Kyler Murray

fansince68

Reaction score
Should we spend a 5th round pick on his rights in case baseball turns out to be a no go?

Paradox

Reaction score
I'm an OU fan so I've watched this kid play all year. He's lightning in a bottle. But he's too small for the NFL. He's listed at 5'10" which means he's 5'9 at best. Unless we plan to convert him into a slot receiver it's not worth it.

Pants

Reaction score
If it brings Riley along as OC, absolutely yes! Murray would not play as a QB in the pros, but it would be fun to see Riley come up with something to involve him

Carson

Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken (similar to La’el Collins), if we draft him and he does not report or sign, he falls back into the draft next year (if he chooses) correct?

I remember when Collins told teams, he would not sign, sit out a year than enter next year’s draft.

So kind of a waste since he’s likely to play the other ball for a few seasons.

dallas72

Reaction score
5th round doubts hes there..But I'd take a flyer ...hes 5 9 or 5 10 ...Russell is 5 11, ..problem is you have to fully change offense ...rollouts because he cant see over DTs .....example Drew Brees vs Cowboys ..we killed him rush up the middle he couldnt see downfield

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think you bring in as many legit challengers for the starting QB spot as possible. We need an upgrade. Open competition season...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I’m not mistaken (similar to La’el Collins), if we draft him and he does not report or sign, he falls back into the draft next year (if he chooses) correct?

I remember when Collins told teams, he would not sign, sit out a year than enter next year’s draft.

So kind of a waste since he’s likely to play the other ball for a few seasons.
I think the way around that would be from to sign his rookie contract. He would have no reason not, as its basically money for nothing. He gets paid for not playing football and you retain his rights

Thats if you can stash him on some reserve list

Carson

Reaction score
I think the way around that would be from to sign his rookie contract. He would have no reason not, as its basically money for nothing. He gets paid for not playing football and you retain his rights

Thats if you can stash him on some reserve list

Murray must have the worst life ever!

kskboys

Reaction score
I think there's more desirable players to handwring over!!!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Murray has every intention of trying to be a baseball player which means he’ll be digging it out in the minors for the next 2-3 years at minimum.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm an OU fan so I've watched this kid play all year. He's lightning in a bottle. But he's too small for the NFL. He's listed at 5'10" which means he's 5'9 at best. Unless we plan to convert him into a slot receiver it's not worth it.

Thats my impression. He looks about 5'8. His ability to scramble and run wouldn't threaten NFL defenses the same way.

RS12

Reaction score
Murray is a freak athlete, someone will draft him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think you bring in as many legit challengers for the starting QB spot as possible. We need an upgrade. Open competition season...
I think Dak is our franchise QB but I absolutely want him to have competition. He seems to play much better with someone that could take his job. Rush and White aren't better and isn't a threat. I like White a ton though