Kwity paye

Carter

Reaction score
Paye is nothing like Taco.

Hes a combination of Jason Pierre-Paul and Ziggy Ansah if i ever saw one and i watched all of Michigans Games since this is my Alma mater.

Still hes not worth picking Top10. Not enough experience and tape.

If we draft down to the 20s sign me up but we have other glaring needs and Pass Rush isnt one of them

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Who is the last great defender from Michigan? And this dude never played great before. Pass
Frank Clark, Brandon Graham, Devin Bush

Idk what your definition of great is, that's about as good as it gets. Better than that is an anomaly from just about any school.

The idea that "there aren't great players from here, so the next guy isn't going to be great either" is also flawed. One thing doesn't have to do with the other.

Carson

Reaction score
If you aren’t a monster 3 tech, I don’t want any defensive lineman in the first round.

We have plenty of ends.

817Gill

Reaction score
Wait I thought this guy was 6’1 250ish, he’s 6’4 272!? And a SPARQ freak? If he has some technical ability and a high motor then there’s no way this guy isn’t productive at the next level.

What are his cons? I’m also Googling them but maybe some of y’all have different insight.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Freakish athleticism and had some production this last year.

Sheepish fans will waste a lot of time claiming another Taco (since he went to Michigan).

Intriguing player but I'm not pulling that trigger at pick 10 on him.
Early reports I'm hearing is he is a good run defender, but needs a lot of development as a pass rusher. Wouldn't touch such a player that high up in the draft.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Too risky with this roster
We need day one starters

Fine if you think that way but teams highly value traits.

If he team feels like Rousseau/Paye is the BPA and develop into a stud I can get on board.

conner01

Reaction score
Fine if you think that way but teams highly value traits.

If he team feels like Rousseau/Paye is the BPA and develop into a stud I can get on board.
One or both may develop but at 10 there will be ready to play players like one of the CB’s or others
We need players ready to play right now
That’s my thinking but we shall see what the team thinks

cnuball21

Reaction score
One or both may develop but at 10 there will be ready to play players like one of the CB’s or others
We need players ready to play right now
That’s my thinking but we shall see what the team thinks

Agree to an extent but you aren't just drafting for this year.

conner01

Reaction score
Agree to an extent but you aren't just drafting for this year.
I agree
But at that 10 pick I don’t think this roster can handle the gamble
You have to take the best player and not gamble of traits, but get proven good football player

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He is like taco in his lack of experience on the other hand he is a much much better athlete than Charlton ever was.

he's got a lot of flaws so in an ideal world he would be a late first rounder in my opinion. He is much better than taco though.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I agree
But at that 10 pick I don’t think this roster can handle the gamble
You have to take the best player and not gamble of traits, but get proven good football player

Some teams would agree with you and some would not.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Paye is a no brained at 10 if he makes it. What happens if Dlaw goes down? We’re screwed.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That’s true
Just my opinion
But at 10 to me we need the most complete prospect we can get

Sure...I just know some teams opinions might be different on these 1st round pass rushers. I think you're going to be surprised how early some of these guys go.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Just for reference, Paye's current ranking on big boards:

TDN: 8
PFF: 10
CBS: 7
WalterFootball: 13