LA will be getting a football team......

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't see it. There is so much to do in LA that people really don't care about teams unless there perennial winners. LA has been disinterested in football for years. I can't see the Rose Bowl being used. That area is not going to go along with the atmosphere chance a Pro Stadium would cause IMO. The Collisium is a train wreck so I don't know how that would work. Considerable expense just to get that right. I don't know, this sounds like lots of talk but until the Cash shows up, I'm sceptical.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I don't see it. There is so much to do in LA that people really don't care about teams unless there perennial winners. LA has been disinterested in football for years. I can't see the Rose Bowl being used. That area is not going to go along with the atmosphere chance a Pro Stadium would cause IMO. The Collisium is a train wreck so I don't know how that would work. Considerable expense just to get that right. I don't know, this sounds like lots of talk but until the Cash shows up, I'm sceptical.

I agree but the league seems to be determined to get a league in LA.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree but the league seems to be determined to get a league in LA.

They do but getting an owner to agree to move a team or even place a team is another story.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
They do but getting an owner to agree to move a team or even place a team is another story.

I think once they determine who will go to LA the league will make worth while for that owner. Also you do have teams who have recently had stadium proposals shot down and may be more inclined to move them. I'm not saying I agree with it but in the end I do think LA will have an NFL team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
they are, but don't put it past Bidwell to move anyway.

Once they agreed to build the stadium the city will lock that team in so they can't move.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I used to live in LA. I loved the area and the weather. I also love the DC area (where I now reside). It's too bad both cities aren't 26 miles apart as opposed to 2600 miles apart so that I could commute back and forth between each one. ;)

LA is just a conglomeration of various different principalities. Thus, you have areas like Pasadena, Artesia, Beverly Hills, Westwood, etc. that define the latter. They all exist as part of LA county.

Anaheim is outside of LA County and in Orange County so it wouldn't actually be considered LA.

For some reason, it just doesn't seem that LA should have a football team. It just feels wierd.

Jacksonville seems like a likely bet to move there out of all the teams listed. Why does Florida need three teams anyways?