I know some have commented about it in other threads, so I watched it and wanted to share it with those who haven't seen it.

Kurt Warner is saying:

1. Kellen Moore doesn't know how to design a High/Low play against Zone coverage

Dak Prescott doesn't truly understand his reads based on the play he's running, doesn't pick up hots against the blitz, he struggles or fails to read the Mike LB or the Safety and he's holding the ball too long resulting in bad throws and sacks.

The examples in his analysis are so concerning that if Kurt Warner is right you have to move on from Kellen Moore or at least get him educated against the Zone and if Dak doesn't improve you have to consider your options with him too. I don't see how anyone (the Jones family or McCarthy) would disagree unless they think Kurt Warner is wrong. Watch it for yourselves it's scary..lmk what you guys think

What about more of a quick hitting yac oriented west coast style offense? Dak needs to get the ball out quickly or roll out. The longer developing plays always seem to suck.

Brooksey

Reaction score
What do you mean if he’s right? Of course he’s right. Teams used the same defense to stop this offense for 3 months and that idiot Moore had no answers.

and yes, it’s been posted.

Well if Kurt Warner is right and you actually watched all of it, we have very deep rooted problems. At the 20:00 minute mark...for Dak not to be able to read the safety on that play, at this point in the season, makes me question how he's even an NFL QB

There has to be some major confusion

JBS

Reaction score
Well if Kurt Warner is right and you actually watched all of it, we have very deep rooted problems. At the 20:00 minute mark...for Dak not to be able to read the safety on that play, at this point in the season, makes me question how he's even an NFL QB

Oh, Dak isn’t absolved of any blame. He was crap too

Brooksey

Reaction score
Oh, Dak isn’t absolved of any blame. He was crap too

Dak is definitely not absolved of any blame. What I'm asking or questioning is
why at this point in the season, on that play @ 20:00 mark, he's not reading the safety?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Kurt Warner is saying:

Kurt Warner is saying:

Kurt Warner is saying:

great, now have him break down the oline play and zeke play. The bigger issue.

CWR

Reaction score

I'd like to know how he was able to make reads the first 6 weeks if that's the case?

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Dak was just not taking the easy throws. Someone was telling him to hold onto the ball to wait for something - otherwise ***.. he sits on the sideline everyplay looking at the ipad - how does he not see the intermediate and checkdown open all day? He waits for the big play and is too slow to give it up to the checkdown, like 2 ticks too slow which leads to the overthrows trying either not to get intercepted or under immense pressure.

I am Dak's biggest fan but I have no excuses after watching this film I'm just as shocked as many - like I get the trolls but this game he was really worthy of some troll comments.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He does that, go watch the video, he'll show you how Dak holding the ball and not making the right reads is getting him sacked.
I’ll watch it. But Warner wouldn’t have done any better behind our line. Dak makes plays they just get ruined by penalty.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak was just not taking the easy throws. Someone was telling him to hold onto the ball to wait for something - otherwise ***.. he sits on the sideline everyplay looking at the ipad - how does he not see the intermediate and checkdown open all day? He waits for the big play and is too slow to give it up to the checkdown, like 2 ticks too slow which leads to the overthrows trying either not to get intercepted or under immense pressure.

I am Dak's biggest fan but I have no excuses after watching this film I'm just as shocked as many - like I get the trolls but this game he was really worthy of some troll comments.
Maybe because it was 3rd and 20?