Kyler Murray Has Removed All Mention Of The Cardinals Off His Social Media

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
That would make sense. He was clearly struggling with knowing what team he was playing for against the Rams.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Watch him go to NYG for the #5 and #7 pick and heads explode.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Remember him from his days at A&M

I knew his dad when we were at A&M. I played....tennis... on the team so we ate in the same cafeteria. He was a little "too cool for school" type of guy, but nothing over the top at all.

mardwin

Reaction score
They don’t get the yearly money that quarterbacks will be making. The salary cap is about to explode. Max Sherzer will make 43 million this year while Dak, Allen and Mahomes make 45+ for 17 games compared to 162. Baseball has more years because you can play longer but with the rules changes protecting quarterbacks, they are playing into their late 30s.

The name of the game is guaranteed money, and MLB contracts are 100% guaranteed unless there's a club option. Mr. Jones gest high on his own supply so he overpays for everyone.

JustChip

Reaction score
THE Oakland A's drafted him with the 9th overall pick. HE HAD A CHOICE. He can always quit and play baseball. The $ would be greater.
If I remember right, he signed a contract with Oakland, but it had an escape clause which he invoked. He also only signed the baseball contract if it included the provision that he would bypass the minors and be put on the 25 man roster immediately.

Flamma

Reaction score
and they may do a deal now, nullifying his last year..or wh knows. I'm just saying, they really are holding all the cards..pun intended. The tag is their friend.

They can't nullify anything. Even if they extend him, he still has to play out his rookie contract and 5th year option. Any extension for him would start in 2024.

Maybe who knows. Most here speculate why without any other info. I haven't seen any public statements from Kyler about anything so I don't think it is a big deal.

It is speculation at this point. Wouldn't you at least give the team a chance to extend you before worrying about it? They haven't even had the chance to pick up his 5th year option. Which I think is that choice is made before May of this year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They can't nullify anything. Even if they extend him, he still has to play out his rookie contract and 5th year option. Any extension for him would start in 2024.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say one we don't know what Kyler has talked to the team about but I'm pretty sure the agent has already talked to the team about an extension usually that is the first thing that you do and we don't ever hear about it.

It is speculation at this point. Wouldn't you at least give the team a chance to extend you before worrying about it? They haven't even had the chance to pick up his 5th year option. Which I think is that choice is made before May of this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm going to go full circle and use Occam's razor. It's his way of telling the team he wants an extension now, or he wants to go to a team that will give him one now. Sort of like testing the market before he can test the market. Because if he's traded, it would be to a team that would give him an extension. Maybe he doesn't want to wait another 2 years if the Cards decide to sit on it. He's got nothing to lose unless he decides to hold out.

If I was a GM, I would not give him an extension. But I do believe there are teams out there that would. So if this is his angle, it's a smart one.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The ESPN article mention sources from the Team have concerns about Murray’s maturity, self-centeredness and penchant for fault finding.

I can’t prove any of that but from the outside looking in he definitely a bad body language guy. I’m not a big fan of Murray at all.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If Kyler is deadset against AZ, I would deal him as his stock likely isn't going higher. Can't let him walk for a third round comp pick if the relationship is that poor.

Flamma

Reaction score
The NFL needs to take a stand before this turns into the NBA. Clearly he wants an extension and is butt hurt it may not happen. If I'm AZ I give him his trade if he pays back the $5,897,481 in signing bonus he got for 2022. Otherwise let him act like a disgruntled housewife on social media and sit him or a year.