Video: Kurt Warner breaks down Dak Prescott & K. Moore

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Well if Kurt Warner is right and you actually watched all of it, we have very deep rooted problems. At the 20:00 minute mark...for Dak not to be able to read the safety on that play, at this point in the season, makes me question how he's even an NFL QB

There has to be some major confusion
Tony Romo did not have problems reading defenses or going through his progressions. Like I said. Dak should be all world with these offensive weapons.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If u actually watch it, it’s 50 percent scheme criticism, 30 percent qb and 20 percent wide receiver route running.

Yes, but Rodgers nor Brady would allow the OC to keep putting the offense in the same schemes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Haha not the first play of Kurt Warner's tape....the first play of the game Shultz is open by about 5 yards and the p[lay is designed for him..yet Dak never looks his way.

Yah I was taking about the warner piece.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It starts with inexperienced coaching because Jerry wants to create his own Landry. Still didn't learn from the Garrett decade.

Then Moore tells Jerry what he wants to hear in that they can feature Prescott.

Adds up to disaster. The guy isn't terrible but he needs to be used the right way.....and that clearly isn't the right way.

Bringing everyone back won't fix anything at all and I fully expect 2010 to repeat itself in 2022.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere but I know some have commented about it in other threads, so I watched it and wanted to share it with those who haven't seen it.

Kurt Warner is saying:

1. Kellen Moore doesn't know how to design a High/Low play against Zone coverage

Dak Prescott doesn't truly understand his reads based on the play he's running, doesn't pick up hots against the blitz, he struggles or fails to read the Mike LB or the Safety and he's holding the ball too long resulting in bad throws and sacks.

The examples in his analysis are so concerning that if Kurt Warner is right you have to move on from Kellen Moore or at least get him educated against the Zone and if Dak doesn't improve you have to consider your options with him too. I don't see how anyone (the Jones family or McCarthy) would disagree unless they think Kurt Warner is wrong. Watch it for yourselves it's scary..lmk what you guys think

Man was this brutal to watch.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I feel bad for the WRs who must get dejected busting their butts getting open on these routes only to have the QB unable to get them the ball.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Everyone knows Dak was never the most accurate. My biggest concerns with the video besides Moore designing poor plays against zone defense, Dak Prescott not making the right reads for the play called, not even looking in the right direction to look off a safety or a mlb. The fact that this happened so late in the season in the playbook is a major concern. When you don't know where you're going and you hold the ball for an extra half second or more, you make poor throws, mechanics look bad, the o-line looks bad etc. When Moore had a good play called against Zone coverage Dak still struggled. He struggles to read a basic zone defense and lacks clear understanding of the concept of the play as Moore also lacks understanding of the high/low concept Warner talks about.
actually in 2019 and then 2020 and earlier this year he was pretty accurate. believe it or not he was more accurate from the pocket than when he was on the move. so maybe early in his career he wasn't as accurate, which led to him holding on to the ball too long, but after working with Kitna his mechanics were solid.

you want to blame everything on Dak. then do so....don't try to justify because its not justifiable....not all was Dak's fault. Moore got owned the second half of the season. even the run game stopped working and that was with 5 or 6 people stopping the run......

and I bet you were one of those people screaming at Williams and Biadasz and want them gone, so they have to share some of the blame...

now, was Dak bad 100% of the time? no
Was Moore bad 100% of the time? no
were Williams and Biadasz bad 100% of the time? no

but together they were bad enough times for things to get screwed up like it did.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Guess we're starting to see why Lamb wasn't drafted sooner.

I'm a little less of a doomer about the game. I think the poor play across the board, particularly by the offense, was uncharacteristic. Lamb had a good year.

The poor DT play was expected. Poor play by Dak, disappointing, but not shocking. We all know Zeke doesn't have it anymore.

Biggest worry is the poor play by the oline. They're supposed to be our strength that turns on come the playoffs. If they're just older and don't have it in them, or it just doesn't last til the end of a 17 game season, we're never doing anything and are looking at years of rebuild across the board.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tony Romo did not have problems reading defenses or going through his progressions. Like I said. Dak should be all world with these offensive weapons.

Warner demonstrated how QB play is all about seeing the field and reading the defense.