Kwity paye

bewp7

Reaction score
hi

i have been looking at a lot of mock draft and kwity paye from michigan is around were the cowboys pick is. people put him around 8-15 range. a lot put him ahead of rousseau. i do not watch any michigan but some do. if you watch michigan is he some one you would take over one of the corer backs? because i would rather pick a edge rush over cb if i had a choice.

thanks

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think he's more of an option in the mid-late teens. The dude looks like a freak and is going to run and test well. He's also a great, likable kid who's not going to embarrass you off the field.

He doesn't have great bend for a DE and I think it impacts his statistical output - he had two sacks this year in four games which isn't awful, but doesn't stand out. In some ways, if he lost 20 pounds, I think he'd be a very capable MLB, but doubt he'll be asked to do that.

If we were going to take a DE (which I don't think is the best option in Round 1), I'd rather take Rousseau as he's simply performed better on the field. Rotation-wise, just seems like we're a bit more stable at end vs. the interior, LB and secondary.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Freakish athleticism and had some production this last year.

Sheepish fans will waste a lot of time claiming another Taco (since he went to Michigan).

Intriguing player but I'm not pulling that trigger at pick 10 on him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty meh on him as a first-round pick.

But - a lot like Taco actually - the overall weakness of this class in the 10-20 range means he could go really anywhere.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm pretty meh on him as a first-round pick.

But - a lot like Taco actually - the overall weakness of this class in the 10-20 range means he could go really anywhere.

Yep - I think this is a very fluid draft after the first dozen guys or so. We'll have a bit of movement and risers/fallers like we all do, but if I'm Dallas, I'm targeting one of Parsons/Farley/Surtain. At least one should be on the board; if none are, then you might start thinking about Rousseau though I think he's going to climb draft boards as teams get a better look at him.

What sucks is the Eagles will likely get one of Chase/Smith at wideout as both are quality guys that would give us fits.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Him and Rousseau are both upside picks IMO. Some teams will draft dudes super early based on traits some will not.

Paye has some serious juice when you watch him and the traits are there...just depends on if you're open to betting on the traits.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
But - a lot like Taco actually
Completely disagree.

Taco was already maxed out developmentally, he was the exact same player his last 3 years at Michigan. Not a great bender at all.

Paye was a high school RB who's gotten bigger the last few years and is still figuring things out. He also has world class explosiveness.

Nothing like Taco.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Completely disagree.

Taco was already maxed out developmentally, he was the exact same player his last 3 years at Michigan. Not a great bender at all.

Paye was a high school RB who's gotten bigger the last few years and is still figuring things out. He also has world class explosiveness.

Nothing like Taco.
Cool.

I wasn't comparing the two as players. Try that again.

UncleBlazer

Reaction score
Freakish athleticism and had some production this last year.

Sheepish fans will waste a lot of time claiming another Taco (since he went to Michigan).

Intriguing player but I'm not pulling that trigger at pick 10 on him.
What about Azeez Ojulari?? Where do you like him?? He’s my favorite edge in the class.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What about Azeez Ojulari?? Where do you like him?? He’s my favorite edge in the class.
Good player, really impressive year.

Will get some comparisons to Leonard Floyd...Georgia, size, athleticism. Turns a corner better than anyone I've seen this year. Elite closing speed.

cnuball21

Reaction score

One of the more natural edge rushers in the class but I'd worry about him getting killed in the run game.

I think he's better suited for a team that runs a more 3-4 heavy scheme.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He's way too short for that weight, unfortunately. He's basically Vic Beasley.

Maybe he can be effective on passing downs or sub packages as a pure speed rusher, but unless he can play SAM in a 4-3, he's not going to be an every-down player.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
6'3" 240, will probably be closer to 255 in NFL.

Von Miller 6'3" 250 (was 243 in college)
Khalil Mack 6'3" 260 (was 248 in college)

But I can see the Vic Beasley comparison and concerns as well.

Small sample to go on for Ojulari so far. Can't teach his type of explosiveness though.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
6'3" 240, will probably be closer to 255 in NFL.

Von Miller 6'3" 250 (was 243 in college)
Khalil Mack 6'3" 260 (was 248 in college)

But I can see the Vic Beasley comparison and concerns as well.

Small sample to go on for Ojulari so far. Can't teach his type of explosiveness though.
Well the thing is you're asking him to put on 15 lbs (assuming his play weight is actually 240) and maintain the explosiveness. Mack and Miller were both a lot thicker and more explosive at the POA - Mack anyway, I don't really remember Miller in college, but he's played that way - and could maintain leverage both against the run and when OTs got hands on them.

Ojulari can't do that. As a pass rusher, he gets pretty easily pushed past the pocket if he doesn't win clean with his first step, and against the run the best he can hope for is to maintain a gap, but he can't disengage. He's willing to take blockers on, but just doesn't have the length or play stength to get off blocks.

Plankton

Reaction score
Ojulari is the kind of player who gets dinged for size/size potential, and then goes to a team like the Steelers or Ravens, and is killer off the edge.