Kurt Warner MVP?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2449097 said:
If we finish 11-5 or 12-4, there's no way you can vote Warner as MVP ahead of Romo. We were so awful without him, we could have easily been 0-3.

If we go 3-1 or 4-0 and Romo continues to post the numbers he has the past two games, he should be MVP hands down.

True, but having said that, if Brett Favor takes the Jets to the Superbowl there is a serious argument there. That is why you have to wait until the end of the season. A lot can, and will happen.

Hell, if Matt Cassell gets the Pats back to the Super Bowl, you got another argument there.

Bottom line is, it's close this year and there are a lot of guys in the running. I don't get the Portis thing though, I'll grant you that. To me, he's not an option. I don't even see the Skins making the playoffs.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sarge;2449106 said:
True, but having said that, if Brett Favor takes the Jets to the Superbowl there is a serious argument there. That is why you have to wait until the end of the season. A lot can, and will happen.

Hell, if Matt Cassell gets the Pats back to the Super Bowl, you got another argument there.

Bottom line is, it's close this year and there are a lot of guys in the running. I don't get the Portis thing though, I'll grant you that. To me, he's not an option. I don't even see the Skins making the playoffs.

You're right. It's a popularity contest and you love winners and not losers.

If we win out or esp win the SB then Romo will get the MVP. If Cassals or Favre win the SB then it'll be one of them. If Ben wins it then I don't have any idea. Then it will be more fair.

Cowboys2008;2449187 said:
I have never understood the fascination with Warner. Not now, not in St. Louis.

Warner can pass a team to a SB and then win it. But he does fumble too much as well as throw too many picks. And the shotgun does create problems for his OC. It's hard to play action out of the shotgun.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Cards are 7-5, Warner should be getting no love from anyone.

Brees' team is 6-5, not MVP worthy IMO.

Portis is a legit candidate, but will he finish the season healthy?

It should be a two man race, Favre and Romo. Both teams showed that without them under center, they are very average.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
RainMan;2448624 said:
Can the league MVP come from a team that misses the playoffs and finishes last in the division? Not saying the Saints will, but it seems like a distinct possibility.

When was the last time a league MVP didn't come from a playoff-bound team, I wonder?

I think an MVP can come from a mediocre team. It depends on what that player means to his team. You can't argue that Brees isn't his team MVP. The same cannot be said for a lot of other players in the so-called running.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I predict that the clock strikes Midnight for Kerry Collins and Kurt Warner(well for Warner, it has already).