Kyler Murray

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think Dak is our franchise QB but I absolutely want him to have competition. He seems to play much better with someone that could take his job. Rush and White aren't better and isn't a threat. I like White a ton though

So you're saying that he doesn't or won't try to get better unless there's somebody that could take his job?

No way to know that, he may be trying as hard as he can to get better, but doesn't have the ability. After 48 games I don't see that he's going to get a lot better, regardless of whether he has competition or not. I do think he can improve somewhat, more if he had a better quarterback coach, and that may be enough, but competition doesn't automatically make someone play better...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Murray must have the worst life ever!

I don't know if you can. I mean, you *could* add him to the did not report list, but then he wouldn't get paid. Can't add him on PUP or IR because there is no injury. Futures/Reserves is only an off season thing.

I guess, you could just eat the cap hit and hope the signing bonus is enough to entice him to actually sign, but then again, he's making more than enough in baseball, and I'm fairly certain he knows if he were to enter the 2020 draft, he'd make more, so why lock himself in for 5th round money?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So you're saying that he doesn't or won't try to get better unless there's somebody that could take his job?

No way to know that, he may be trying as hard as he can to get better, but doesn't have the ability. After 48 games I don't see that he's going to get a lot better, regardless of whether he has competition or not. I do think he can improve somewhat, more if he had a better quarterback coach, and that may be enough, but competition doesn't automatically make someone play better...
He can and is getting better but what I mean is Dak is best under pressure. That's with a lot of people, if your boss hires someone that is really good you are going to go all out to make sure you keep your job. Doesn't mean you aren't already good and or not improving without that guy.