Kurt Warner MVP?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I don't judge people on one game (usually), but in front of the country this guy decides to throw 3 interceptions? Thats got to hurt his credibility for MVP, especially against a struggling Philadelphia team trying to find an identity.

I felt that the Cardinals would get exposed, but I didn't figure the Eagles were the team to do it. And I'm not pleased that the Eagles bought themselves a few more weeks, and got out of the oven. I want Reid and McNabb out of Philly ASAP.

The Panch

Reaction score
Yeah, he looked awful and these last two games which were opportunities for him to prove he and the Cardinals were for real and he reverted back to his turnover prone ways.

That being said, the Eagles didnt expose anything. Warner just made some horrible passes that got picked, Boldin played like dookie and fumbled any chance of them making a comeback and the coaching for that defense was horrible. They were getting gashed by Westbrook most of the first half and waited til nearly half time to start stuffing the box and attacking the line. Their D-line just got flat out punked.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2448437 said:
I don't judge people on one game (usually), but in front of the country this guy decides to throw 3 interceptions? Thats got to hurt his credibility for MVP, especially against a struggling Philadelphia team trying to find an identity.

I felt that the Cardinals would get exposed, but I didn't figure the Eagles were the team to do it. And I'm not pleased that the Eagles bought themselves a few more weeks, and got out of the oven. I want Reid and McNabb out of Philly ASAP.

Like I said on other threads-this was no different from last year when they pounded a bad Lions team at home after a dysmal 0-2 start w/ lots of distractions. It went from wanting to run McNabb out of town one minute to saying how he was the greatest thing since sliced bread the next to wanting him running out of town(again). This isn't '06 or any other year where the Eagles just rise to the occassion in the final sprint-their situation is different now.

And besides-the Cards are nothing but a decent team(at best) that's luckly to be in a division where their opponents are averaging 2 wins.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
a lot of people wanted to crown them the 2nd best team in the nfc.

And I honestly think that is us, and i think we can win the best team in the nfc if we beat the giants, we don't even need to win the division. If we can win out towards the end of the season... thats us in the driver seat, even in a wildcard spot.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Tonights performance by Warner simply verified even further, for me, that Brees is the MVP.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
not if the saints miss the playoffs. As much as I hate the Idea, if the saints miss the playoffs then the mvp should be......Favre. There I said it and will probably kill myself now

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2448568 said:
Tonights performance by Warner simply verified even further, for me, that Brees is the MVP.

Can the league MVP come from a team that misses the playoffs and finishes last in the division? Not saying the Saints will, but it seems like a distinct possibility.

When was the last time a league MVP didn't come from a playoff-bound team, I wonder?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2448568 said:
I think right now the MVP should be one of the Mannings or Romo. Brees has double digit interceptions and his team is average at best. That's not an MVP.

Ren

Reaction score
I'd put Favre or Portis in front of him after tonight

now excuse me while i go throw up :bang2:

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
madden is probably having wet dreams of favre winning the MVP. ....right....about ....now......

yentl911

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2448498 said:
Romo = MVP!!! Just like Emmitt in '93!
After seeing how diffrent this team is without Romo - I think he more than deserves consideration for the MVP. No doubt.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a reason the MVP is decided at seasons end. One game isn't going to win you, or lose you the MVP honors. At this point, Warner is still in the running, as is Romo and Farvererer and a few others.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If Dallas wins three of there last four and you presume that would be with Romo playing well, than he would have a great shot.

Right now:

1.Portis
2.Favre
3.Warner
4.Brees
5.Romo

Clinton Portis is as important a running back as you will find in the NFL. Without him, the Skins are the Celeveland Browns.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Guy filling in for Mike and Mike in the morning was saying that when Warner was in N.Y. with the Giants, he would take sacks instead of throwing the ball away because didn't want to lower his passer rating. (He has the best passer rating in NFL history.) He was sacked 39 times that year in just 10 games.

He also brought up the the main reason the Cards can't run is because of Warner's insistence on being in the shotgun.

Sounds about right to me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
MVP is laughable.

How many fumbles does have?
How many in one game this year? didnt he have about 5 or 6 earlier in a loss?

JonCJG

Reaction score
YoMick;2448983 said:
MVP is laughable.

How many fumbles does have?
How many in one game this year? didnt he have about 5 or 6 earlier in a loss?

9 fumbles so far the year, 4 against the Jets.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
If we finish 11-5 or 12-4, there's no way you can vote Warner as MVP ahead of Romo. We were so awful without him, we could have easily been 0-3.

If we go 3-1 or 4-0 and Romo continues to post the numbers he has the past two games, he should be MVP hands down.