Kyler Murray not expect to play w/o a new deal

Flamma

Reaction score
He has been in the league for years. He was surrounded by a great line, the best run game in football, a solid defense, and weapons on offense. Anytime they had to depend on him he threw picks and could rarely get the job done. I have Cleveland buddies and we would laugh about how bad he was.

Are you saying he is a good QB?

I think he's in the Wentz category.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You mean contract extension? Anyway, I just find it difficult to believe a team is going to pay Murray around 40M a year after giving up multiple first round picks. I have a feeling he's stuck in Arizona.

A contract extension will be a new deal. No team will give up multiple first round picks for Murray. He’s very talented but flawed. He doesn’t check all the boxes.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
dak is good enough. that's like saying I got the fattest big girl because she couldn't run away from me. good enough. Big girls can't run fast.
What happened to this house, everyone living in some fantasy land like Baby Dak going to be play second fiddle to Daddy Dak.
Baby Dak is Murray
Daddy Dak is Baby Dak
It hurts your brain if you stare at it long enough

Flamma

Reaction score
A contract extension will be a new deal. No team will give up multiple first round picks for Murray. He’s very talented but flawed. He doesn’t check all the boxes.

A new deal replaces an old deal. A contract extension does not. Otherwise I agree.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
A contract extension is a new contract. Aaron Rodgers contract was extended and it was a new contract. You actually want to make a big deal over this?

“It’s official. Aaron Rodgers has signed a new contract with the Packers, setting him up to return to Green Bay next season.”

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2022/03/15/aaron-rodgers-contract-details-packers-return

The reason I brought it up was not to play semantics. I don't know what you know. New contracts, contract renegotiations, and contract extensions are all different things. They are often used interchangeably, leading many to believe, for example, that if Kyler Murray got a new contract, that he wouldn't be playing on a rookie deal anymore.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The reason I brought it up was not to play semantics. I don't know what you know. New contracts, contract renegotiations, and contract extensions are all different things. They are often used interchangeably, leading many to believe, for example, that if Kyler Murray got a new contract, that he wouldn't be playing on a rookie deal anymore.

A contract extension is a new contract. Aaron Rodgers contract was extended but it’s a new contract. Kyler Murray isn’t looking to play under his rookie deal anymore he wants a new contract. A contract that’s extended isn’t going to be the same contract. It’s a new deal!

Flamma

Reaction score
A contract extension is a new contract. Aaron Rodgers contract was extended but it’s a new contract. Kyler Murray isn’t looking to play under his rookie deal anymore he wants a new contract. A contract that’s extended isn’t going to be the same contract. It’s a new deal!

This is why I asked. Kyler Murray doesn't have a choice. He has to finish out his rookie contract. No choice in the matter. Kyler Murray is looking for an extension to his rookie deal. Call it whatever you want, but Kyler still has to play out his 4th, and 5th year option before any new deal starts. No player can eliminate their rookie deal. Ever.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is why I asked. Kyler Murray doesn't have a choice. He has to finish out his rookie contract. No choice in the matter. Kyler Murray is looking for an extension to his rookie deal. Call it whatever you want, but Kyler still has to play out his 4th, and 5th year option before any new deal starts. No player can eliminate their rookie deal. Ever.

He does have a choice he can hold out. If Murray voluntarily chooses not to play in 2022, the guaranteed fifth-year option in 2023 worth an estimated $29.7 million gets pushed back to 2024 and he wouldn't be eligible for free agency until 2025. He would put AZ in a bind if he refuses to play and asks for a trade. If they decided to trade him they won’t have a viable QB. It’s very difficult finding a solid QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
He does have a choice he can hold out. If Murray voluntarily chooses not to play in 2022, the guaranteed fifth-year option in 2023 worth an estimated $29.7 million gets pushed back to 2024 and he wouldn't be eligible for free agency until 2025. He would put AZ in a bind if he refuses to play and asks for a trade. If they decided to trade him they won’t have a viable QB. It’s very difficult finding a solid QB.

They haven't picked up his 5th year option yet. Lets get there first.

Dak got a new contract. He got a signing bonus and played under what he signed right away.

Under normal circumstances if Kyler gets an extension, all he receives is his signing bonus. He does not immediately play under the contract. He continues to play out his rookie deal, and the extension begins in 2024.

He's not going to hold out. Even his agent said that wasn't likely due to what it would cost him. Remember, the rules have changed. None of the fines can be waived.

Adreme

Reaction score

Dak got a new contract. He got a signing bonus and played under what he signed right away.

Under normal circumstances if Kyler gets an extension, all he receives is his signing bonus. He does not immediately play under the contract. He continues to play out his rookie deal, and the extension begins in 2024.

He's not going to hold out. Even his agent said that wasn't likely due to what it would cost him. Remember, the rules have changed. None of the fines can be waived.

Even if they intend to trade him they will pick up his 5th year option just because it boosts his trade value. If they trade him though they would likely want the standard multiple 1s that is seemingly the value of a QB of his caliber and I am not sure many are lining up to pay that this late in the offeason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Dak never made any complaints about his rookie deal. He knew he was very fortunate being a fourth round pick to have a starting job. He was well aware that he was going to have to prove himself. If Murray asks for a trade then he’s probably not playing this season unless he gets a new contract.

Flamma

Reaction score
Even if they intend to trade him they will pick up his 5th year option just because it boosts his trade value. If they trade him though they would likely want the standard multiple 1s that is seemingly the value of a QB of his caliber and I am not sure many are lining up to pay that this late in the offeason.

Yeah, I remember Darnold's was picked up when traded.

I think Kyler will be stuck in Arizona for at least another year. Just a guess. Unless they are willing to take less. Holding out or not playing won't help his future in the NFL.

Flamma

Reaction score
If Murray asks for a trade then he’s probably not playing this season unless he gets a new contract.

Like I said. He's not replacing his rookie deal. It's just not possible regardless of what he wants. It's in the rules. Besides, he has to play unless he wants to go to baseball. How would it help him not to play? If he holds out he loses a ton in fines. Not playing won't increase his trade value either.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of his caliber? All the QB's who brought multiple firsts were of a higher caliber than Murray.

Adreme

Reaction score
Of his caliber? All the QB's who brought multiple firsts were of a higher caliber than Murray.

Murray is in that exact same tier as Stafford except younger. He is absolutely going to join the 40m club the only question is whether Arizona pays it or someone else does.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I have never singled you out as one of these people. I think this is the difference between the two. You (that I know of) have not made a irrational post about Dak.
I therefore am not talking to or about you. I'm talking about guys that have posted some BS and No matter how much you post Facts to the contrary, they just keep coming with the BS
Like I say over and over If it ain't you, it ain't you . If I wasn't talking to you and you know you haven't engaged in hate why repond? Because truth is there are those who go over the top and
I'm gonna call them out on their BS and quite frankly I could give a fleas coitus who doesn't like it. Bruh I never tell you or anyone else what to think about anyone. Just so you know I actually want to hear differing opinions
and I do listen to a persons words and I will ask you what you think when I want to know. My ire is directed at a certain type. If it were you, You would know it.
Peace and love though, honestly No Smoke with you.

I responded because you quoted ME and then went on your talk about Dak haters.

Flamma

Reaction score
Obviously not. Wentz continues to bounce around the league and is probably on his last starting gig if he doesnt play better.

But you are entitled.

I can't tell who you think is better. Your sentence could indicate Wentz or Baker are better.