Twitter: L.P. Ladouceur thankful for time with Cowboys but not done

plymkr

Reaction score

"The way it ends is sometimes the way it begins," Ladouceur said. "They're going in a different direction. When I signed with the Cowboys in 2005, they made a quick decision on the snapper they had and signed me. Sometimes it's a bang-bang thing. I think they just wanted to go in a different direction. I understand that."

Ladouceur's 16 seasons match former Cowboys tight end Jason Witten for the most in franchise history. His 253 games are second most to Witten's 255.

"He was the face of the franchise for 16 years pretty much," Ladouceur said of Witten. "He's been a tremendous player, tremendous person in the community. So playing second fiddle to Jason Witten ain't bad."

"I'm not thinking about retirement," he said. "Obviously the years are definitely stacking up against me, but if it's two more years? OK. One more year? OK. And if we're done, that's not a problem. I'm very satisfied with where I am in life and my career football wise.

He definitely took the high road. Classy move by a classy guy. I would have been very upset if I was in his position.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
"We have a legit 100% perfect long snapper....yall have any suggestions about how to improve the team?"

"Lets try upgrading the long snapper"

dogberry

Reaction score
I’ll deploy my double digit IQ to observe that the Rams have an opening.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I hear there may be a job open in L.A. for L,P. Isn't that where our new long snapper came from?