Lack of talent or Lack of coaching, can only pick one?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL.

Get the coach first. Then get the talent. A new coach could have a different system that would/could require certain players.

There's a base here already - good TB, good OL, some pieces on defense. The next step should be getting a legit coaching staff and then they can put the final pieces together for the team based on needs. For example, maybe the next coach comes in and puts a premium on DT play whereas our current one thinks he can get by with little investment in the DT position.

Honestly, if this season is a disappointment, it's the perfect time to grab a new coach.

I agree that if the season is a disappointment they'll change the coach.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Then we better do a better job of getting the talent together. I'm all for upgrading the coaching, while we're at it. We just need to get on the same page re: what's an actual upgrade and what is 'movement' emulating actual 'progress.'
You're right, no upgrade at receiver, TE, safety, OL depth etc. Jones put all his money in bringing in help for Garrett, Linehan and Rod that he forget to bring in players.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Talent is probably too broad. In the NFL, the QB position can make or break you. And while I still support and hope Dak becomes a star QB, he just has not performed well lately. If he can turn it around, we have a chance. If he can't, then nothing else matters.